September 1, 2014 | 1088 users online

Lip Treatments - Cover Girl - Natureluxe Gloss Balm in Clove

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 1:02:00 PM More reviews by MrMontyBurns

Lovely sheer rosy-brown, not overly shimmery, decently moisturizing, and can be applied without a mirror. SPF is a plus. I love this, and will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2012 11:07:00 PM More reviews by lipgloss09junkie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is one of the best tinted lipbalms I've tried. (I have tried every single one out there!) AND it has SPF = love. The color clove is my favorite colors from all the rest. It is earthy browny/mauve (My favorite lip color) it can though sometimes look too dark so be careful you don't put too many layers on. It is moisturizing and sometimes you may be caught with an old product and if so it will be gritty. It's usually not gritty and you can buy them on sale.
The lip product like all, needs to be applied around every hour. When you eat/drink you do need to reapply. It's not EXTREMELY moisturizing but it moisturizes fairly well. Just make sure the color stays even (because when I wear it it sometimes fades from the inner part of my mouth) Perhaps liner will make it better? Also with constant use, a tube will last only two weeks....That's not too good. It's a convenient and thin tube which is awesome but perhaps a little more product. Don't be too cheap covergirl. It's a pretty natural unique shade that many people seem to be looking for so for those people I would suggest you try it out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2012 2:37:00 PM More reviews by Muriel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love the color! It's a rosy-brown, very pretty, a little deeper than my natural lip color, so it's perfect for everyday. It feels smooth & moisturizing going on. That doesn't last though, it actually gets a little gritty & drying as time goes on, and I think it's because the formula 'sits' on your lips rather than sink in and become one with them.
Great color, but I won't repurchase due to the aspect mentioned above.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2012 1:27:00 PM More reviews by seroled

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I got these on a bogo with cvs ecbs and a manufacturers coupon, so I got 2 for around $3. I have been using clove. It is the darkest color they have. It is a reddish brown. It is very moisturizing and does have pigmentation to it. It doesn't last long, so you have to reapply several times during the day. I don't like the packaging. It is on a slant and there's a lot left in the container once you can't apply like a lipstick. I am currently using it with a lipbrush and will probably finish in about 2 weeks. I like it but not enough to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2011 1:03:00 PM More reviews by floridamuaer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I use several of the CG NatureLuxe balms and I love them all. My lips are always very dry and these balms moisturize and have great lasting power.

Clove is one of my favorites, a nice sheer brown, perfect for fall!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2011 11:47:00 AM More reviews by questionable

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I was looking for a cheaper version of an old Lancome sheer lipstick called Discrete. This is similar although more brown than orange tones. Very flattering on my yellow undertone skin. I am tempted to try the other colors when there is a sale at RiteAid or CVS because I'll be able to return them if I don't like them.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2011 10:06:00 PM More reviews by Banjos

Knowing a balm is usually between a gloss and a lipstick, I purchased the darkest color Clove because I wanted pigmentation. Although the color looks brown in the tube, it goes on more warm, beige mauve. It does add noticeable color and feels moderately moisturizing but not shiny or runny. It contains 15SPF. I think at $7 it is a little pricey for a lip balm. I like it but it is not special enough to purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2011 5:05:00 AM More reviews by byzantium

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This neutral pinkish brown is a great daytime color for my dark (NC45) skin. I love that it has just a hint of shimmer and isn't high-gloss. It also smells great and moisturizes well -- it's a good product for someone who wants one-step on-the-go sheer colour.

Another reviewer compared this to Clinique's venerable Almost Lipstick in Black Honey, and they're right on target with that. They're both shades that look awful in the tube, but are actually understatedly pretty and wearable on a variety of complexions.

My only grip with this -- much like Black Honey -- is that there's not a whole lot of product in the tube. At this price, though, it's not a huge problem.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2011 9:00:00 PM More reviews by kahou79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had some really good coupons so I was able to get a couple of these for $1 each. I would never have picked up clove if it wouldn't have been for reviews on here because in the tube it looks like a yucky brown. On the lips it turns into a neutral rosy, brown that is very nice and I can see me reaching for this one alot for I have nothing else like it. If I can get another good deal on these I will definitely rebuy. Nice!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2011 10:08:00 PM More reviews by snow7kids

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love it!!!! I want to buy a bunch and keep in different places. Has the ease of a balm and the color payoff of a lipstick...LOVE the color. It's so hard for me to find a color/formulation that I am happy with and goes with everything. Not sure if I am willing to risk trying the other colors...this one is so perfect.

Edit: I took off a lippie...I do love the color but it really comes off quickly and for that I won't purchase again....great color but that's it.