Kate Somerville ExfoliKate Gentle Exfoliating Treatment

4.5

on 7/21/2013 5:04:00 AM

I just finished doing the gentle exfolikate. If you could only see my skin. They said some redness is normal for the first 20min. It has been two hours and I look like I have a horrible sunburn. My cheeks, forehead, nose and chin are on fire! Do NOT use this product if you have extremely sensitive skin.

on 10/2/2012 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

My skin is very sensitive so I use this version of Kate's amazing exfoliator. However, for someone with sensitive skin, i must say I have tried the regular and it works just fine for sensitive skin. I actually prefer the original but I received the gentle version as a free gift off of the Kate Somerville site for buying Quench (horrible, horrible product). Once I finish this version I will probably go back to the other one. This one, however, is just fine as an exfoliator and does a great job in getting the dead skin off and revealing smoother skin. I use this once every 2 weeks, as I use a Clarisonic everyday and that does all the exfoliating I need in between those weeks. I would recommend this to anyone who has left over scars from acne and are looking to reveal their newer skin in a less cost effective way than say microdermabrasion.

on 8/14/2012 1:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I use this in combination with the original ExfoliKate. I like the fact this is $20.00 cheaper and I can use this more often without irritating my skin. I use the original occasionally on my jawline where I get more congestion and clogged pores. This has really made improvement on my skin along with using the Detox Cleanser and Goat Milk face cream.

on 9/10/2011 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This packs a one 2 punch..it has the exfoliating beads but it also has an enzyme component. It is gentle enough to use once a week ,but it does a great job. No break outs, you do not have to use a lot of product and the product is hygenic. I Have purchased this product over and over and will continue to do so.

on 4/30/2011 2:01:00 PM

This product is nothing short of amazing. I have a sample and will most likely repurchase unless I find something cheaper. The price is steep but as another reviewer mentioned it will last a LONG time - I have a tiny sample bottle and it has lasted a couple months. You only need a tiny amount and you will KNOW it is working because yes it burns but in that oh so good burn so you know that it's working way!! :D

on 4/18/2011 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff is amazing. I always hesistate to buy into product hype cause very often it is so disappointing. Not this time. I am glad I started with the gentle formula cause this stuff IS really effective. This gives me almost as good a result as that of a professional Chemical peel!
I only use this once every 10 days or so. I don't dare use it more often. I skip my clarisonic that evening and then follow with a REALLY good moisturizer. This can leave my skin feeling dry so I follow with a good moisturizer that evening and work a little more under foundation the following day. OMG...the results are just amazing. It has smoothed out my complexion so nicely! Less break outs, reduced some bumps I had, and has eliminated any roughl/dry patches. Oh...and my face is SOOO soft!
I've been getting compliments on how great my skin looks. 1st time ever! And I didnt have awful skin to begin with, this just improved it that much!
This IS pricey($65), but you need such a small amount for your face that it will last you a really long time. Maybe less than a pea size for your whole face. Right after your face will be a little red, but it fades. I didn't feel tingling with this and was concerned that it wasn't working...not the case. My skin must just be used to the acids. This will remain a staple item for me. Get a sample from Sephora before taking the plunge and you'll run back to the store to purchase!

* * Update 9/11/11* *
Ok, so a couple of months later I am realizing that although this give my skin a fabulous glow it actually gives me a few breakouts the very next day after using it. Although they are tiny...it's a deal breaker cause they take forever to go away.

on 3/2/2011 6:57:00 PM

Yes I would buy this again, again and again! I absolutely LOVE this product (and I actually like of like the stingy face feeling). It really gets all of the dead skin and makes my face glow because of the enzymes. Every time I use it I make sure to use I really good moisturizer before I sleep, because my skin needs that extra hydration. The next morning I have this amazing glow and I feel that I owe it too exfolikate (and also to using the Clarisonic sonic facial brush).
Any how, I love this product and encourage everyone to take a chance because it is WORTH IT and it is better than ANY exfoliator I have ever used.

on 2/2/2011 3:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

The idea of ExfoliKate scared me. That's the truth. With drier skin and skin that turns a bit red at the sign of any irritation, I did not want to try the regular version. I was then turned onto this while poking around Sephora. I have to say, I'm impressed.

Upon first application, my skin almost freaked out. It was a little harsh, but I pretty much figured that it would be bad. They tell you that you will turn red and it will fade. I almost threw in the towel when it took a good thirty minutes to go away. I was freaking out.

But I committed. I tried again. And now, after continuing to ExfoliKate every three days, I have noticed that the irritation has basically gone away and my skin is far better than it has been in quite some time. I really enjoy this product. I think for what you're getting, the price is justified. It is a steep investment, but I really notice results. That's something I can't say for a lot of products that I've tried.

So I stand to reason that it is worth the money, gives the results, and especially useful for people with skin that can become easily irritated by other exfoliating products.

Popular Treatments (Face)