October 23, 2014 | 830 users online

Lip Gloss - Cover Girl - NatureLuxe Gloss Balm - Coral

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2012 8:03:00 AM More reviews by rydellpink

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This looks a lot darker in the tube, so don't be scared of the color. It goes on sheer. All in all, I like it. However, I probably won't buy it again (I'm not really loyal to any lip product). It is shimmery, but not overly so.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/4/2012 12:50:00 AM More reviews by helenmelon13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Okay, to be honest, I didn't even look at this product carefully when I bought it... it was purely on impulse :S I thought it was a lip stick, but turned out to be a lip balm - happens to me quite a few times already. Anyways, it's not as bad as I thought, as a lip balm. I like the color, which isn't too bright for a coral color, and can be used everyday. But if I want a bit more color, I have to apply many layers for it to show (side note: it's kind of hard to apply at first). Also, there actually isn't that much shimmer for me to worry about; it isn't that obvious. And finally, since my lips are kind of dark, the color of the lip balm does sort of cover it up and evens my lip color, which is great! So I guess it was not that bad of an "impulse" purchase, but I wouldn't buy it again since I was really looking for a lip stick of that color...

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2011 1:39:00 AM More reviews by marysmith93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I had high hopes for the Natureluxe lip gloss because I've been very pleased with the other products from this line, but I was very disappointed with it from the very first time I put it on. It's way too shimmery, and requires you to put lip balm on before applying it because the lip gloss itself provides little to no moisture. Very disatisfied, ended up throwing it away. Plain cherry chapstick gives better results for alot cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2011 2:05:00 PM More reviews by Cnorthridge

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Really like this product! Love the color and that its subtle!
Just wish it lasted longer....but it is a lip gloss!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2011 6:41:00 PM More reviews by taralynn36

I might try some of the other colors because I do like this line. I like Aneomone or whatever the red one is called. I find the coral to be a really nice color in the tube but it's just not pigmented enough for me. I can see people who prefer a more natural look to really love this because it is a great color. But if you like a lot of pigmentation this one just doesn't have it. At least not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2011 12:36:00 AM More reviews by chrissypoo327

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I received my first tube of this in Anemone as a Bzz Agent (wrote a separate review) ... am so happy I did because I would have NEVER tried it otherwise. I just purchased my fourth one (Tulip) which is a light, neutral/natural pink which really just adds a hint of color. It would be great for times you don't want a heavy look on the lips. I also have it it Muscat and Pinot ... please don't be fooled by the dark color in the tube .. these go on so nice and sheer, but you still get a polished, albeit casual look. I LOVE THEM, and for $6 or $7, who can complain??? I recently tried Revlon's "Just Bitten" lipstain (which I will have to write a separate review on .. suffice to say I like it MUCH more than the other marker types .. much much more. Anyway, to the point, everyone here seems to dislike the balm attached to the Just Bitten, and I can definitely see their point .. you have to be SO careful not to break it off (dumb, dumb, DUMB, Revlon for not making it retractable). So I thought, hmmmm, I wonder how the Naturelux would work over the Just Bitten?? Well, it works marvelously! While Just Bitten is the most natural-looking stain I've used so far, putting the Naturelux balm over it really softens the looks and adds just a little oomph of color. I can't wait to try all the combinations now! LOL

rated 3 of 5 on 6/2/2011 12:01:00 AM More reviews by beelovee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have to say im not a big fan of covergirl products , i received this for a campaign as a buzz agent , and at first i loved it and although I still like it it dries and chaps my lips just a bit. The color is very pretty very shiny and it feels good on the lips but once it dries and you use it continously it makes your lips feel chapped rather than moisturized which it should since its a balm i do however want to try the pink color because its a nice product overall.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2011 1:04:00 AM More reviews by Nickylily

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

As someone with a medium golden yellow skin tone, this lipstick is perfect. it goes on sheer, but still has a warm coral undertone. I love the scent which is like brown sugar and the shine is perfect: not too gloppy and looks natural. Great for tan or warm toned skins wanting a hint of warm color. CG used to have a lipslicks called coral. This new one is not as pigmented and is more of a orange than a brown like the lipsicks one. Just a great product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2011 1:28:00 PM More reviews by fancyxamy

I dont often write reviews for lip products because i am constantly buying them yet rarely finding ones that are particularly exceptional. That being said, I find this "gloss balm" to be an awesome product that is also somewhat unique.

I have this in "coral" which appears to be pure orange with shimmer in the tube. Because I find that coral-ly lip colors brighten up my face, i took a chance on this, having no idea what the pigmentation would be like. I was also sucked in by all the moisturizing ingredients (chronic dry lip sufferer here) and the spf 15 (although uvb protection only).

Verdict? Love it! While very sheer, it offers just the perfect wash of color and subtle shimmer for everyday use. It also feels very creamy and hydrating and lasts a fairly long time, maybe 2 or so hours. Some glosses seem to really emphasize the feeling of the little flakes on my lips and this is one that sortof covers over them, if that makes any sense? Plus I am always a fan of a stick applicator rather than a tube. It's just more convenient and less messy/yucky in my opinion.

Already considering my next shade!