November 27, 2014 | 1425 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Double Extend Eye Illuminator Mascara

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2014 1:25:00 AM More reviews by Loxxy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this at a discount and bronze was the only color available. I like this, but it can't hold curls at all, clumps a bit, and the colored side just isn't too good. The black mascara works fine, and I like both sides' brushes. However, the bronze side had little lasting time; it faded away within a few hours and only left the glitters. I like this mascara, but I won't repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2013 11:20:00 AM More reviews by TelaTelaJewel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Luckily, I purchased this product on clearance or else I would have been much more disappointed. This review is referring to the silver illuminator, for all eyes. The only part of this mascara that worked for me was step 1, the regular black mascara, did add some volume. However, it dries very quickly and becuase of this, if you go back to fix any errors, you'll just clump up. Also, if you choose to use step 2, you have to apply it immediately and do one eye at a time. The "illuminating" step 2 part of this mascara was worthless to me and what is the point of a 2 step mascara if you only utilize one step? The wand is a spherical shape and I find it clumps up something awful. The worst part is that it doesn't matter if I apply the shimmery mascara to all my lashes or just the ends of them (as suggested on the package for a more "subtle" look), my eyes are irritated all day. Irritating shimmer, clumsy wand, and clumpy application... I would say that this illuminating part ii is a total failure. Sorry to those who swear by it. It was a mess for me. I honestly have no alternatives to suggest for this mascara. I do not think I will ever purchase a shimmery mascara again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2013 7:54:00 PM More reviews by PaleBrunette

This was a fun product that I just didnt use as much as I should have.
I purchased coppery shade for blue eyes. The illuminating side was the gimmick but the black side was still a very decent mascara. No clumping, not a lot of volume, but did give length and definition. I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2013 9:17:00 PM More reviews by MissRiss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I tried this mascara a while back and really liked it but when it dried up I looked for something else (you know the never ending search for that product that just might be better). After a year or so I was tired of only worrying about full lashes I wanted long lashes so I decided to get this again because I remembered how it made my lashes incredibly long. Glad I did because it really is a nice product. Sometimes it can flake but I just brush them off but it's pretty good at not smudging. The highlighting side is a nice touch but on this last tube that end was messed up so I don't use it much. Definitely will repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2013 11:08:00 PM More reviews by abigailsauce

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought the one for green eyes and love it. The mascara works well, but because i'm not big on black mascara half the time i just use the illuminator. The tube is a tad chunky, but I LOVE the sphere-tip wand for the illuminator. It's not super glittery, but it still shows up and definitely does its job. I was glad to find this because bronze mascara really looks great with my eyes but is so hard to find. When i use the black end my lashes look nearly false. I will definitely be buying this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2013 1:09:00 PM More reviews by dropdeadlovee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Dark, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got the one for blue eyes which has a bronzy shimmer. I chose this bc warm metallics bring out the warmth in my skin and it was on sale for about $2. I LOVE the black mascara end bc it gives you incredible thickness and volume that i just love! The shimmer end is ok. It really isn't noticeable unless you stand like 17cm away from my eyes. The shimmer does stay on lashes but it kind of irritates my eyes. Grant it i know i shouldn't sleep with this on but when i put the shimmer side on and rest for a but it irritates my eyes. Other than that i really like this i wish i can only get the black mascara side. Id buy again only if its on sale

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2013 10:05:00 PM More reviews by SleepyHeadphones

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Personally I feel this does nothing to bring out your eye color but it's fun to wear once and I while. I wore this to school and I got a lot of compliments were people thought it looked pretty but nothing about my eyes popping out. I also feel it's too much when wearing black eyeliner and that the sparkles don't match any other color of eyeliner at all. I'll just stick to using colored eyeliner and eyeshadow to bring out my eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2013 1:25:00 AM More reviews by GlitzJunkie

This mascara is probably in my top 5 favorite mascara brands. My reasoning is the concept behind it and that is the eye illuminator part that is added as a top coat to the mascara itself. This is a silvery glittery shimmery top cost that really brings out a sparkle in your eye. I love the mascara part of it as well since it really volumizes my lashes. I was blessed with naturally thick long lashes so in good with two coats plus the illuminator. I don't have any complaints about this product and if you do it might be because it was not applied correctly. Your lashes should not clump at all with this product since the shimmery too coat is applied with a brush that has bristles that separate lashes

rated 3 of 5 on 10/4/2012 12:18:00 AM More reviews by linda1217

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the concept of this mascara. And it did add volume and length to my lashes. But the 'illuminating' coat is full of glitter that flaked into my eyes! I wear contacts and it was unbearable. My eyes are still sore and I have had my contacts out for a few hours. It might be okay for NON contact lens wearers. It was very pretty!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2012 12:33:00 PM More reviews by sherrybird

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this on sale for 2.99. I really love the mascara. It gives great volume and length. But the top coat doesn't really do much, you can't see the sparkles unless you're standing like 5 inches away. I'd prefer if it was just the normal mascara, then the wand would be longer and easier to work with. I think the normal price is kind of expensive, but I'd definitely get it again if it was on a great sale.