October 31, 2014 | 1519 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Wonder Woman Defiance Eyeshadow Quad

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2011 9:36:00 PM More reviews by Studiouslaura

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Okay, so I have to start out by saying that I am an absolute FREAK for Wonder Woman. I love Wonder Woman enormously. If I could, I would put Wonder Woman sheets on my bed. Hmm...[files notion away for googling later]

I was so disappointed when I read the somewhat negative reviews of the Wonder Woman line (I'm looking at you, Temptalia!), and had nearly decided that this wasn't going to be something that I bought. Sadly for my pocketbook, but happily for me, I decided to say what the heck and buy it anyway.

After my purchases spent entirely too much time sitting out the storm of Snowmageddon 2011 in a town only about 30 minutes away from me, I finally was able to rip into the box of stuff. And I was happily happily surprised.

The Defiance quad is lovely - the colors are beautiful, and the pigmentation (as others have complained about) is not super bright. However, this is a good thing in my opinion, b/c I tend to prefer to err on the side of light application, rather than looking like I have been packing it on with a trowel. That's not to say that heavy makeup is bad, but just to say that I tend to go lighter in my use. Thus, this quad is perfect for me.

I took one lippie off for this on the overall rating, b/c in addition to being rather light, it does tend to be not as easy to blend as other eyeshadows I have used. It also isn't exactly cheap.

But it has Wonder Woman on the packaging! That alone is worth a thousand lippies in my book.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2011 7:53:00 PM More reviews by oceanview08

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I watched some not so positive blogs on this collection and had decided not to purchase anything... But because I am a little bit of a MAC addict, yes I can admit it!! I went to my counter on the release date to check it out... I thought if I were to buy anything it would be the Valiant palette... But when I swatched this palette, I couldn't resist.... The colors are beautiful, and are going to be great for spring and summer, if it ever comes... lol... I think the packaging is adorable!!! Overall very happy with this, and think it is worth checking out!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2011 10:33:00 PM More reviews by BeckyJSacto

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was a little hesitant when I saw shocking pink in an eyeshadow palette, but I had total faith in the MAC sales associate who assured me it would complement my green eyes and dark hair. I bought without trying it, and I used a light touch when I got home, and I LOVE the results. It's an excellent update for spring, and it's enough of a diversion from my usual neutral palettes I use for eyeshadow. I'm excited to use it again tomorrow!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2011 7:19:00 PM More reviews by CupCakeEllie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This eyeshadow quad shape reminds me of the HelloKitty one. The colors are very beautiful, and pigmented. Three are satin, except for one, which is veluxe pearl. The colors range from a light pink to a pinkish-brown. If you like mauves, pinks,plum, burgandy then this is your palette.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2011 4:24:00 PM More reviews by icypeeches

I love this quad. I don't know why so many bloggers gave this such poor reviews. I did an EOTD with it today and its just gorgeous. The lightest color looks like pink opal in eyeshadow form, the darkest color is like a deeper version of sketch, the medium pink color is a sheer color that reminds me of vibrant grape, the second lightest pink is not pigmented and a bit chalky. This is the only dud of the quad, but it can be used to blend out the edges of the other colors. Overall, these colors can be blended together for a pretty and wearable look. Plus it comes in cute packaging. I'm so glad I picked this up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2011 2:20:00 PM More reviews by mellypmakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am thrilled that I was able to make this purchase. The packaging is beautiful!! the shadow colors are amazing. I do NOT regret buying the quad.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2011 8:34:00 PM More reviews by darkeyedfran

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

ladies, there are alot of hard feelings about the wonder woman line but i'm here to day that i was pleasantly blown away by this product! This is an amazing quad of pinks and purples that can create an array of looks! I swatched the colors on my hand when i got it and i was so so soooo dissapointed I literally frowned. They did not seem very pigmented or sparkly. I decided to give these babies a spin this morning and I nearly died when I found out just how pigmented these are! I always primed with UD primer potion just as a side note. the purples are so pigmented, i tried out star studded (2nd to the right) on my lid and then put the darkest color (real drama far right) in the crease. oh wow, i had the PERFECT purple smoky eye going on. i was so giddy, my money was not a complete waste! The pinks are obviously much much lighter but are still extremely lovely. i prefer paradise island with star studded in the crease, this creates such a nice colorful spring look! I'm looking forward to warmer weather when i can wear these beautiful colors with my spring clothes! This is a gem in my eyes, the case is beautiful and sturdy and does not look cheap as many have said. buy this if you love really colorful makeup, this is not for makeup minimalists!
i forgot to mention that the pink shadow (paradise island) is much more matte and light so a look with this color would be best with NYX milk as a base. I did not use nyx milk in the photos but i imagine it would make the pink pop more
EDIT!: I was just playing around with my too faced liquif-eye transformer and i must say that it transforms the darkest color into the most beautiful deep, rich plum eyeliner i've ever seen! I am LOVING this product! sorry i didn't post any pics using the lightest shade! photos dont do it justice, its a beautiful frost color with pink sheen

13 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No