Josie Maran Cosmetics Matchmaker

3.4

Coconut Alkanes**, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice**, Butylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide**, Polymethylsilsesqui- oxane, Polysilicone-11, Cetyl Peg/ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Octyldodecanol, Peg/ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Quaternium-90 Bentonite, Polymethylsilsesquioxane/ benzimidazole /diamond Copolymer, Soy Lecithin**,Argania Spinosa Kernal (Argan) Oil*, Natural Fragrance*, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate*, Propylene Carbonate, C18-36, Acid Triglyceride, Mica, Polysorbate 20, Silica Dimethicone Silylate**, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Potassium Sorbate**, Silica**, Sodium Carboxymethylcelluose, Peg-200, Hexylene Glycol, Polyester-1, Decyl Glucoside, Iron Oxides (C.I. 77491)**, Iron Oxides (C.I. 77492)**, Iron Oxides (C.I. 77499)**. *ORGANIC **NATURAL *Certified Organic Ingredient **Natural Ingredient

on 2/22/2015 2:04:00 PM

For something infused with argan oil, this foundation doesn't feel all that heavy as long as it's applied sparingly. It is lighter in cream consistency than Josie Maran's Argan Tinted Moisturizer SPF30 but I feel like it takes a longer time to dry than the aforementioned product. When it does dry, it does build up for medium coverage. Since it is infused with oil, I like to set it with powder, otherwise it feels like it will slide around on my naturally oily skin. Despite oil-on-oil, as long as this is set with powder I won't oil up until after the 5th or 6th hour, and it's only on the T-zone.

I wore the shade Light/Medium, which oxidizes quickly into a warm, slightly orange tone. I am matched to NC25 in MAC FF, so Light/Medium is fine and the orange can be toned down with a more neutral setting powder.

Overall, this is an OK foundation; the pump bottle is a small understatement and the wear time and weight is OK for someone with oily skin (though I think normal and dry types will love it; this isn't intended for oil control so no surprise there). The color matching isn't perfect since I'm more yellow than orange-toned, so it's a little work for me to readjust the tone with powder. I prefer the Argan Tinted Moisturizer for this color-matching reason since Butter/Light 2 in that product is a better color match for me despite being a little more sheer, and that product has SPF in it, which is a plus! Again, the Argan Matchmaker Foundation is OK, but there are better face products out there.

on 2/20/2015 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a very nice foundation but it's not medium coverage by any means. This is a light coverage foundation that just looks very dewy and nice. It didn't break down on me or look cakey at all. It feels like a serum going on.

This felt good for my skin and didn't feel like foundation. It does self-adjust but I am not sure if its actually adjusting or just turning the color its made to turn. On my hand is turned lighter than it did on my face.

on 2/8/2015 8:26:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I like this product. It is a gorgeous foundation, but there are some tricks... This is not buildable, so don't try to layer for coverage. Moisturize, or this will dry your skin. It looks like skin, so don't use this if you are hoping for cake face. I got many compliments on this foundation. The light/medium matches my fair olive complexion pretty well (this is a very difficult thing to do!), and is a great option for every-day makeup.

on 2/4/2015 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I LOVE the texture of this makeup...it makes my skin perk up instantly and I look airbrushed. I thought this would be greasy (argan oil...) so I'd never have tried this if I hadn't gotten a random sample. This is the perfect "running-out-the-door-and-must-not-scare-anyone" product. This works over sunscreen, but it's better without it, unless the sunscreen is completely absorbed before application. One thing that's especially nice is that I can put this on at any time of day, over anything else that's absorbed into my face, and I look better immediately. And the color is a really good match. The only problem is the Light/Medium gets lighter as the day goes by and by 3:00 it looks like obvious bad foundation (but if I reapply or add a little bronzer, it's fine). This only happens when the foundation is applied over non-chemical sunscreen, though, so I blame the zinc, not the foundation. So far the foundation gworks over Clinique Even Better lotion, which has non-physical sunscreen. Matchmaker does incredible things for my neck, too. Next time I purchase it I will get Medium/Dark, because I think it will hold its color match better on my NC35 skin.

on 1/17/2015 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is my "no makeup day" foundation. I feel its more of a highly tinted moisturizer. This will not cover blemishes, but easily evens out complexions. Must use a separate concealer for under eyes and blemishes if I'm looking for flawless finish.

First I am totally on the OIL for hair and skin care wagon. I swear by JMC argan oil. So I wanted something that I can slap on my face along with some mascara and lip balm: aka my "no makeup face".

First this stuff comes out white with little dark spheres in it. As it is rubbed in, it takes a color...I figure the pigment is in the spheres. I use Fair Light. (Reference I wear Fair in Smashbox BB cream, Fairly light in MAC's BB cream and N1 in MAC face and body) I'm fair with pink undertones, and Fair Light works well. It dries to a satin like finish, not true matte but not dewy. (I'd love it more if it was a little dewy, but a just add a drop of argan oil to it) Blends easily. A little goes a long way, don't over do it..that's why I think some reviewers thought it was chalky. I only use 1 pump, and I have to rub my palms to "activate" the color then apply to my face. I find this technique works well. I don't like to apply with a brush, and DON"T use a beauty blender....took forever to clean it out of my beauty blender. (Gunked up my BB sponge pretty badly) Fingers work best for this foundation.

Smells great, I don't think I have ever commented on how a foundation smells but I love this stuff.

Wear time (with a primer) lasts all day. Without a primer, my nose gets shiny after 8 hour of wear without any powder touch up. Also did not oxidize as some other "match your skin product can do over time)

Moisturizing and doesn't make any scales (healing blemishes) stand out.

If you are looking for a full coverage foundation don't try this product. But if all you need is a light coverage this is a great product.

on 12/20/2014 1:44:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Great foundation - I have a golden coloring with red undertones so I wear dark. I love that the foundation adjusts to match my coloring perfectly. Two pumps is enough to cover my entire face and down my neck. Very moisturizing so it can be a bit shiny during summer months but it's great for Fall/Winter. I may give the powder a try next summer.

on 9/1/2014 2:34:00 AM

I was actually very impressed with this foundation. I have large pores, and issues with foundation settling into, or highlighting them, but this foundation went on super smooth and did not highlight lines or pores. My skin looked tight, moisturized and healthy. There was no cakeyness, even in areas where I built up coverage. It is light, but it still covers problem areas nicely. The color (the fair/light) blended right in, and did not oxidize. After wearing this most of the day, my skin looked even, healthy, and smooth. I like that it has ingredients that benefit your skin while you wear it. I have dry skin, and this added moisture, and was totally comfortable to wear. No setting powder or primer was necessary, and the other products in the Josie Maran line, like the argan oil blush, work well together. I'm impressed, and will recommend this, and probably purchase other Josie Maran items.

on 8/13/2014 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love this foundation! I suggest if you are light, check what undertone you are. If you're pink/cool, go with fair/light, if you're warm or neutral, go with the light/medium shade. I am nc20-25 and light/medium is PERFECT!. I dont need a moisurizer or serum underneath it - I just apply to my bare face. Goes on sheer to medium depending on how much you use. I like applying with my fingers better than a brush. The only complaint I have is the bottle's pump does not work that great all the time and for $42.00 a bottle it should have a stellar pump!

on 8/1/2014 3:09:00 PM

I have tan-coloured, medium skin. This is nice and light. Actually gives less coverage than the JM tinted moisturizer. This is good if you have even skin. My sister has deep spots of hyperpigmentation and all this does is match them, too. She had to return. For me, I was going to repurchase but after sampling her TM, I will stick with that. Try both!

on 7/31/2014 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I really wanted to like this! I love the texture and the coverage--it feels like a moisturizer in terms of texture and the coverage is very light, which is what I was looking for. Something just a step above a BB cream. However, the colors are awful. I have very medium/beige middle of the road neutral skin and I never have a hard time matching it. There are only 3 shades to choose from and they all start out white-ish because it's supposed to match your skin as you blend it out. I tried both the light and medium shades, and they were SO orange. The color was fine when it was still a little white, but as I blended it out it just turned more and more orange. Truly horrible! It's like this foundation was made solely for people who fake tan because I really can't see it matching anyone's natural skin tone. Really disappointed in this product.