October 21, 2014 | 1231 users online

Foundations - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Matchmaker

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2014 2:34:00 AM More reviews by Halloqueen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was actually very impressed with this foundation. I have large pores, and issues with foundation settling into, or highlighting them, but this foundation went on super smooth and did not highlight lines or pores. My skin looked tight, moisturized and healthy. There was no cakeyness, even in areas where I built up coverage. It is light, but it still covers problem areas nicely. The color (the fair/light) blended right in, and did not oxidize. After wearing this most of the day, my skin looked even, healthy, and smooth. I like that it has ingredients that benefit your skin while you wear it. I have dry skin, and this added moisture, and was totally comfortable to wear. No setting powder or primer was necessary, and the other products in the Josie Maran line, like the argan oil blush, work well together. I'm impressed, and will recommend this, and probably purchase other Josie Maran items.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2014 7:02:00 PM More reviews by pulidobl

Love this foundation! I suggest if you are light, check what undertone you are. If you're pink/cool, go with fair/light, if you're warm or neutral, go with the light/medium shade. I am nc20-25 and light/medium is PERFECT!. I dont need a moisurizer or serum underneath it - I just apply to my bare face. Goes on sheer to medium depending on how much you use. I like applying with my fingers better than a brush. The only complaint I have is the bottle's pump does not work that great all the time and for $42.00 a bottle it should have a stellar pump!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2014 3:09:00 PM More reviews by JLB2005

I have tan-coloured, medium skin. This is nice and light. Actually gives less coverage than the JM tinted moisturizer. This is good if you have even skin. My sister has deep spots of hyperpigmentation and all this does is match them, too. She had to return. For me, I was going to repurchase but after sampling her TM, I will stick with that. Try both!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/31/2014 7:31:00 PM More reviews by jrmanor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to like this! I love the texture and the coverage--it feels like a moisturizer in terms of texture and the coverage is very light, which is what I was looking for. Something just a step above a BB cream. However, the colors are awful. I have very medium/beige middle of the road neutral skin and I never have a hard time matching it. There are only 3 shades to choose from and they all start out white-ish because it's supposed to match your skin as you blend it out. I tried both the light and medium shades, and they were SO orange. The color was fine when it was still a little white, but as I blended it out it just turned more and more orange. Truly horrible! It's like this foundation was made solely for people who fake tan because I really can't see it matching anyone's natural skin tone. Really disappointed in this product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2014 10:42:00 PM More reviews by alina08

This foundation comes out very orange for my pale complexion. I also do not like how there appears to be some chunky bits in the foundation. I saw that in the sample one at Sephora and assumed that it was an old bottle, but apparently my bottle has the same weird grainy pieces. This could be a whole lot better if it were not a color changing foundation. I cannot recommend this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2014 4:05:00 PM More reviews by lylaura

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I received a sample with my AO light, which I love btw.

This tinted moisturizer was drying and felt grainy, and looked cakey. It didn't cover at all. I just washed it right off after a few minutes, couldn't stand grainy texture.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2014 10:18:00 AM More reviews by suzbcskin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really thought I would like this product but did not. It looked cakey on my skin. Her shades are way too dark. I got the light shade and it was a weird coloring, not at all light.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2014 12:15:00 AM More reviews by mistressaryann

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For reference i have normal to dry and sometimes combination skin, with a few spots from previous breakouts. I have this in medium-dark.
PRICE: $42

COVERAGE: This foundation is sheer/light foundation. It comes out white and becomes your "perfect" shade once blended in to the skin. There is argan oil infused with this foundation which makes my skin happy because there's no scary ingredients that cause my adolescent skin to break out~ although this foundation is sheer in coverage it does this magic trick where it blurs your imperfections but not completely cover it c: lightweight + blurs your imperfections + no cake face = natural and radiant complexion

LASTING POWER: On my normal/dry skin this lasts an entire school day (7-8 hours- i set with powder and setting spray) but during really humid days (Hawaii has the most unpredictable weather pattern) it fades just a teenie bit on my nose but doesn't become a messy disaster.

PACKAGING: Comes in an amber glass bottle to preserve the argan oil's benefits and comes with a pump that needs a little getting used to. At first it was being funky with me but now it's very functional and a lot better than unscrewing it and scraping out the product.

APPLICATION: I feel that the best way to apply this foundation is with your fingers or a standard foundation brush, but i prefer using my fingers to make sure i blend out the color.

As far as how it sat on my skin, it did not accentuate any of my dry patches (probably because of the moisture the argan oil provides) I didn't have weird rashes or come up with spots at the end of the day, it did not break me out. It is an ideal everyday foundation for me, if i wanted more coverage for my spots i could always use concealer. I can't really say anything bad about it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2014 3:58:00 PM More reviews by chipsy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

These days, my acne and the overall appearance of my skin has improved so much that I would rather not wear a foundation with anything higher than light coverage as I am afraid those products may trigger my breakout cycle again. I live and work in the city though, and feel like I should wear something on my face as opposed to going out with nothing and having particles of the grimy London atmosphere making its way into my pores. Is that weird? Probably.

Anyway, I have this in Fair/Light, and I got it in the Matchmaker kit along with the powder foundation, gel blush and Argan Oil. I have been using it for about a month now. Once my bottle runs out, I will be purchasing another for sure. As a side note, I have found that a dusting of the powder foundation over this works really harmoniously and helps keep the product on for longer. It also increases the coverage slightly.

The product lasts well on my skin, as there is still a lot that comes off when I wash my face in the evening. I think this product is well suited to oily/combination skin, such as mine. The texture is runny and I use about 1.5 pumps for my whole face. It feels a little gritty but the grittiness disappears as you apply. You MUST use you fingers for this, if you use a brush it will look bad! You need the warmth and pressure of your fingers for the colour to activate.

Other reviewers have mentioned that this product offers very little coverage, and it's true. Don't buy this if you are looking for something to cover major imperfections. I find that the light coverage evens out my skin tone just enough and provides a nicer finish than bare skin. It is slightly luminous, though NOT shimmery or glittery - more of a healthy glow appearance. After application, it feels glorious to touch - soft, plump, smooth. It has that lovely powdery silicone slip but not so much so that it makes you feel oily.

Another thing I want to mention is that my skin is very acne-prone and most foundations containing silicones give me cystic acne (Especially near the top of the list, the worst culprits are dimethicone and cyclopentasiloxane for me). This one contains several silicones but they are polymers rather than pure, and that seems to make a big difference in the way my skin reacts. So if you are usually sensitive to silicones, try out a sample of this and see how you get on.

I would recommend this product to anyone looking for something to wear on a daily basis just to even out skin tone and impart a nice finish on the skin. If you can, try to get hold of a sample, though I don't think you will be disappointed.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2014 10:42:00 PM More reviews by BeccahH

There is no coverage to this foundation. I use the fair to light shade. I find that Josie Maran tends to run darker anyway, but I digress. This is just an over priced tinted moisturizer that lacks SPF. I would pass.