Milani Jewel FX Gems

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

on 2/2/2014 11:38:00 PM

Love these glitters. the formula is lovely and the brush is on the narrow side, but works perfectly with the polish. It's super easy to get a thin, even coat of polish with perfect glitter distribution. Glitters with tiny and medium glitter can be a pain, as many tend to dispense the tiny glitter easily, but pull the larger glitter off the nail as you brush it on, making it collect at the tips and be sparser at the base. These polishes don't do that. Due to the soft brush and thinner formula, you get nice, even coverage without any dabbing or pushing of the glitter around the nail. Dries to the touch fairly quickly and leaves an impressively smooth finish, considering it's a glitter, which is of course only enhanced by topcoat. Also stores very well. I've had my bottle (Lavender) for going on 3 years, and the consistency hasn't changed and application is just as great as the day I bought it. Definitely need to remember to pick up the rest of the colours.

on 12/22/2013 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Eh. Most glitter polishes are extremely hard to take off. Not this one, this literally peels off my nails and I've tried this now 3 times. I got the one in silver. Very chunky and goes on very sparse. I think I would like something with fine mixed together like Essie Set in Stones and something that lasts longer than a day.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Got the RED chunky (NOT the one with fine and chunky mixed together). At first I was really worried that even one coat would never dry. But with some OPI DRI DROPS, success! I have the glitziest nails for holidays (oh hello, Valentine's day, nice of you to approach)!

Hope the product wears well aka doesn't chip like mad.

Only downfall (IMO) is that the glitter is quite sparse, I've had to put on four coats. But hey, I'm blinging like no body's business for sure!

I LOVE these glitter nail polishes. It's not your average glitter, it's massive chunky glitters, seriously like little gems in every bottle!
As with any glitter polish, they can be a little difficult to work with and remove, but the outcome is just so gorgeous and eye-catching. I definitely want more of them. I can imagine layering different colors would just be so gorgeous!

on 1/24/2013 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Awesome glitter polish, I bought this because I didn't want to spend the $$$ on the Deborah Lippmann 'Happy Birthday' that everyone loves so much.

The best part of this polish is that it makes a great layering coat when sandwiched between two coats of jelly polish. I also wore this over black for NYE and it looked really cool.

People say it's difficult to remove, which it is if you don't know what you're doing. Either use the Elmer's glue base coat trick (if you don't know, Google it), or the foil method. Either way, taking off the polish only takes a few minutes.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Pretty and fun on its own, or on top of another shade. Milani n/p is inexpensive but I still wait for sales since I usually stock up. I like to see the glitter "gems" so it helps that the brush is on the smaller side and doesn't lay them all down at once. I would repurchase:)

on 4/29/2012 2:53:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I adore this nail polish! I believe it came out before Happy Birthday.. Though the two are very similar. I love how fast this dries (as with most glitters) it wears very well-I've had it on for 2weeks on my toes in the past. If you use 2 coats you will get nice coverage compared to other standard glitter polishes. Overall one of my favs, and one of two that I own a backup of..

on 4/29/2012 2:35:00 AM

As many others have said, this is a GOOD, CHEAP semi-dupe for Happy Birthday or Rainbow Connection. Mine was an impulse buy since it was the last one in stock, but I'm glad I found it and picked it up. No major issues with it-- it doesn't wear super long but I change out mani's constantly anyways.

on 3/28/2012 9:40:00 PM

I love glitter so I love this. I ALWAYS get compliments on my nails when I wear it. The only downfall is that it chips off in huge chunks shortly after applying it. I would still buy it again though, it is worth the constant reapplying.

on 3/23/2012 2:27:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I just bought this last night. I was looking at a blog for nail art and the blogger had glittered tips using a different dupe for DL's Happy Birthday. Apparently, there's a Wet N Wild dupe, but I couldn't find it at Target, luckily I saw Milani's version and I snagged it. For some reason it took me 15 minutes to open the bottle. I don't know if it was the glitter that makes the cap stick, but it was really hard to get it open! I used the color to create glittered tips and I used a dark base. It looks great.