October 23, 2014 | 1167 users online

Lipstick - Bobbi Brown - Lip Color - Pink Mauve 49

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2013 6:09:00 PM More reviews by DENF

This is a cool medium rose that is just a bit bright. It looks fine against my neutral light complexion but it reads a bit too raspberry for my taste. This type of color tends to go fuchsia on me, but this one stays true. The formula goes on pleasantly moist but dries out about half an hour after application.

I'm puzzled at people describing this as warm or brown. Perhaps the product changes color with age or there is some weird chemical reaction going on with their skin chemistry.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2013 6:59:00 AM More reviews by sasie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I would have imagined that a lipstick called Pink Mauve would be at least neutral, if not downright cool, but unfortunately its not. Against my ppp skin it has a slightly rosy, brownish cast-not at all flattering. I didn't like the texture, it dragged slightly on application and I found it very drying. To make matters worse, I've just dug it out of my drawer to check the colour, to find its developed a horrible rancid smell/taste (like Stila lippies used to get).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2013 7:57:00 PM More reviews by Sunnydelite62901

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

this is a great everyday color for my NC40-42 skin tone, also BB warm natural. I wear it with a dolly mix Mac blush or a little bit of BB Maui Bronzer
lined with pink mauve lipliner. very nice.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2013 6:07:00 PM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

It works with my skintone, but....it doesn't translate pink nor mauve when I look in the mirror - it's more like a "toast" or "raisin" shade - plum-brown or spiced cider. In any case, I find it looks aging on me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2012 2:54:00 PM More reviews by CharismaSL

I was looking for a lip colour for the fall i.e. a nice rich, dark plummy/red/brown lipstick, and i thought Blue Raspberry Creamy lipstick would be it, but that just fell flat on me. It did not brigten up my look. The very nice SA then recommended Pink Mauve #49 and wham! that instant brigtening of the face! I really love this colour. I especially love the fact that I don't have to wear any lipgloss on top to alter the colour in order to make it work for me. Most dark lipsticks don't work on me on its own and I need to apply a lipgloss on top to enhance the colour, but not this. Its perfect! It lasts a long time and it feels very comfortable on my lips. Very creamy application/texture too. I tend to wear it with purple e/s or even Bobbi Brown's Cement e/s, with a nice plummy blush like the Bobbi Brown's limited edition Pink Truffle Lip & Cheek. I am loving this look for the fall.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2012 10:31:00 AM More reviews by sbieniek

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Because the Estee Lauder companies are now selling in China they have to conduct animal testing which I am totally against. I have to find a similar lipstick in texture (semi-mat) and color to Bobbi Brown's Pink Mauve which I have used for at least seven years. Does anyone have a recommendation?

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2011 4:50:00 PM More reviews by DottySarah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

NC42 MAC/ Honey in Bobbi Brown Indian Asian skin.

A regular pink which cannot go wrong with people my skin colour (as above). Staying power 4-5 hours, and makes me look fresh. Keeper in handbag.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2011 7:31:00 PM More reviews by magicloop2009

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

My favorite color to this brand. The shade lasts for many hours.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2011 1:11:00 AM More reviews by colfaxt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I agree this is similar to Blue Raspberry Creamy lipstick, this is a little more deep but on me its better and longer lasting. Kinda a deep pinkish berry, but on my nc25 skin its more plum berry. Recommend for an everyday wear, not sure about night time, not very bright. I can see using this a couple times a week.

This is for the new version Pink mauve 49 same number used to just be "Mauve"