September 19, 2014 | 1969 users online

Primer/ Corrector - NYX - HD Studio Photogenic Primer

rated 1 of 5 on 8/30/2014 5:38:00 AM More reviews by vintjus

This primer is a true disappointment. I've only used it once, and GOD! I look way way way to white! It so hard to blend! I will never, ever, buy this again. Also it got that strong scents that can be super annoying. There goes my money...hfff

rated 1 of 5 on 6/3/2014 1:42:00 PM More reviews by MarifreakinA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really think this stuff is just sunscreen in a Nyx bottle. It smells like sunscreen, it goes on like sunscreen, and it does the same thing to my face that sunscreen does. This doesn't help my makeup stay on at all, in fact it actually makes my skin more oily so my makeup comes off faster throughout the day. I bought this product because I thought this and the Nyx photo-loving primer were the same thing so I had no idea they were two different products. I keep giving this product a chance in different ways and every way I use it just doesn't deliver results. It's upsetting, oh well, it will teach me to save my receipts.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/12/2014 3:52:00 PM More reviews by dewieanggrainie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Pros:
- HD, good for you people who love to be photographed
- Makes your makeup stay longer
- Gives my NYX HD Foundation the nice airbrushed look

Cons:
- Doesn't help with oil control AT ALL
- Doesn't help minimizing pore size or hiding it AT ALL
- Doesn't help your make up from creasing

Will I buy it again? Definitely no, better use my money to try another product :(

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2014 2:53:00 PM More reviews by liloleme123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I want to start off with saying this is the first primer I have ever used, so I have nothing to compare it to. That being said, WOW HOLY FREAK! I can't believe I've waited this long to add this step to my routine. This is my second time wearing it, and so far, no breakouts (usually, it doesn't take much for my skin to freak out). I will edit this review if it does happen. I applied this product over pure argan oil, which is what I use as a moisturizer. It went on smoothly. I let it sit for a few minutes to dry. Then, I applied my foundation (Neutrogena Skin-Clearing Oil Free Foundation) and immediatly noticed a difference from using foundation alone. It is now an hour after lunch, and my face still looks as if I just applied my makeup. No greasy-looking shine or anything like that. The packaging is perfect. This product comes in an easy to use pump, which gives you control over how much comes out. I am in love. ♥

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 5:30:00 AM More reviews by Kalahlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this Primer , i wear it whenever i go out clubbing or partying , this primer is great it really pro longs my make Up . the Pros about this primer it makes your foundation NOT oxidize it really brings out the shade of your foundation , for those who have their perfect shade in Foundation this primer is perfect for you , when you first apply it the primers finish look on the face is kinda like a light white cast, something like the MILK OF MAGNESIA . When you add your foundation on ,the cast / white spots disappears and it gives you a beautiful air brushed look . It really makes your face looks smooth , and it looks good in pics as well . you don't need to use too much of this primer just like two pumps , it works for all skin types i am a combination normal to oily . the con about this product is if your foundation is not exactly a good match for your face you will be able to notice it and that's basically it , SHAKE BEFORE YOU USE , this is a water based primer so it doesn't break you out either :) , this foundation claims to give you a " duey airbrushed finish " however what i like about this primer is that it doesn't give much of a duey finish it just makes your foundation look like your skin ( Yes this also looks good on oily combination skin because it works for me ) , Oh and one more thing if you have serious under eye creasing use a different primer under your eye and then use this all over your face ( i have serious eye creasing, )

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2014 5:50:00 PM More reviews by NikkiBri88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

So, I have been wanting to try this for a while, but honestly thought it was a tad bit expensive for a drug store primer. Contradicting that statement, I bought L'oreal Miracle Blur after I talked myself out of buying this primer, which is about $20. ANYWAY, I got this as a Christmas gift, and was really excited to try it. I should probably try it again, but, the first time was a deal breaker for me. I wore a moisturizer under this (like I typically do any other day), and at first, it seemed okay. However, I have normal/dry skin, and this primer is very liquidy and almost runny like. I would prefer silicone based primers, because I feel like they stay in place and do exactly what it's meant to do. This primer.. I wouldn't even call it a primer. The consistency of this product is just too runny. After about I'd say two hours, it didn't hold my makeup in place at all. It started to make my face look very shiny, and greasy. Didn't even give it the "dewy, glowy" look. It was patchy. Now, I will say that I was not wearing a foundation on top, and I thought that could have been part of the problem (I was wearing a "tinted moisturizer", BB cream, whatever you'd like to call it). But, I wore a tinted moisturizer (same one) the very next day without this primer on, and my skin did not look patchy, nor did it look greasy. I only use a dime size (if that) of primers, so the amount that I had used had absolutely nothing to do with the appearance of the product on my face. I hate this product. Luckily, my friend got it from Nordstrom Rack, and I can exchange it out for something I do like. I love NYX in general; from the blushes, to the eyeshadows, jumbo pencils, lip liners, lipsticks, lipglosses, eyeshadow bases, etc. Definitely not worth the money, ESPECIALLY if you have oily skin. If any of you guys are willing to spend a little bit more and love the product: invest in L'oreal Miracle Blur. L'oreal Miracle Blur comes in an original version with 30 SPF (which I have), and a version that is oil free. Something a little cheaper that works better than this NYX product? Look into NYC primer. You can find it at almost every drug store, under $5, long lasting primer. I will say that it is a liquidy product, but NOT RUNNY. And, it does have shimmer particles in that. I don't mind it considering it highlights my face how I would with a highlighter anyway, so I like it :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2013 12:40:00 AM More reviews by mzjade22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I try my best to give my products a fair shot, and I LOVE Nyx, I have so many of their products. This primer is now in the garbage.
I normally use Victorias Secret Special FX primer, when I ran out of my 8th bottle of that, I decided to try this primer because I was already at Ulta, nowhere near a VS, and in dire need of primer. When I first tried this, I was shocked it actually dried white. Im NW 40/43, and yes this will leave a white cast, no matter how little you use. I tried to pawn this off on one of my pale skinned friends (NW15) and it dried too white for her. Think about that. Its like putting freakin white out on your skin. It doesnt smell bad, but it smells weird.
As far as performance, it worked, but not as well as the VS pro or even the 6$ elf primer I use when I just do concealer and powder. Since I rotate my primers, and am not typically acne prone, I didnt quite put it together that this is what was making me have a few more bumps than usual. The past 4 days I have been using only this primer and my face was cyst city. I didnt think it was that bad until my husband asked me if I was feeling ok because my skin was redder than usual and he noticed I was breaking out! I threw this away immediately, and ordered 2 of the VS primers so I never have to do this again. I didnt use it today and my skin looks 100% better. 15$ down the porcelain pee hole.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/23/2013 9:30:00 PM More reviews by SiteNo8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I did not like this. Not at all. It turned my skin into an oil slick and just made my skin feel icky. The 3 days I tried it I couldn't wait to get home to clean it off! It didn't hide my pores, and certainly didn't give me a matte complexion. I returned it. The pump container was nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2013 9:44:00 PM More reviews by LeneMUA

i love this primer. for the first time i use it already like it so much. it does holds, smoothen and it feels light. i think this is the best primer that i ever use. highly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2013 4:34:00 AM More reviews by hannahgball

When I first used this product I thought that it was probably a waste of money as I failed to see any improvement in my makeup or priming properties that it performed.

However, now I am quite happy with the product. My main reason for giving 4 lippies a due to the fact that it makes my foundation last so much longer! I noticed this when I haven't washed my makeup off at night and I've woken up several times and my makeup has been as good as new. So much so that people have even commented.

The product itself is white and when applied there is a white cast left on the face - but once your foundation is applied there is not discoloration at all! I'm unsure If whether the whiteness would disappear if you waited long enough as I haven't waited long enough to test this as it doesn't bother me. The product is very lightweight and you don't feel like there is a lot of product sitting on your face.

I haven't necessarily noticed any improvement in appearance as other reviewers have said. And I don't think it makes foundation apply any easier.

I haven't really tested out the HD photogenic properties but when I have taken photos my foundation seems to look nice. But I'm not sure if this is due to the primer or just the foundation itself.

I brought this off cherry culture for 14.99 Australian dollars and I'm not sure i would repurchase it again. Especially as this a quite expensive product for a drugstore brand. The product is fairly good and I continue to use it but I feel that I could probably save my money and try out something that is known to be really good, like benefit porefessional. This was the first primer I have bought and I therefore I have nothing to compare it to. But I do recommend this product for people looking for something fairly cheap and want something to improve the longevity of their makup.