October 2, 2014 | 915 users online

Lipstick - Boots - 17 Mirror Shine On (all shades)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2013 1:15:00 PM More reviews by princessmaria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

i very rarely wear lipsticks, but this is not a regular lipstick! :)
i like how it is glossy. some lipsticks are horribly matte (just my opinion), i like lipsticks to make my lips look healthy. i have dry lips that tend to flake, so this lipstick is right up my street.
i have mine in a pink/coral shade and i love it. it's great for formal occasions (i wore it to my graduation ball at uni) or just nipping to the shops! it comes in many shades too.
the price is good..at boots i get points too so every little helps these days!
my only issue - a very slight issue - is that the lid on my stick is loose. i may have picked up a dodgy one (knowing my luck!)
apart from this, the colour lasts a long time, it leaves a healthy and sheer shine, and its not matte or sparkly!
i would buy this again - although i don't have to as it lasts aaages :P

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2013 10:51:00 AM More reviews by ammit1984

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

These are the best lipsticks ever and i'll tell you my experience of them:

I have always been a high end snob, I love my expensive makeup, my pretty packaging and my super advanced formulas. I recently went all out and bought 3 Suqqu lipsticks sight unseen! I was lucky that 2 of them were the creamy glow moist formulas because the standard creamy glow formula was honestly not what I was after.

Why am I talking about suqqu you ask? Well, suqqu is 27 a pop and these little beauties are just under 5. Depressing or what!!

Suqqu is one of the most expensive and hard to find brands out there, and their lipsticks are raved about by everyone, I thought I couldn't go wrong, and the truth be told, I didn't really, but it all depends on what you're looking for.
I love my lipstick to be sheer, I like to swipe it on and have slip and not need a mirror. I really don't like the "done" look to lips that often and I certainly can't be bothered to worry about reapplying all the time, I'm not that high maintenance.
The suqqu lipsticks in the original formula are extremely pigmented and utterly lovely, if that's what you like... for me though, the moist formulas were better by far!

The problem I've got, is that even though I've spent money on some of the most expensive lipsticks out there, I still like these little 17 lipsticks better. Oh deary me what a lesson to learn.

Don't get me wrong, I love my high end ones, I'm glad i got them, i'll still use them, but it's a lesson learned for me. Better doesn't always mean better for you!

My favourite colour from this line is Belle, it's like a mauvey pink and it's literally the best lipstick I've ever owned. The colour is so amazing that I bought 3 of them on 3 for 2, 10 for 3 lipsticks, that's not even HALF a suqqu lipstick.

No matter what I wear this lipstick just looks fabulous, and they've just brought out some new shades as well which I so want to check out, but i'm not because i've just bought these expensive ones. I've tried Chanel and I have a lovely pink from them, I've got Guerlain and their similar formula is lovely and I'd probably say it's a little better than this - smells nice, packaging is awesome and it's a bit glossier... but nothing really beats 17 that I currently own because it's just so darned cheap.

I made the foolish assumption of thinking that cheap = bad. That's just not true at all, and it just goes to show how silly I was. I won't make the mistake again that's for sure.... these are fabulous and in my opinion if you're looking for an easy wearing lipstick that you can throw on like a pair of jeans then this is just as good as any high end brand that you're likely to come across.

High end brands like suqqu are fabulous if you're after pigment, but if you want what I want then this is just great.

Just for reference, suqqu is a little bit stickier and long lasting whereas these lipsticks don't stay on very long at all, they'll be off after an hour on me but I don't really mind that much.
I haven't yet tried a lip chic from Chantecaille, but i've got a sneaking suspicion that it wouldn't be justified, how can I possibly after finding the best colour and formula for about 5..... don't underestimate these little things, they're hero products for low maintenance gorgeousness.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 5:07:00 AM More reviews by jajo1955

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great colours and lipstick is glossy and light on your lips. I would definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2013 1:06:00 PM More reviews by kristina93

I love these as they're so sheer and glossy. It's easy to just throw on when you want a wash of colour but also something that will be moisturising. I have beehive and I love it, I just recently bought a backup. It's a pretty pinky nude which looks great for everyday wear. They don't last very long on the lips at all, but that is to be expected with this type of texture. The old packaging looked tacky, but I'm not impressed with the new one either because it's bulkier.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2012 4:39:00 PM More reviews by PremierT

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Frankly, they're cheap and they look it. Thankfully Boots has replaced the thin metallic turquoise mirrored cases with something matte black and square. The new packaging also comes with a handy slide-out mirror in the lid, but for a product like this you really don't need a mirror to apply. I'm no longer embarrassed to pull one out of my purse but still - they're not glamorous. They do largely the same thing for my lips as the Shiseido Tender Tones, which I love but find very expensive and try not to replace too often.

They going on with a sheer wash of colour and provide a super shiny 'enhanced' look. They are buildable so you can get about as much colour as you would from a typical gloss formula (but with absolutely no stickiness or gloopiness) and layering tends to help them last longer as well. I only have matte shades (Beehive a peachy nude and Cookie a deep red are my favs) and the effect is relaxed but pretty, if you want a lipstick with some drama these are not what you're looking for. For bolder lips I do like to keep these in my purse to use these over a lip stain or matte opaque lipsticks because they lend a nice shiny effect and can be applied quickly sans mirror without smudging what's beneath them.

On the down side as it gets colder and drier these lipsticks definitely need to be layered over a balm for moisture so they lose one lippie for that. Also they run out often because they disappear from lips in about 2 hours and I must constantly reapply. Overall great buy though.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2012 2:07:00 PM More reviews by micky887

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in beehive and in nudist peach I like the new packaging as it is black and has a mirror to it but it looks so boring so I kinda now prefer the old packaging as it stood out in my makeup bag I love this lipstick Soo much it feels amazing on the lips really moisturising and the colour is subtle but really beautiful

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2012 1:18:00 PM More reviews by Willow92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have four of these and I plan to buy more. First I bought, Flirtini which is a bright pink with shimmer. The second Mirror Shine Lipstick I bought was Peace, I saw it and it looked like a bright, orangey coral but when I went home and tried it I loved it even more than I expected. It turned out to be very sheer, giving my lips some shine and a slight pinky coral hint. I'd read about Bee Hive and I got some in a swap and couldn't wait to try it. I've never tried nude lips before but I thought I'd give it a go. Again, Bee Hive is very sheer and gave a slight pinky brown colour to my lips which I loved. And my latest Mirror Shine Lipstick is Belle, I haven't tried this on my lips yet but I swatched it on the back of my hand and it looks like a rosey brown to me. I love the fact that these are all so sheer, more like a tinted lip balm but I guess they could be layered to be more opaque. I'd definitely repurchase, I'd also love to see more colours available.

Edit: I just bought Nudist Peach! Gorgeous peachy brown shade on my lips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2012 7:01:00 PM More reviews by triotrio

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

After repeatedly hearing about a couple of these lipsticks on blogs, I had to try them. They're cheap, so I bought two - Beehive, and Belle.
I'm really impressed with both! I had heard that Beehive was the MLBB shade, but I guess thats for people with light lips, as it turns out that with my very pigmented lips it was lighter than my lip shade. I'm NW20/25, btw.
Happily, Belle, the slightly deeper rose one turned out to be perfect for me - my exact lip shade. Its virtually a dupe for MAC Modesty, but more moist and balmy looking.
Beehive is lovely too, and looks gorgeous with a smoky eye, as its a pinky-nude that's not corpsey but is still pretty.
Staying power? Nothing special. But they're moisturising, so I use instead of a balm. I'm flying through them as a result though - good thing they're cheap!

Am definately going to repurchase, and I'm going to check out more of them.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2012 3:44:00 PM More reviews by mohayes1402

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have this in Beehive and Belle and both are gorgeous. I cannot get away with a really pale nude as I am so fair but these are lovely. They have an almost balm/gloss texture, I can apply them without a mirror and they are really flattering colours. Belle is a tad darker but still the classic "my lips but better". I can forgive the shoddy packaging for the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2012 3:35:00 PM More reviews by xloveleighx

LOVE this lipstick! I bought the colour Beehive after hearing so much about it on blogs and youtube. Its comparable to Mac's Hue, but a tad darker. The formula is very moisturising and glides onto the lips. I have full lips and always have trouble with nude lipstick sinking into lines and dry patches but this lipstick doesn't do that at all. If i had to complain about this lipstick i'd want it to be tiny but nuder, but it can always be used with a lighter lipstick to fix this. The bright blue packaging isn't the best looking, but for 5 i would definitely recommend this product!