July 30, 2014 | 1773 users online

Sunscreen - Biore - UV Aqua Rich Watery Mousse SPF 50+

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 10:11:00 AM More reviews by karissav

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Holy grail product! No other sunscreen has worked better for me. It's light, it doesn't smell harsh, it's perfect under makeup and it doesn't make my skin look oily even under extreme temperatures as I live in a tropical country. Consistency is great and it spreads evenly without leaving clumpy residue. I also noticed that my skin is able to breathe through the product, unlike other sunscreens which feel very heavy.

My mom and I used this once on a 4-hour summer hiking trip and was fully protected (we applied it thrice--before the trip, midway and before our descent), our skin tone only reddened but we didn't experience sunburns or tanning. I have been using this for around 3 years now and I am planning to use this forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 4:04:00 AM More reviews by jonny4

Not as light as Watery Essence but lighter than most of the other sunscreen in the market. absorbs in seconds and leaves your skin decently hydrated. This sunscreen IMHO offers better protection than Watery Essence mainly because it contains a physical blocker and it does hold up against water, sweat n sebum even though it isn't listed as resistant to any of those 3 things. However I must stress that this sunscreen won't be suited for outdoor activities like hiking or swimming.

My main gripe about this sunscreen is the rusty metallic smell it produces whenever my face is exposed to sun n heat with this sunscreen on. I'm assuming the smell comes from the Titanium Oxide. Hopefully I will get used to this smell.

A cleansing oil is needed to remove this sunscreen completely.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/23/2013 11:41:00 AM More reviews by Lovemygold2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Price is good
Packaging good
Texture lovely
Scent pleasant
Effect not so great...left a white cast on my skin. Making me look as if I had been rubbing myself with chalk. I used a tiny amount and it still did it. Luckily I purchased another Biore sunscreen which is perfect.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2013 10:52:00 PM More reviews by humps

I simply love the texture and the feel of this cream on my face. So crazy that I bought a few at one go after trying out the very first tube. About two months of usage, I realized my three small freckles on my cheekbone got significantly darker. Though, it is stated SPF50 PA+++, I am still very doubtful about its protection. What a pity for such a nice texture sunblock.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2013 4:53:00 PM More reviews by nanamoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I first started using this product, I really liked it. I still like it, in fact, but I've since found a better (slightly more expensive) alternative.

My favorite thing is that this product is very light, not at all greasy, like products I had tried before.

The one thing that bothered me was that it does tend to leave a white-ish/grey-ish cast to your skin upon application. It's not too bad, since I use the product pretty sparingly. Back when I was pale, it wasn't a problem at all, but after getting much more tanned while on vacation, it became more noticeable D:
Also, I did find that the product could be a little hard to spread.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2012 9:26:00 AM More reviews by maliciousdelicious

This is the second day I am using this. The first day I applied it quite generously and was disappointed to see a distinct white cast on my brown skin. Today I applied about half the amount and it's much better. It's not oily at all and yet doesn't seem to be blocking my pores unlike other mattifying products which is amazing. But now that I've cut down the quantity I'm not sure I'm using enough. However, since I am less prone to burning and the SPF is 50, I may still be OK. I removed it last night with my Clarisonic so it was fine. I'm going to try it with regular face wash today as some people have complained that it doesn't come off cleanly.

The best thing about this is that it's not greasy at all and I literally have the oiliest skin in the WORLD. There is not much product in the tube but if I continue to use the current amount daily and only on my face (I have a lotion for the rest of my body), it should last me at least 3-4 months.

I will add another update if this causes me to break out but so far its working for me. I'm going to try the Face Milk from Biore as well.

3 weeks later: This has caused me to break out quite badly on the cheeks, though in all fairness, my cheeks already had blackheads which have now broken out into pimples - perhaps an inevitable fact. I don't believe this is non-comodogenic and I now only use it on my "safer" areas like forehead and nose. My very sensitive chin area also became inflamed after using but I applied my Luxe dry oil just once and it was OK.

2 months later: I only use this on my cheeks and forehead and that works much better. I use DHC Cleansing Oil to remove as it's quite stubborn. While I'm happy to use it on my less acne prone areas, there are some things that still bother me - the white cast is different to blend off and sometimes I even find white powdery patches of the sunscreen collecting after a few hours. If I could afford to use Chanel UV Essentiel all over my face, I would, otherwise, this is not a bad option. I will try some others like the L'Oreal and Peter Thomas Roth before I decide to purchase another tube.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2012 8:57:00 AM More reviews by mandity

This doesn't work for me. Its texture is blendable and and it doesn't give me an oily finish but it breaks me out every single time I use it under makeup or with no makeup on. I read very good reviews on this but sadly I'm not going to repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2011 1:05:00 AM More reviews by Strikingreality

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Like most of the other reviewers, I love this product. I love how light it feels on my skin. It applies with the slight cooling effect, then dries off completely without any stickiness! Perfect. My skin feels as though I am not wearing anything, unlike some other sunblock where you feel as though you have a "film" of protection. I didn't experience any white cast with this as well. I stocked up on this when I was in Japan, and I will be buying more of this. I am also looking forward to trying the Watery essence as well, which I understand dries down with the same finish as the mousse!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2011 9:29:00 AM More reviews by bratirella

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE this sunscreen. It's perfect for those hot humid summer days because of its light featherweight texture. I've tried all kinds of sunscreens - Kanebo, Kiss Me, Sunplay, etc - all which promise a light sheer finish but nothing can compare with this mousse. I am so SOLD on this product that I bought 3 tubes just to be sure I don't run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2011 10:26:00 PM More reviews by lwsege

I'm so glad to have this since I can use this daily and regardless of the amount I'm gonna used. To my knowledge, we need to apply a sufficient amount of sunscreen in order to achieve the so-called SPF50 protection scheme. And it is often too oily or too thick when you are trying to put more sunscreen all over the face. This product WOULDN'T!!! I apply generously over my face and the cooling effect make me so fresh and delight because here in Malaysia is superb hot. The downside is you gonna make sure the moisturizer you apply beforehand is fully absorbed otherwise they will be some white residue comes out when you apply this. Takes time to get them fully covered and absorbed but WORTH IT! Definitely repurchase item!