September 21, 2014 | 1315 users online

Treatments (Eye) - The Body Shop - Nutriganics Smoothing Eye Cream

rated 2 of 5 on 7/24/2014 9:27:00 AM More reviews by vuvie

Now I love myself an airless pump. Feels so hygienic.

But I can't love this eye cream. Granted it was good and did not cause problems to my sensitive, allergic skin. But it also does nothing.

I had no choice as I was transferred to another location and ran out of my trusted Burt's Bees' eye cream (clary sage) for dry skin. I love that one. The whole range!

This is meh and I only needed an eye cream to tide me over till I go home from my business trip.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2014 10:37:00 PM More reviews by lalalalila

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

At the age of 24, I started to notice the very faintest of lines in my under-eye area and finally told myself it was time to invest in a good eye product. I've loved just about every product from TBS that I've tried (their Vitamin E line is my absolute favorite) and this is the first thing I've ever tried from their Nutriganics line. But quite frankly, this product is a disappointment and it is my own conclusion that it is just glorified ordinary moisturizer in a minuscule size with a super sized price tag. I used this twice daily for over 8 months and was very consistent with my routine, yet I see absolutely no improvement in my under-eye area. I gave this two lippies because at the very least, it DID keep the skin around my eyes extra hydrated. I'd apply this at night and in the mornings, the skin around my eyes would be very soft and supple. If all you're looking for is extra hydration and wouldn't mind spending $21 (USD), then this would probably do the trick. It also gets points for being organic and for not being tested on animals. However, if you are looking for something to actually "reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles" like it says on the product description, then your best bet is to look elsewhere. I switched to TBS's Vitamin E Eye Cream and will review that once I've given it a fair trial.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2013 9:11:00 PM More reviews by Snowglobe380

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I am having such a tough time finding a good "organic" eye cream that works for both eye bags and some lines from dryness. I tried this cream after the bodyshop employee recommended it.
After a few minutes of putting it on, I noticed the skin under my eyes look even drier. It certainly did not moisturize enough for me to try it in the long term if it works on eye bags.
I did not bother. So far, I am using an expensive shiseido eye cream that is mediocre at best.
I don't forsee myself finishing this cream. It was a waste of my money. Will not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2013 5:55:00 PM More reviews by kaaary

This is the only product I've tried from this line, and I really like it! A couple months ago I noticed fine lines under my eyes and I was freaking out (I'm 22). I decided to try this out on a whim because TBS was having their 3 for $30 sale, and the lady recommended this eye cream over the Wise Woman one.

Anyway, couple months later, the fines lines are almost gone! They haven't completely disappeared but it's a lot less noticeable. I'm happy with this product and will recommend it to friends :) I don't typically repurchase products, but I will definitely be repurchasing this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2012 8:54:00 AM More reviews by saskiayu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this. It's light, non-irritating, sinks well into skin and does not clog pores. Not particularly hydrating but great for sensitive areas.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2012 3:49:00 PM More reviews by sparkle24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The eye cream is much better than the day and night cream. It's really smooth and I like the light scent and the consistency of the cream but I've used better eye cream before. But it's a good product for it's price. The packaging is good with easy to use pumps. I will not buy it again for myself but will recommend others to give it a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2012 1:28:00 PM More reviews by Loonyhoop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product quite rich and it has a few shiny particles when you put it on that kind of makes your eyes stand out a little. I quite like that effect. The eye cream is moisturising and I think it is worth the amount you pay.

I have only used one other eye cream - the Clinique Repairwear Intensive Eye Cream. For the difference in price and the effectiveness I would definitely choose this one. The Clinique is twice as expensive as this one and yet seems to have the same effect. Sometimes I wonder if we even need an eye cream anyways.

My only problem with this product is the packaging. It squeezes out too much and it stays on the nozzle. The next time I put the cream on I see that the product is dried out on the nozzle and I have to take that off before I can squeeze a new layer of the cream. That is quite bothersome.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/23/2011 4:53:00 PM More reviews by akirana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

A very light cream without much moisturising effect. Absorbs fast, but leaves skin dry. Did not do anything for the very fine lines around my eyes either...
I have rather dry skin because of our northern cold, windy climate.
Definately not a cream for me. Would not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2011 1:30:00 PM More reviews by Mischievous1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been using this on and off for the last couple of months between also using my Avon Anew eye cream. Somehow I keep returning to this. Some eye creams are too greasy around my eyes and don't soak in no matter how much I try to pat it in. I don't have that problem with this cream. It hasn't irritated my eyes or caused little bumps on the skin around my eyes. I find it does make some of the very few lines around my eyes less noticeable. It certainly does smooth them out as it claims to do.
I would definetly repurchase this again especially for the results and the price tag.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2011 8:32:00 PM More reviews by jessicaflox

I got a sample of this form the body shop. Eye cream samples are great, because they last so long. Anyway, the thing that impressed me about this product is that it absorbs into the skin. So many eye products don't absorb at all. Not sure if it has any anti-ageing effects.