October 21, 2014 | 1856 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Sephora - Perfecting Ultra-Smoothing Primer

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2014 2:24:00 PM More reviews by Sancha82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like it. It smooths and fills in pores I prefer this over the overly expensive smashbox primers.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2014 6:53:00 PM More reviews by larosedechanel

I'll be blunt: Perfecting Ultra-Smoothing Primer is a piece of crap. "Ain't nobody got time for that." This primer improved the appearance of my skin & that's it—it didn't prolong the wear of my foundation… I mean not even a little bit. Like all primers, it did smooth out my skin & little imperfections & while that does help my foundation apply easily & smoothly, it did nothing for me. I saw no difference; honestly, I wouldn't be able to tell if I had this on under my foundation or not. I have oily skin & priming my face is not an option, so I had high hopes for this because of all the great reviews.

I should have known I wouldn't like this primer & it wouldn't work when I noticed some type of residue (little white flakes & a whitish cast) left on my skin. It didn't completely absorb even though I let it set 5 or more minutes. Stupidly, I decided to use it anyway. "Disappointed" is a word I've become used a lot when it comes to Sephora Collection cosmetics. This isn't worth the $15.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2014 10:08:00 PM More reviews by unoeme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

All along i've only owned MAC primer so this is like my 2nd brand primer. I'm on the fence with this Sephora primer. I was a bit hesitant when I first found out this has silicone because i once tried Maybelline Pore Eraser and broke out real bad but after trying this, it feels pretty good. At 1st glance my face appears smooth, it doesn't feel greasy at all or feel like it's sitting on top of my skin or breaks me out. But only 3 lippies here because if i look closer into the mirror, i can see all my pores! The pores on my face are staring back at me waving hello! :( Not sure i'll buy this again. Will look for another alternative.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2014 1:18:00 PM More reviews by margomiller

Very good price and amazed at how well it works!!! It really helps fill in pores, especially those on the sides of your nose on your cheek, without clogging them in a bad way! I never broke out from this product. worked well with my dry skin to make application smooth and seamless

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2014 12:01:00 PM More reviews by Bunnieskat

I have a few samples OMG it feels so amazing on the skin OMG i love the feeling of this primer it's so nice and siliconey and smoothing it's absolutely amazing I think this would be wonderful for all skin types even dry!!! It makes my make up go on so smoothly and it looks almost air brushed and soft focused, and it keeps me shine free for a good 4 hours!!! I really am thinkin of buying this primer!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2014 10:57:00 AM More reviews by AnnaG17

Got a sample of this in sephora and really liked it. Maybe it's just as I haven't used a primer in a while I forgot how great they are in general. Makeup glided on. I'm going to buy full size for sure.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2013 1:50:00 PM More reviews by Melisaaaaxox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Needed a primer because i ran out of the one i was recently using, diddnt want to have to hand out 40 bucks, so i went with this sephora one which was recommended by one of the ladies who worked there. Not my favorite primer, but as i said i needed one and chose whatever. I feel like it doest keep everything in place how a primer should. The packaging isnt my fav either, i was trying to pump some out the other day and the product flew out and splat all over me. Going to use up the product but not planning on repurchasing it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2013 1:58:00 AM More reviews by poppycherie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the first primer I have owned and WOW. I LOVE it. It makes my skin feel so smooth when I put it on, I couldn't even believe it. And it is really mattifying. When I was purchasing this, a sephora cosmetic assistant told me that if I had dry skin, silicone primers may not be best but I do have dry skin, I went ahead with the purchase and so far, I haven't had any problems!

That being said, I feel it is mattifying, perhaps because I do not have oily skin.

Nevertheless, it's a great base for me! I used it recently for a production (together with the sephora full coverage foundation) and basically the conditions I was under were: bright stage lights, humid weather, hot weather but later freezing (and drying) cold theatre, perspiring, 3 hours without touch-up. So I was really happy when my face stayed matte throughout the entire thing, and there wasn't a shine even with the stage lights! (although my face did get a little dried out because I don't use moisturiser)

Another plus for me is that when I bought this it was SGD$20, and the small one which makes it really convenient to carry around. However, I notice the primer does dry out at the nozzle, and forms a blob that I will clean off because I personally don't like using the dried out part!

Hope this helped! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 7:26:00 PM More reviews by GigiMakeupStudio

Oh my goodness, I think I might be in love. I went in to Sephora today to try their airbrush foundation & the lady at the counter took off all my makeup & re-applied it. She used this primer & I cannot tell you how flawless my skin looks. I've seen what the airbrush foundation looks like w/o it so I know it's the primer that's making it so beautiful. I got a sample & I'm so excited to wear it for the next few days. If it works as well as I see today, it's needless to say I will be on my way to Sephora again to purchase the full-size. If anything, I'll put up another review but as of now I'm loving it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2013 5:05:00 PM More reviews by fabmac1

I have a love-hate relationship with this primer! I love how it applies and gives my foundation a poreless/flawless finish. I hate how pricey this is. I believe it went up in price as well by a few dollars since I last purchased it. I have tried many primers and they really did nothing in terms of making my skin look smoother or have my foundation glide on better. Most of them just felt like I just put another layer of some useless product on. This ultra-smoothing primer by Sephora is amazing. The texture is something else as well. It's not really a gel but it kinda looks like gel? It has a slick feeling to it but doesn't feel heavy on my skin. It's similar to the Smashbox Photo Ready primer. I use this under my eyes and it makes my under eye concealer (also by Sephora) glide on beautifully! I have a small wrinkle under my eye, and this primer does a beautiful job in filling it! Doesn't feel greasy even at the end of the day but I don't have very oily skin. Would definitely rebuy!