Sephora Perfecting Ultra-Smoothing Primer

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane,Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate,Nylon-12, Aqua (Water), Sorbitan Laurate, Tristearin, Acetylated Glycol Stearate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Lactic Acid,Benzyl Alcohol, Dehydroacetic Acid, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide,Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7

I really do like this primer!! This primer feels very smooth and glides over the skin. It fills in pores and makes my foundation look perfect! I like that this also contains ingredients that are good for the skin like vitamins A and E. This primer DOES contain sunflower oil, so I would not reccommend this for oily skin types. This is definitely best suited for skintypes on the dryer side (like mine!).

I dont use primer necassarily to make my makeup last longer, I dont really ever have problems with that since my skin is so dry usually, but I do like how this primer makes my foundation look perfect and I love that.

The only thing I dislike about this is that its still $15 for only 0.5 oz so its really not any cheaper than many of the high end brands that generally cost around $30 for 1 oz. Sephora should either make this into 1 whole oz or make it cheaper for the 0.5 oz size in my opinion.

Pros
-added vitamins for skin benefits
-smooths skin texture/surface
-makes pores disappear under foundation
-doesnt cause acne

cons
price, $15 for half an oz is pretty expensive actually.

This is horrible. It feels like I'm wearing a thick film on my face when I put it on AND it makes me look oiler than I already am!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This is a good primer to keep makeup in place for a while. It's not the longest lasting however, for my oily skin it doesn't exactly do the trick. Also, my pores are still visible even after applying a moderate coat on my cheeks. But for the price it's good. Much better than the smashbox primer that broke me out. My skin does not break out when I use this product.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like it. It smooths and fills in pores I prefer this over the overly expensive smashbox primers.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I had high hopes for Sephora Collection Perfecting Ultra-Smoothing Primer because of all the great reviews, but it was horrible. It improved the appearance of my skin by smoothing it out & helping my foundation makeup apply smoothly, but it didn't improve or prolong the wear of it at all—not even a little bit. I saw no difference! I have oily skin & priming my skin before putting on a foundation isn't an option for me.

I should have known I wouldn't like this primer & it wouldn't work when I noticed some residue (little white flakes & a whitish cast) left on my skin. It didn't completely absorb even though I let it set 5 or more minutes. Stupidly, I decided to use it anyway. "Disappointed" is a word I've become used a lot when it comes to Sephora Collection cosmetics. This isn't worth the $15.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

All along i've only owned MAC primer so this is like my 2nd brand primer. I'm on the fence with this Sephora primer. I was a bit hesitant when I first found out this has silicone because i once tried Maybelline Pore Eraser and broke out real bad but after trying this, it feels pretty good. At 1st glance my face appears smooth, it doesn't feel greasy at all or feel like it's sitting on top of my skin or breaks me out. But only 3 lippies here because if i look closer into the mirror, i can see all my pores! The pores on my face are staring back at me waving hello! :( Not sure i'll buy this again. Will look for another alternative.

Very good price and amazed at how well it works!!! It really helps fill in pores, especially those on the sides of your nose on your cheek, without clogging them in a bad way! I never broke out from this product. worked well with my dry skin to make application smooth and seamless

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have a few samples OMG it feels so amazing on the skin OMG i love the feeling of this primer it's so nice and siliconey and smoothing it's absolutely amazing I think this would be wonderful for all skin types even dry!!! It makes my make up go on so smoothly and it looks almost air brushed and soft focused, and it keeps me shine free for a good 4 hours!!! I really am thinkin of buying this primer!!

Got a sample of this in sephora and really liked it. Maybe it's just as I haven't used a primer in a while I forgot how great they are in general. Makeup glided on. I'm going to buy full size for sure.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Needed a primer because i ran out of the one i was recently using, diddnt want to have to hand out 40 bucks, so i went with this sephora one which was recommended by one of the ladies who worked there. Not my favorite primer, but as i said i needed one and chose whatever. I feel like it doest keep everything in place how a primer should. The packaging isnt my fav either, i was trying to pump some out the other day and the product flew out and splat all over me. Going to use up the product but not planning on repurchasing it again.

Popular Primer/ Correctors