July 23, 2014 | 1115 users online

Treatments (Face) - Kate Somerville - ExfoliKate Gentle Exfoliating Treatment

rated 1 of 5 on 7/21/2013 5:04:00 AM More reviews by debngpl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just finished doing the gentle exfolikate. If you could only see my skin. They said some redness is normal for the first 20min. It has been two hours and I look like I have a horrible sunburn. My cheeks, forehead, nose and chin are on fire! Do NOT use this product if you have extremely sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2012 5:02:00 PM More reviews by nikrou

My skin is very sensitive so I use this version of Kate's amazing exfoliator. However, for someone with sensitive skin, i must say I have tried the regular and it works just fine for sensitive skin. I actually prefer the original but I received the gentle version as a free gift off of the Kate Somerville site for buying Quench (horrible, horrible product). Once I finish this version I will probably go back to the other one. This one, however, is just fine as an exfoliator and does a great job in getting the dead skin off and revealing smoother skin. I use this once every 2 weeks, as I use a Clarisonic everyday and that does all the exfoliating I need in between those weeks. I would recommend this to anyone who has left over scars from acne and are looking to reveal their newer skin in a less cost effective way than say microdermabrasion.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2012 1:39:00 AM More reviews by pulidobl

I use this in combination with the original ExfoliKate. I like the fact this is $20.00 cheaper and I can use this more often without irritating my skin. I use the original occasionally on my jawline where I get more congestion and clogged pores. This has really made improvement on my skin along with using the Detox Cleanser and Goat Milk face cream.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2011 1:12:00 PM More reviews by rugby

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This packs a one 2 punch..it has the exfoliating beads but it also has an enzyme component. It is gentle enough to use once a week ,but it does a great job. No break outs, you do not have to use a lot of product and the product is hygenic. I Have purchased this product over and over and will continue to do so.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2011 2:01:00 PM More reviews by L_auber

This product is nothing short of amazing. I have a sample and will most likely repurchase unless I find something cheaper. The price is steep but as another reviewer mentioned it will last a LONG time - I have a tiny sample bottle and it has lasted a couple months. You only need a tiny amount and you will KNOW it is working because yes it burns but in that oh so good burn so you know that it's working way!! :D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2011 2:16:00 PM More reviews by ibraille

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This stuff is amazing. I always hesistate to buy into product hype cause very often it is so disappointing. Not this time. I am glad I started with the gentle formula cause this stuff IS really effective. This gives me almost as good a result as that of a professional Chemical peel!
I only use this once every 10 days or so. I don't dare use it more often. I skip my clarisonic that evening and then follow with a REALLY good moisturizer. This can leave my skin feeling dry so I follow with a good moisturizer that evening and work a little more under foundation the following day. OMG...the results are just amazing. It has smoothed out my complexion so nicely! Less break outs, reduced some bumps I had, and has eliminated any roughl/dry patches. Oh...and my face is SOOO soft!
I've been getting compliments on how great my skin looks. 1st time ever! And I didnt have awful skin to begin with, this just improved it that much!
This IS pricey($65), but you need such a small amount for your face that it will last you a really long time. Maybe less than a pea size for your whole face. Right after your face will be a little red, but it fades. I didn't feel tingling with this and was concerned that it wasn't working...not the case. My skin must just be used to the acids. This will remain a staple item for me. Get a sample from Sephora before taking the plunge and you'll run back to the store to purchase!

* * Update 9/11/11* *
Ok, so a couple of months later I am realizing that although this give my skin a fabulous glow it actually gives me a few breakouts the very next day after using it. Although they are tiny...it's a deal breaker cause they take forever to go away.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2011 6:57:00 PM More reviews by Dsuhrer

Yes I would buy this again, again and again! I absolutely LOVE this product (and I actually like of like the stingy face feeling). It really gets all of the dead skin and makes my face glow because of the enzymes. Every time I use it I make sure to use I really good moisturizer before I sleep, because my skin needs that extra hydration. The next morning I have this amazing glow and I feel that I owe it too exfolikate (and also to using the Clarisonic sonic facial brush).
Any how, I love this product and encourage everyone to take a chance because it is WORTH IT and it is better than ANY exfoliator I have ever used.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2011 3:10:00 AM More reviews by rebelprince

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The idea of ExfoliKate scared me. That's the truth. With drier skin and skin that turns a bit red at the sign of any irritation, I did not want to try the regular version. I was then turned onto this while poking around Sephora. I have to say, I'm impressed.

Upon first application, my skin almost freaked out. It was a little harsh, but I pretty much figured that it would be bad. They tell you that you will turn red and it will fade. I almost threw in the towel when it took a good thirty minutes to go away. I was freaking out.

But I committed. I tried again. And now, after continuing to ExfoliKate every three days, I have noticed that the irritation has basically gone away and my skin is far better than it has been in quite some time. I really enjoy this product. I think for what you're getting, the price is justified. It is a steep investment, but I really notice results. That's something I can't say for a lot of products that I've tried.

So I stand to reason that it is worth the money, gives the results, and especially useful for people with skin that can become easily irritated by other exfoliating products.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No