April 18, 2014 | 1787 users online

Blush - Tarte - Amazonian Clay Long-Wear Blush in Tipsy

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2014 8:53:00 PM More reviews by pink3rbellx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Trust the positive reviews. It's a great blush!
The Tarte blushes last all day (8+ hours) even on my oily skin that repels makeup like crazy - so I knew that wouldn't be a problem.
Oh, and I'm a shimmer-phobe so trust me when I say: there is shimmer in the pan but there was *no* visible shimmer on my cheeks. None. I wouldn't like this blush if there were.

So, the color I was nervous about. I was scared it might come off clownish or too obvious or just simply unnatural. I'm NC25 however, and this looks great. Applied lightly (and yes, apply it lightly because it is pigmented) it gives a flush that is really brightening and livening to the face (due to its coral hue). It's unique because it's a different kind of flush from, say, a redder blush where it's the "snow white" look, or pink where it's the "dolly" look. This blush isn't easy to explain but it really just livens up the face and does NOT come off looking red/"slap-face" because that's a problem/concern I always have with blush.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2014 1:52:00 AM More reviews by Makeupcrazed1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this blush! I have insanely sensitive and oily skin and this is amazing!! I'm an nc30 and I use this everyday over my josie maran matchmaker powder foundation and I have had no breakouts at all. It gives such a pretty color and it doesn't make my redness under my powder show more at all. I use my real techniques blush brush and you really have to build it on or else it can be too much. But I love this blush! Amazing and thinking of going to buy exposed.. Would definitely buy again and recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2014 12:37:00 PM More reviews by alina08

This blush just gives the most amazing flush of color to your face. It really brightens you up without looking clownish (although you have to have a light hand with this stuff). I love the packaging, portability, and longevity of this product. This one is a winner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2014 9:26:00 PM More reviews by underage

THE BEST BLUSH EVER! I cannot stress how much I love this blush. I used to be a blush addict and buy tons of blushes and wear a different one every day. Ever since I bought this one I have not reached for another color or bought another blush. It is a little expensive but SO worth it. The color stays put all day and I can wear it day or night. It has shimmer but you can't tell when you put it on. It's just the most beautiful coral/pink color. This blush does have a weird smell..kind of like moth balls but it only smells in the pan. I have fair skin but I think this would look good on any skin color. You must try this blush if you haven't found the perfect one yet!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2013 3:01:00 PM More reviews by korean

i love this color, reminds me a lot of deep throat by nars, but perhaps a bit more peach coral than pink. It is very pigmented, lasts about 8 hrs or so, no scent and no irritation on my skin. A little goes a long way. The case is a round orange plastic compact with a mirror, i like that it is easy to differentiate the colors with just a glance. i have light skin nc 20-25 and this blush goes well with my skin tone, not over the top. This was kinda expensive $26, but i like that it is more " natural" than my former favorite blush by NARs and i like that Tarte is paraben free.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2013 7:19:00 AM More reviews by wwerru

This blush I buyed at firstime a few weeks ago, and I can definitelly say YES, this is what I was looking for !! I really didnt hear anything about this blush before, I just saw some pictures on the internet and I very much liked the colour. So I decide to buy it. BUT this is very hard to buy, Iam from Czech Republic, and here it is it not available, so I must to buy it from EBAY and I have to pay shipping, so it is really expensive to buy this blush from Czech Republic. Neverthelles I buyed it and it was the best shop in this year :)
Before Tipsy I was using only BOURJOIS blushes - I like the package very much, smell and it is just perfect blush for me, BUT they dont have this coral-salmon color, what I wanted.
So now finally about the TIPSY :) Like I already told, the COLOUR is amazing!! Its pink-with little bit orange, it is really true coral-salmon pink :) and lasting is WOW! Its stay all day on me, really ! It dont have any smell, and it should be healthy for your skin, without
unhealthy ingredients. Packaging is cute, with small mirror inside, but what I miss is small brush, like is in Bourjois blushes.
Still it is my best beloved blush product, cause of the beautiful colour and long lasting.
I would rename this product instead of Amazonian on Amazing !! :)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2013 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Pink_Lotus

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

When I first saw it, I wasn't convinced it would look well on my NC45 coloring, but I was wrong. This color looks like a subtle matte orange, but not a garish flat orange. It adds a nice warmth to my complexion and enhances the yellow undertones in my skin rather than the olive. Nice color for yellow and warm undertones.

Many say it's very pigmented. On my coloring, it's not as pigmented as a NARS or Chanel blush, but it's good and buildable. The stay power is good. I would say it lasted a good 6 hours, but I have oily skin. To enhance the color and to prolong the staying power, also use NARS' multi-use cheek color stick in Puerto Vallarta - it's a pale golden tangerine color.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2013 7:20:00 PM More reviews by dianaisabel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ive had this blush for a while so I think I can give an accurate review. This blush is a peachy color on my skin tone. I am very yellow and for reference I am an NC35 in mac. If you have pink undertones this blush will be coral on you but if you are yellow than the orangey tone is going to come out more than the pink tone in this blush. This is very natural on me, I can wear this blush with ANY makeup look. I put on this blush when I don't know what else will work and this never fails me. The reason I took a lippie off is because I need to layer a lot of times to get this to show up on me. I know everyone is saying its very pigmented (which it is when I swatch it) but maybe it is the brush I'm using to apply, its very fluffy so I am going to try using a dense brush. This blush has shimmer to it but the shimmers are so tiny they are barely noticeable. Shows up matte on the cheeks. This lasted on me for 7 hours on the dot. I also have natural beauty blush from this line and that lasts 10 hours. Overrall I would recommend if you are looking for an everyday blush color that can suit any makeup look :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2013 1:21:00 AM More reviews by Brady0912

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

AMAZING!!!!!!! Gorgeous coral shade and soooo pigmented! Swatches in the store it's nothing special but on your face wow!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2013 6:17:00 AM More reviews by rayychell

This blush definitely looks quite bold in the compact and so I was a little scared when purchasing this. But once applied on my cheeks, it showed up in a pinkish color with orange undertones that is actually surprisingly flattering on my semi-pale Asian skin. It provides the perfect amount of glow without looking too heavy and makes me look more youthful and refreshed. Interestingly, I find it looks quite different on my face as compared to in the pan. It comes in a cute round plastic compact with a mirror inside. The packaging does look a little cheap, but it's sturdy as I have dropped it quite a few times and so far so good.
One must definitely be careful to not get too much of this blush onto your brush as it is quite pigmented and one false move and you'll be looking like Pikachu. I usually lightly pick up some powder, tap the compact for the loose ones to fall off, and then apply. I find that it works better if you apply this with two soft layers to get that perfect amount. It's decently easy to blend.
My only problems with this blush is that it feels a little chalky and not as silky as some other semi high-end blushes, but it's not that big of an issue. Also, I find that this sadly does not last 12 hours or nowhere as close, which is why I took a lippie off. The lasting power of this blush varies for me , but the most it ever lasts is 4-5 hours with the average being three, which I find a little disappointing.
I'm not sure if I would repurchase this as I doubt that I will hit pan, but if I lost this, I definitely would!