November 26, 2014 | 1452 users online

Moisturizers - The Body Shop - Nutriganics Smoothing Night Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2014 9:30:00 AM More reviews by vuvie

I love airless pump. This is good as it doesn't cause any problems for my sensitive, allergic skin.

It is good enough only for that. Not too moisturising, just a tad oily. Don't feel like it adheres to my dry skin. It felt like it just sits on top. Or at least that's how I feel.

Meh~

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2014 1:34:00 PM More reviews by TurtleMoon

As with the day cream in the same range, I liked this. I had a travel sized version to try which was great as my main concern was how my skin would react to it as it's all organic, plant-based ingredients. From previous experience this kind of moisturiser hasn't always suited my overly-sensitive skin and the last thing I wanted was going to bed with red hot, burning skin on my face! But I was pleased to see that it didn't make me have any adverse reactions and my skin actually felt really soft and smooth after use.

The full-sized version (50ml) is 15.00GBP, which for an organic product I think is pretty reasonable. And as you're only using once a day before going to bed, it should last a while too!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2014 2:29:00 AM More reviews by p030jle

I love this product. It keeps my skin smooth and soft like a baby's butt! I have problems with acne still and wanted a moisturizer that was good for my skin and my wallet. This keeps my acne at bay, and I use it day and night. It also has a pump which makes it much more sanitary:)
I love the companies return policy and how honest my BA was with me when I purchased this product. I have been using it for 6 months now and recommend it to my friends.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2013 8:01:00 AM More reviews by ohtobeinparis

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think this product has a lot going for it if you don't have pie-in-the-sky expectations. For example: reasonable price, great packaging, isn't irritating my sensitive skin, provides basic moisture. Is it the greatest moisturizer on earth? Well, no. I'm currently trying EA ceramide capsules for that extra boost we all want (not ready to write a review yet, but, so far, so good) and I use this moisturizer over the capsules. I also like TBS aloe gentle foaming cleanser for night use.
So if you're currently using a serum and moisturizer together and it is too much, but either one alone is too little, this product may be a replacement moisturizer for you.
Oh, BTW, I also use this as an eye cream, works nicely.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2013 3:30:00 AM More reviews by chocflake111

Doesn't feel like this product really does anything for me to see a difference, not particularly moisturizing either. I kind of feel like its making my skin oily and after a while it feels like there's a film wrapped around my face. The packaging, is great and the pump works smoothly. However, I would not buy it full priced.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2013 9:52:00 AM More reviews by Jsirois

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great product. Great consistency, smooth application, a little goes a long way -even though the cream itself is very thick - and within minutes your face is dry. My skin is dry-dehydrated, and the results were great. Packaging: the pump is of superior quality. I would definitely buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2012 3:28:00 PM More reviews by sparkle24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I had a lot of hope for this product because it's almost totally organic and I generally like TBS products a lot. I like the light scent and the consistency of the cream but sadly it is not agreeing with my skin, Sometimes I find it a bit oily (especially in summer) and I wake up in the morning with a greasy face which has caused me to break out a few times. I also bought the eye cream, day cream and the face wash from the same range. Only the face wash is good to my skin but that's another review. The packaging is good with easy to use pumps.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2012 6:34:00 AM More reviews by loisgreener

LOVE IT!
Amazing, wonderful this is my HG Product. This gave me dewyness with out greasy, hydrated, radiant, soothing and beautiful skin.
I have try in the past more lets say chemical based products and it gave me awful reaction and my skin is so much better already it feel like a breath of fresh air honestly...
Packaging is hygenic, smell not too heavily natural. Like some other more natural products that I get sick of.(cough cough dermalogica"don't hate dermalogica just got sick of that certain smell) Has no chemical type ingredients that I PERSONAL don't like.
So if your searching for a more of an organic natural based product this is the one I would highly recommened.
RESULT Beautiful refreshed skin....

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2012 9:47:00 AM More reviews by jessido

This is the first night cream I use, in my 20's I was big on eye cream and staying away from the sun or using sunblock and dealing with acne...it's paying off. Now I have less acne (thank you body shop aloe cleanser) but noticed expression lines on my forehead and when I smile, which is no big deal they're not horrible but this cream has reduced them greatly and my skin loves the overnight moisture it provides. I have combination skin and I apply all over and it hasn't break me out at all. What I did notice is that those rare blackheads I have get trapped and it's hard to get them out after using this cream for a while, it's almost as if they're buried. So maybe get a facial with extractions and then start using this cream. I haven't gotten a facial but I wonder if the esthetician will have a hard time getting them out, ouch.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2011 4:21:00 PM More reviews by taraven87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been really happy with this night cream; I recently moved and haven't unpacked it yet, and I can tell my skin is not as happy with the less expensive tub of basic Neutrogena night cream I picked up. This didn't irritate my sensitive skin, doesn't make my eyes sting, and is moisturizing. I'm not sure if I noticed any specific anti-aging results, but I'm only 24, and my fine lines may not be pronounced enough to really be improved by an anti-aging treatment. I was using this more as a preventative measure. I really like the scent of this, too; it is light and herbal without smelling medicinal. I used this over the serum, and it kept my dry skin moisturized all night, but was not greasy feeling.

Would I buy this again? I have bought the set about 3 times now, and so I've been pleased enough not to stray for that amount of time! I am thinking about trying a different line from The Body Shop just to make sure there isn't one that works better for my skin (I've used the Vitamin C line for the day, but a few of the products from that line irritate my skin). However, this has quickly become my favorite nighttime face moisturizer that I have used, and is the standard that anything new must surpass before replacing this! So yes, I may experiment since I stumbled upon this before too much trial and error, but I have repurchased and will again if I find out that there's nothing I like better.

I feel like before ending this review, I should mention that despite the implications of the ad campaigns and advertised key ingredients, the fact is that not all of the Body Shop's products are 100% natural; some of them have parabens, etc... This isn't a problem for me, since they do feel gentler on my sensitive skin than a lot of other lines, and this isn't something I watch for vigilantly, but I have met people who are disappointed by this, or didn't double-check before purchasing. And another note, they run sales fairly often; sometimes buy 2, get 1 free, and sometimes Any 3 for $30, so if you're concerned about the cost, it is possible to find these for much less than the regular retail price.