September 16, 2014 | 1194 users online

Lip Treatments - Maybelline - Baby Lips Lip Balm

rated 2 of 5 on 9/13/2014 2:09:00 PM More reviews by wilamops

I have the "Quenched" clear baby lips. I bought it to replace a burt's bees chapstick, and it was a mistake. The baby lips makes me lips feel okay for at most an hour before I feel like I have to reapply. And I mean "okay"---it doesn't make my lips feel great. Instead of a dense, moisturizing feeling, the baby lips feels thin, slippery, and kind of oily. The packaging is very cute and I got it on sale for $2.50, but even at that price I would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2014 7:21:00 AM More reviews by AnaPana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

Okay, so i've only tried three of these shades, but i had different initial reactions to all of them. The first one i tried was Quenched. It's fantastic, especially when my lips are exfoliated, and it stays moisturized for a very long time. When i go out, i find myself often rubbing my lips together just to feel that creamy, moisturizing sensation. If you have naturally pink and full lips like mine, it's definitely flattering, visually. I use this as my on-the-run every day lip balm. I also do find that it softened my lips during a period when they were occasionally cracking.

I then tried the Cherry Me. Unfortunately, i felt that the color was a bit too garish on me. Didn't really like the shade for me and so i returned it rather quickly.

Now, most recently, my mother gave me Pink Punch, which she felt she was a little long in the tooth for. It's definitely not a color i would've bought, but i tried it on, and with the trend of bright lipsticks being worn during the summer, i found it didn't look too bad at all. It's not a balm i'd wear every day, but once in awhile, with the right outfit, and particularly during the summer, i think it's quite nice.

Regardless, my favorite from all of them remains Quenched. Doesn't hurt that they all have SPF in it either. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 9/11/2014 3:32:00 AM More reviews by amoenaonline

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have this in "Cherry Me" shade. It doesn't feel nice on my lips, feels pretty weird and icky actually. But I like the color it gives and for some reason is hard to find lip balms here in my country that actually give some color too. And this one doesn't really moisturize either. I only use it because of the color it gives, it's easy to add on the go without a mirror. I do like the packaging though. I just wish it felt nicer on my lips or actually did something to them.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/10/2014 10:02:00 PM More reviews by jwhitz

This product is TERRIBLE. I've never used a worse lip balm. It came in very cute packaging, but thats about the only positive aspect. I have never used a lip balm that not only did not moisturize whatsoever, it actually severely dried out my lips to the point it was painful. My friends, who also used the product all had similar experiences with it. I would never ever recommend this to someone else and would never buy again. Save your money.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2014 9:28:00 PM More reviews by lushlife505

I have cherry me and it is ok. Not the best balm I have used. I wanted something to soften my lips and at the same time add just a hint of color. This was ok. It is like a popsicle type tint on the lips. I am not a fan of the scent, tint on the lips or anything really.
I do like the idea of these but prefer the kissing koolers they used to have over these anyday.
These seem very cheap looking to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2014 7:26:00 AM More reviews by Hart93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is one of my favourite lipbalms, great for everyday use, always have it handy in my bag. I use the 'cherry me' shade as i love red lips but just feel a red lipstick is too bold for an everyday casual look, this just gives a more subtle rosy tint to the lips which i think is lovely.

My lips always feel nice and moisturised when i use this however i do find i need to reaaply it quite often so it does run out quite fast, but it's really good value for money so i really don't mind if it needs replacing often.

And a definite added bonus is how lovely it smells, maybe a little bit too sickly sweet, but i really like the cherry scent to it personally.

Overall, a good product and absolute bargain!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2014 11:06:00 PM More reviews by chickeeduck

Hit and miss based on colour. It is a stain like balm with the added bonus of spf.

Cherry Me is probably the best of the bunch. Beautiful reddish translucent colour that is buildable. This is the best alternative to a lipstick when you want to go casual, but still look put together.
Pink Punch has a different consistency, more opaque and almost chalky. I found it really drying and actually made my lips a bit gross and crusty.
Pink Shock has a similar consistency as Cherry me, although it is not quite as translucent as Cherry Me. It is a reddish fuschia that builds nicely.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2014 8:54:00 PM More reviews by cinnamonsugar13

AMAZING! Nothing else!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/28/2014 7:11:00 PM More reviews by Whittyurwelcome

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Cute packaging. Not moisturizing but I liked the way it looked under one of my glosses so I finished the tube. Strangely, my lips had a really terrible reaction to it that caused them to be really dry and rough. Like beyond chapped rough, even after exfoliating them. I didn't realize it was the Baby Lips until I switched and the problem went away, started using again and the roughness came back. I will not buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/28/2014 3:43:00 AM More reviews by smase

this was one of the worst lip balm I have ever wasted my money on..colour pay off is bad..and the product itself isn't properly moisturizing