Ecotools Bamboo Kabuki

3.9

on 8/26/2012 5:16:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I was in need of a new brush, and I am glad I went with this one. For the price you can't beat it. Its a steal compared to the expensive brushes on the market. This is my favorite brush. It works great with my powder and applies it easily and evenly. I feel like it give my skin a flawless finish. I don't feel like I am ever packing too much powder on with this brush. Its amazing and I fell in love the first time I tried it. I am very pleased and unless they take it off the shelves...eco tools will be the only brush line that touches my face.

(2015) Update.. After 3 years of using the same exact brush, it still works like a dream. I clean it with baby shampoo and its as good as new! The brush is still soft & works great! LOVE!!!

on 3/19/2012 11:36:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this brush. It is so soft, I want to sit and stroke it. It does such a great job at applying blushers and powder highlighters. Considering investing in another couple to use for bronzer and maybe liquid foundation - though I think the finish might be too heavy using this brush. Yest to be disappointed with an Ecotools brush.

I don't get why this only has 8 reviews!!! People don't really know what to use this brush for... Its for setting your makeup with a loose or pressed powder. Its a duo-fiber kabuki brush. Its good for pressed powders and loose powders to apply an even amount on your face. And you can buff it in to your skin too! This brush is a big part of my foundation routine.

on 10/1/2011 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Useless for applying finishing/pressed powders, and just *ok* at buffing blush so there isn't an obvious streak. Even though I have long skinny fingers the handle is tiny and difficult to manipulate. Glad I got this in a swap as I wouldn't have bought it, and will save up for both a quality desk and travel kabuki.

on 9/1/2011 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This kabuki brush is very soft but less dense than most kabuki brushes. It is also smaller in size and the handle is too small for people to grip on. This also makes washing your brushes difficult not to get water in the ferrel.

on 8/25/2011 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I use this as a stippling brush to apply my liquid foundation and it works beautifully. Gives me an airbrushed finish and it is soft and very easy to work with. It takes half the time to apply my foundation with this than with fingers. The only complaint, it is a bit too big for small areas application.

on 4/21/2011 11:32:00 PM

At first I wasn't exactly sure what to use this brush for as there are long bristles protruding from densely packed ones. So it's like the stippling brush's weird cousin.

However, I did REALLY like this brush for buffing my foundation for a more natural finish. I also use this for translucent powder/highlighter but again, PERFECT for buffing your foundation for a more natural look.

on 2/27/2011 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I use this brush as a stippling brush, as it had duo fibers. I dont know why they call it kabuki as it isn't dense just like what one reviewer said. So far it does a good job when I use it to apply liquid foundation, the bristles are soft and they dont shed at all. Ive washed this twice with a liquid soap and it hasnt fallen apart. Ive been looking for a good stippling brush and this one I really recommend :) Its cheap and eco friendly.

I haven't used this with a powder foundation, I might try that out and see how it would work. I'm also thinking this might be good in applying highlighters as it doesnt pick up a lot of product. :)

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is a "finishing" kabuki and not intended for applying coverage/foundation as this is not dense. If you are looking for a kabuki to apply mmu/powders for coverage than I recommend the EcoTools Retractable Kabuki due to being more dense. With that said, it does a good job w/ powder highlighters and bronzers. This is a two toned brush reminds me of a skunk. This is very wash friendly. I use baby shampoo and I had no problems with the brush falling apart. The bristles are super soft and the handle is rather long for a kabuki. This brush has a nice flat bottom and stands nicely on my vanity.

This sad little buki now sits unloved in my brush collection. It has no real density and so serves no real purpose imo except to sweep away any fallout under my eyes. It is two toned, as in dark fibers and then lighter fibers almost like a skunk brush. Because the handle is "pressed together" pieces of bamboo I am quite afraid to wash it, as it might seperate the bits of the handle. I'm giveing it one lippie for the comfort of the handle and one lippie for being soft. Other then that I was unimpressed by this brush. I usually love ecotools brushes but the last few purchases have been somewhat of a let down. WOuld not repurchase.

Top Rated Ecotools Products