April 17, 2014 | 1873 users online

Primer/ Corrector - NYX - HD Studio Photogenic Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 5:30:00 AM More reviews by Kalahlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this Primer , i wear it whenever i go out , this primer is great the Pros about this primer is that it really brings out the shade of your foundation , for those who have their perfect shade in Foundation this primer is perfect for you , when you first apply it the primers finsh look on the face is kinda like a light white cast, something like the milk of magnesia . and then when you add your foundation on it disappears and gives you a beautiful air brushed look . and it really makes your face looks smooth . and it looks good in pics as well . you dont need to use too much of this primer just like two pumps , it works for all skin types i am a combination normal to oily . the con about this product is if your foundation is not exactly a good match for your face you will be able to notice it and thats it , SHAKE BEFORE YOU USE , this is a water based primer so it doesnt break you out either :) ,

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2014 5:50:00 PM More reviews by NikkiBri88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

So, I have been wanting to try this for a while, but honestly thought it was a tad bit expensive for a drug store primer. Contradicting that statement, I bought L'oreal Miracle Blur after I talked myself out of buying this primer, which is about $20. ANYWAY, I got this as a Christmas gift, and was really excited to try it. I should probably try it again, but, the first time was a deal breaker for me. I wore a moisturizer under this (like I typically do any other day), and at first, it seemed okay. However, I have normal/dry skin, and this primer is very liquidy and almost runny like. I would prefer silicone based primers, because I feel like they stay in place and do exactly what it's meant to do. This primer.. I wouldn't even call it a primer. The consistency of this product is just too runny. After about I'd say two hours, it didn't hold my makeup in place at all. It started to make my face look very shiny, and greasy. Didn't even give it the "dewy, glowy" look. It was patchy. Now, I will say that I was not wearing a foundation on top, and I thought that could have been part of the problem (I was wearing a "tinted moisturizer", BB cream, whatever you'd like to call it). But, I wore a tinted moisturizer (same one) the very next day without this primer on, and my skin did not look patchy, nor did it look greasy. I only use a dime size (if that) of primers, so the amount that I had used had absolutely nothing to do with the appearance of the product on my face. I hate this product. Luckily, my friend got it from Nordstrom Rack, and I can exchange it out for something I do like. I love NYX in general; from the blushes, to the eyeshadows, jumbo pencils, lip liners, lipsticks, lipglosses, eyeshadow bases, etc. Definitely not worth the money, ESPECIALLY if you have oily skin. If any of you guys are willing to spend a little bit more and love the product: invest in L'oreal Miracle Blur. L'oreal Miracle Blur comes in an original version with 30 SPF (which I have), and a version that is oil free. Something a little cheaper that works better than this NYX product? Look into NYC primer. You can find it at almost every drug store, under $5, long lasting primer. I will say that it is a liquidy product, but NOT RUNNY. And, it does have shimmer particles in that. I don't mind it considering it highlights my face how I would with a highlighter anyway, so I like it :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2013 12:40:00 AM More reviews by mzjade22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I try my best to give my products a fair shot, and I LOVE Nyx, I have so many of their products. This primer is now in the garbage.
I normally use Victorias Secret Special FX primer, when I ran out of my 8th bottle of that, I decided to try this primer because I was already at Ulta, nowhere near a VS, and in dire need of primer. When I first tried this, I was shocked it actually dried white. Im NW 40/43, and yes this will leave a white cast, no matter how little you use. I tried to pawn this off on one of my pale skinned friends (NW15) and it dried too white for her. Think about that. Its like putting freakin white out on your skin. It doesnt smell bad, but it smells weird.
As far as performance, it worked, but not as well as the VS pro or even the 6$ elf primer I use when I just do concealer and powder. Since I rotate my primers, and am not typically acne prone, I didnt quite put it together that this is what was making me have a few more bumps than usual. The past 4 days I have been using only this primer and my face was cyst city. I didnt think it was that bad until my husband asked me if I was feeling ok because my skin was redder than usual and he noticed I was breaking out! I threw this away immediately, and ordered 2 of the VS primers so I never have to do this again. I didnt use it today and my skin looks 100% better. 15$ down the porcelain pee hole.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/23/2013 9:30:00 PM More reviews by SiteNo8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I did not like this. Not at all. It turned my skin into an oil slick and just made my skin feel icky. The 3 days I tried it I couldn't wait to get home to clean it off! It didn't hide my pores, and certainly didn't give me a matte complexion. I returned it. The pump container was nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2013 9:44:00 PM More reviews by LeneMUA

i love this primer. for the first time i use it already like it so much. it does holds, smoothen and it feels light. i think this is the best primer that i ever use. highly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2013 4:34:00 AM More reviews by hannahgball

When I first used this product I thought that it was probably a waste of money as I failed to see any improvement in my makeup or priming properties that it performed.

However, now I am quite happy with the product. My main reason for giving 4 lippies a due to the fact that it makes my foundation last so much longer! I noticed this when I haven't washed my makeup off at night and I've woken up several times and my makeup has been as good as new. So much so that people have even commented.

The product itself is white and when applied there is a white cast left on the face - but once your foundation is applied there is not discoloration at all! I'm unsure If whether the whiteness would disappear if you waited long enough as I haven't waited long enough to test this as it doesn't bother me. The product is very lightweight and you don't feel like there is a lot of product sitting on your face.

I haven't necessarily noticed any improvement in appearance as other reviewers have said. And I don't think it makes foundation apply any easier.

I haven't really tested out the HD photogenic properties but when I have taken photos my foundation seems to look nice. But I'm not sure if this is due to the primer or just the foundation itself.

I brought this off cherry culture for 14.99 Australian dollars and I'm not sure i would repurchase it again. Especially as this a quite expensive product for a drugstore brand. The product is fairly good and I continue to use it but I feel that I could probably save my money and try out something that is known to be really good, like benefit porefessional. This was the first primer I have bought and I therefore I have nothing to compare it to. But I do recommend this product for people looking for something fairly cheap and want something to improve the longevity of their makup.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2013 9:31:00 AM More reviews by JteresaM

This primer unfortunately didn't do much for my skin. The only positive thing I noticed it did was minimize my appearance of pores. I have oily skin and yeah after I applied it I had a nice application of my foundation but a hour later or so I went back to being oily.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2013 10:27:00 PM More reviews by Embeth3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a pretty good primer for the price you pay but it's not perfect.
I don't give a crap about supposed "HD" products and whatever benefits they claim to have but it IS a decent primer that helps your foundation or base last extremely well. It tends to reduce oiliness on my forehead and nose for a good couple of hours longer than normal as well, which as also a bonus. I think I paid less than $10 during a Cherry Culture sale, so I was very happy with the price and I'm actually pretty happy with the way it performs but there are a few negatives.
The packaging is OK, a nice tidy white pump dispenser with a black cap - mine is loose and tends to pop off if I pick it up by the lid so that is a minor annoyance. It's a good size, not too bulky but I do wish they hadn't ruined the sleekness of it by slapping a thick, ratty looking sticker off centre on the lid, which just looks cheap and tacky. It only comes in one shade, so I'm not sure why they felt the need to add a papery sticky tab with some indeceipherable coding on the lid instead of putting it on the base or just printing on the body of the tube.
And the pump - dispenses way too much product! This is one of those products where less is more, seriously, you do not need a whole pump (or more) to cover your face adequately. The product itself is a slightly runny bluish white fluid so if you're used to gel or heavy silicone primers, this might take some getting used to. I probably use about half a pump a time, so it will be very economical with continued use but if you get a bit trigger happy and you're having to waste product for any reason, well, that's never a good thing. It smells a bit weird too, a little like paint thinner or something chemically, but it's not great. You don't notice it once it dries and it doesn't irritate my skin or cause breakouts so it's not a major flaw.
It spreads over skin easily and sets reasonably quickly, so I tend to do one cheek and blend up to temple and down to my jawline, then the other, followed by forehead, nose and chin. Can't say that it makes me look completely airbrushed or does a super job minimising pores but it does make my makeup look nicer and last longer so I'm happy with that. The only reason I wouldn't purchase this agan is because Anna Sui primer is my HG but it's super expensive (and has less product volume than this) so this is a really decent primer for an affordable price that perfoms fairly well - you could do worse!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2013 7:58:00 PM More reviews by BrizzyB

I have combination/acne prone skin... Really does a good job at making my pores look way smaller! But, I do not believe this is for Dry skin, it makes dry spots look worse!.. Would be perfect for oily skin type... Will not repurchase to Drying on my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2013 10:04:00 AM More reviews by EmzyG

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Read my full review here - http://emzyg.blogspot.co.uk/

I love using this primer for many many reasons. As well as evening my skin tone, it undeniably fills my pores and fine lines (I have too many for a 24 year old.)

It makes my skin look fresh and feel soft, without feeling and looking oily

It DOES make my make up last all day

And I feel it helps the overall quality of my skin.

As it is a ‘Photogenic’ product, I am always taking an extra close look at pictures of myself. I have found that they do look much more floorless and natural. I will say however, that this is providing you don’t use too much of the primer. If you use too much your face will reflect any flash used, and you can become a little washed out. One pump of this product should be enough… and all that means is it will last longer and you will get your money’s worth from it.

I always use to believe that primers were useless, greasy horrible products. NYX have proved me wrong. I now believe I am loyal to this product, as I find it difficult to leave the house without wearing it.

It is simple to apply. I just use my finger over my T-Zone and the buff it in using a kabuki brush.

So, if you are looking for a new easy to use primer, that does what it says on the tin, I would certainly recommend this one.

I hope this helped.