October 25, 2014 | 1857 users online

Polishes - Wet 'n' Wild - 2% Milk

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2014 5:19:00 AM More reviews by xxstrawberry

HG! I've been looking for a nude like this!

BRUSH: This has a wide brush that applies it like a dream! It does NOT streak, which is very surprising considering the light color.

COLOR: One coat makes it look like my nails but better. Two coats gives a very natural clean look. Three coats gives a very professional looking manicure, for much less than the cost of one! It has that jelly-like transparent quality that's opaque, but not too opaque. Sheer, but not too sheer. Natural, but adds so much polish to my look. Very classy! For reference, my hands are yellow toned.

STAYING POWER: Great staying power! With a good topcoat, this stays for a week with no chips! It looks fresh from the salon! :) I put my hands through abuse and wash my hands very often. Any tip wear or chips that appear later are not too noticeable so I can delay doing my nails for a few days (c'mon, I'm busy!).

DRY TIME: This dries quickly so it's not very prone to smudging or denting, so you finish your nails faster and can go about your day!

PRICE: I've spent good money looking for a natural-nude color like this, and this was at my local drugstore for only $1.99 the whole time.

Run out and get it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2014 12:51:00 AM More reviews by mkinthecity

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Move over OPI Bubble Bath because you've been duped! Omg this color is fabulously understated and just looks fresh and glossy. I love these new wide brushes and the formula is perfect. 2-3 coats gives for that expensive look on the cheap - no one will know;) No streaking either - LOVE!

EDIT: Tried this with the French Mani look - a single coat looks super gorgeous. Perfection. Definitely will be a staple for that every day neutral look or as a complement to a white tip. You won't be disappointed - run out and make this part of your nail collection!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2013 8:17:00 PM More reviews by tori497

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my new favorite polish and shade! In my seemingly never-ending quest to find the perfect nearly naked polish, I bought this because of the price. At under $2, I figured it was worth a try. I have previously bought OPI, Sally Hanson Complete Salon Manicure, Cover Girl, etc. and this is better than all of them! There are things I like about each but 2% Milk is the total package.

Most nearly nude colors go on streaky. Not this. Most don't hold up to applying multiple coats. This does. I use this along with Seche Vite fast dry top coat and have a week+ of high shine color. I also purchased this in Private Viewing, a lovely, true nude shade. The formula is thick enough to cover evenly but not become "goopy." The pigment is just enough that for a "your nails but better look," with one coat. But it is also buildable.

Unlike other reviewers, I actually love the brush. The trick is to make sure you aren't loading too much and go slowly. I can get each nail in one pass with this brush and it speeds up my manicure considerably. Most importantly, after having this one month, it is not getting thick or difficult to work with. So many other brands work great the first time or two but each use after gets worse and worse. In my opinion, the less I have to dilute a polish, the longer it will last on my nails and the less often I have to redo and repurchase. This is seriously a ten and I will continue to buy in this and other shades!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2013 2:06:00 AM More reviews by Mysticrhythm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I never thought I'd fall in love with this kind of nude color! This shade is absolutely gorgeous....Ă¼ber pale milky sheer with no hint of pink even with multiple layers. I was a little tired of all the bright, funky colors I usually wear so I picked up this one just to try something super neutral for a change. My nails have a little bit of staining at the moment (bad Essie The Lace is On! Love your hot glimmery magenta but oh, the staining!) so I applied 4 coats of 2% milk and then a topcoat of Out the Door. What a naturally luscious look, it looks like I had an expensive manicure, definitely a "my nails but better" look. I can't stop staring at my hands lol.

My only beefs: HATE the wide brush. Made it hard to apply to my narrower nails. HATE that I was in a rush when I picked this up and got a slightly wonky brush as a result (I've also picked up several other colors of their Megalast line since, and I will tell you DO check the brushes before choosing a bottle, they are messed up more often than not it seems). And also, as one other reviewer said, the nature of the rougher brush this sports makes it easy to apply streaky if you use too much pressure, so bear that in mind when applying.

Overall I am in love, and I will be picking up a backup bottle. I can't attest to how it will wear yet as I've only just applied it, if I'm not happy with how it holds up I'll update.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2013 7:31:00 AM More reviews by robocouture

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After spilling a bottle of my beloved "Bubble Bath" by OPI, I began the hunt for the perfect nude shade. I'm happy to say I found it in "2% Milk." With just one coat I achieved a wonderful jelly finish, prefect color formula (not too sheer, not to opaque), and no striking. Makes my hands look clean and polished, but also natural and lively. Quickly purchased a back up bottle. For the price, it's definitely worth a try from any nude polish lover. Wide brush works wonders. Located this shade at a 24 hour rite aid for just $1.29, they seem to carry a wider color selection in this collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2013 1:29:00 AM More reviews by lipstickjunkie87

Great color! Usually im the wild and crazy nail girl. I love color so this is real tone down for me. I used 4 coats and love the outcome of it! Definitely a grwat purchase, and great for ppl who are looking for that toned dow color.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2013 1:15:00 AM More reviews by koralam

This is the first wet n wild nail polish I've ever purchased. i got mine at walmart for 4 dollars, i know they are cheaper in the states. still i only paid 4 dollars for it, which compared to my usual essie nail polishes its a lot cheaper. this colour is great! only takes 2 coats to get exactly what it looks like in the bottle if you want an even more natural just one coat will do! the brush is wider. reminds me of the sally hansen insta dry nail polish brush which i love. just one swipe and youre done. i will def be checking out other colours!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2013 9:26:00 PM More reviews by girlndocs

Everything you've heard is true. This is the queen of all pale milky shades. Truly neutral (look up pics online, it doesn't look too pink for brown-skinned hands or too brown for pale pink hands). Streakless. Gorgeous formula. Wide brush makes application as easy as a song. One coat is completely sheer, two coats is a visible milky wash, three coats a translucent milky shade. Perfectly flattering.

My go-to manicure in a hurry is one coat of this, one coat of Seche Vite. 10 minutes, done, dry, ready to get in the car.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2013 1:25:00 PM More reviews by Jsong09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Found mine at Walmart, couldn't find this shade anywhere else for some reason.

Love this color it is the perfect neutral "milky" shade without hitting the pink color that most come with.

The application is really easy because of the brush however check the brushes before you buy because some are bent or shaped all crazy.

I do have to put three coats on to get the true color which is kinda inconvenient however that is to be expected for sheer natural looking colors such as this one.

This polish does not dry particularly fast but that doesn't bother me too much.

I also think this is a great shade for those afraid to go full on white on your nails.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2013 5:40:00 PM More reviews by tawnyinthepink03

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Just picked this up for 99¢ at Walgreens. It is now a core shade, so it won't be difficult for anyone to find. I bought this when it came out in 2009 and again now in 2013. Color is the same, just different packaging. Newer packaging is better IMO. Still a lovely goto neutral.