July 28, 2014 | 1313 users online

Foundations - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Matchmaker

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2014 10:42:00 PM More reviews by alina08

This foundation comes out very orange for my pale complexion. I also do not like how there appears to be some chunky bits in the foundation. I saw that in the sample one at Sephora and assumed that it was an old bottle, but apparently my bottle has the same weird grainy pieces. This could be a whole lot better if it were not a color changing foundation. I cannot recommend this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2014 4:05:00 PM More reviews by lylaura

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I received a sample with my AO light, which I love btw.

This tinted moisturizer was drying and felt grainy, and looked cakey. It didn't cover at all. I just washed it right off after a few minutes, couldn't stand grainy texture.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2014 10:18:00 AM More reviews by suzbcskin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really thought I would like this product but did not. It looked cakey on my skin. Her shades are way too dark. I got the light shade and it was a weird coloring, not at all light.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2014 12:15:00 AM More reviews by mistressaryann

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For reference i have normal to dry and sometimes combination skin, with a few spots from previous breakouts. I have this in medium-dark.
PRICE: $42

COVERAGE: This foundation is sheer/light foundation. It comes out white and becomes your "perfect" shade once blended in to the skin. There is argan oil infused with this foundation which makes my skin happy because there's no scary ingredients that cause my adolescent skin to break out~ although this foundation is sheer in coverage it does this magic trick where it blurs your imperfections but not completely cover it c: lightweight + blurs your imperfections + no cake face = natural and radiant complexion

LASTING POWER: On my normal/dry skin this lasts an entire school day (7-8 hours- i set with powder and setting spray) but during really humid days (Hawaii has the most unpredictable weather pattern) it fades just a teenie bit on my nose but doesn't become a messy disaster.

PACKAGING: Comes in an amber glass bottle to preserve the argan oil's benefits and comes with a pump that needs a little getting used to. At first it was being funky with me but now it's very functional and a lot better than unscrewing it and scraping out the product.

APPLICATION: I feel that the best way to apply this foundation is with your fingers or a standard foundation brush, but i prefer using my fingers to make sure i blend out the color.

As far as how it sat on my skin, it did not accentuate any of my dry patches (probably because of the moisture the argan oil provides) I didn't have weird rashes or come up with spots at the end of the day, it did not break me out. It is an ideal everyday foundation for me, if i wanted more coverage for my spots i could always use concealer. I can't really say anything bad about it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2014 3:58:00 PM More reviews by chipsy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

These days, my acne and the overall appearance of my skin has improved so much that I would rather not wear a foundation with anything higher than light coverage as I am afraid those products may trigger my breakout cycle again. I live and work in the city though, and feel like I should wear something on my face as opposed to going out with nothing and having particles of the grimy London atmosphere making its way into my pores. Is that weird? Probably.

Anyway, I have this in Fair/Light, and I got it in the Matchmaker kit along with the powder foundation, gel blush and Argan Oil. I have been using it for about a month now. Once my bottle runs out, I will be purchasing another for sure. As a side note, I have found that a dusting of the powder foundation over this works really harmoniously and helps keep the product on for longer. It also increases the coverage slightly.

The product lasts well on my skin, as there is still a lot that comes off when I wash my face in the evening. I think this product is well suited to oily/combination skin, such as mine. The texture is runny and I use about 1.5 pumps for my whole face. It feels a little gritty but the grittiness disappears as you apply. You MUST use you fingers for this, if you use a brush it will look bad! You need the warmth and pressure of your fingers for the colour to activate.

Other reviewers have mentioned that this product offers very little coverage, and it's true. Don't buy this if you are looking for something to cover major imperfections. I find that the light coverage evens out my skin tone just enough and provides a nicer finish than bare skin. It is slightly luminous, though NOT shimmery or glittery - more of a healthy glow appearance. After application, it feels glorious to touch - soft, plump, smooth. It has that lovely powdery silicone slip but not so much so that it makes you feel oily.

Another thing I want to mention is that my skin is very acne-prone and most foundations containing silicones give me cystic acne (Especially near the top of the list, the worst culprits are dimethicone and cyclopentasiloxane for me). This one contains several silicones but they are polymers rather than pure, and that seems to make a big difference in the way my skin reacts. So if you are usually sensitive to silicones, try out a sample of this and see how you get on.

I would recommend this product to anyone looking for something to wear on a daily basis just to even out skin tone and impart a nice finish on the skin. If you can, try to get hold of a sample, though I don't think you will be disappointed.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2014 10:42:00 PM More reviews by BeccahH

There is no coverage to this foundation. I use the fair to light shade. I find that Josie Maran tends to run darker anyway, but I digress. This is just an over priced tinted moisturizer that lacks SPF. I would pass.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2014 8:54:00 AM More reviews by HollyWould123

As with the BB cream trend, it is my personal opinion that this oil trend will come and go in some time.
Anyway, I received a sample of this from Sephora (in Light/Medium) and was excited to try it because of the rave reviews on Josie Maran in general. The foundation is very light weight, and comes out white, but changes very quickly if left on your hand. It is extremely light, lighter than some BB creams I have tried. Somewhat buildable, blends easily. I have long, long days (I'm a nurse; approximately 15 hours on weekends.) and haven't found a match for Make Up Forever HD yet, but am always trying new things.
I prefer more of a full coverage, so this obviously isn't for me particularly. I always say foundations/BB creams, etc. are an individualized thing depending on the type of coverage you desire and the occasion. This foundation is more for the lesser coverage types, and it leaves a more natural look.
This is worth a try if you are into the whole oil/BB cream trend and/or prefer a more sheer, lightweight foundation!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2014 10:26:00 PM More reviews by Jmesa1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros: nice glow makes my skin look so good and clear, not cakey, soft to the touch, don't need more than one push of the pump so it lasts like 6 months. Doesn't make me breakout. Aragon oil I guess made my skin look smooth and luminous.

Cons: doesn't last long even with the concealer after 3-4 hours you can see my acne marks on my cheeks. But I don't use primer so there's that. It's like $45

It's good for the most part but doesn't give me enough all day coverage. Try a sample at sephora it's worth that.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2014 10:20:00 PM More reviews by priscillaaa

I've been using this foundation for some time now, so I feel like I can give a pretty good review of it :)

I have it in the shade Light/Medium.

I have to say I was skeptical at first about the colour shift pigments inside the foundation, but it does work! The foundation comes out white with some grainy bits in it, but once buffed into the skin, the product changes colour to match your skin.

The coverage is light, but it is somewhat buildable. I have post-acne scars on my cheeks, they are link pink/red so I am quite self conscious about it. The foundation does a good job on covering it up, but I always layer with some concealer.

The finish of this foundation is great, it is smooth and looks very natural. It looks fantastic in photos and undectable.

By the end of the day though, there isn't a lot of product left on my skin, and you can see that some of the product has been sliding around on my face especially at my T-Zone.

I am about halfway through my first bottle. I have a second bottle as well that was gifted to me. After I finish these, I will not repurchase them as I have other foundations that stay better on my face and has better coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2013 11:53:00 PM More reviews by bkurant

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

for my skin, this is the absolute best foundation. though technically not a bb cream, it does for me what many hope bb cream will do - your skin, only better. smooth, even coverage that feels and looks as if you have no foundation at all - just perfect skin.
argan oil, in general, is not a friend to my very sensitive skin. it causes a lot of problems for my face and does nothing for my dry curls. yet, whatever ingredients are in this foundation, they balance the argan oil beautifully.
the color (fair) is also something of a miracle. my skin is warm with cool undertones, which makes it almost impossible to find a good match. the problem is all those yellow-based foundations, spreading like jaundice thanks to bobby brown and her yellow mantra. they are sickly looking. and even neutral foundations are still too yellow. josie maran to the rescue.
i can see why/how this foundation can be problematic for some. it goes on white, but then it reacts with your skin and changes, but you have no control over the final color. it either works with your true color, or it doesnt. if it does, it looks wonderful - natural, effortless. otherwise, it might look grey or orange or anything but your natural color. the only way to know is to try it - your skin will tell you what no review can.