December 21, 2014 | 1063 users online

Other - Nature's Gate Natural Toothpaste

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2012 10:46:00 PM More reviews by Missy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

A few months ago, I picked up a tube of this at a natural health food store. I kept hearing things about flouride poisoning our bodies and our teeth not actually needing it to be healthy, blah, blah, blah. My son continued using our regular Colgate Total and my daughter used this new flouride-free toothpaste (because she has trouble with spitting and not swallowing when she brushes) for 5 months. This morning, both my children went to the dentist for their bi-annual check-ups. My son had ZERO cavities, as always. My daughter, on the other hand, had FIVE. She's always had perfect teeth before switching toothpastes and I am SO angry at this company for ruining them. For the sake of yours and your children's teeth, do NOT use a flouride-free toothpaste! It will ruin them!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2011 2:50:00 PM More reviews by blondchick12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Was looking to try a pleasant, SLS free and fluoride free toothpaste and did some research and this was among the higher rated choices. Very happy with this (got it in the mint flavor). Without SLS it doesn't foam like regular toothpastes but it gets the job done. Nothing super special about this and I may try other natural brands just b/c I am new to these types of toothpastes. Most importantly, I really believe that cutting SLS out of my toothpaste has made a difference w/ chin acne yayy!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2011 10:49:00 PM More reviews by MSFIT75

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After trying & being disappointed by Tom's of Maine toothpaste some years ago, I decided to branch out this time, do some research & try more brands in my quest for greener living.

I picked up this toothpaste at my local health food store because it met my requirements for safe ingredients: fluoride free, sulfate free, no sodium lauryl/laureth sulfate, paraben free, no artificial colors, flavors or sweeteners & no animal by-product or testing. It contains cranberry, pomegranate, white tea, grapeseed, aloe, ginger, bisabolol & baking soda.

It cleans my teeth well & my mouth feels fresh & just as good if not better than commercial brands. Thumbs up for this one! I rinse with Peroxide or Activated Charcoal & it really freshens, whitens, cleans naturally without the alcohol after-taste or false sweetness.