October 22, 2014 | 2090 users online

Makeup Brushes - Smashbox - Foundation Brush

rated 1 of 5 on 5/10/2010 8:27:00 PM More reviews by macbarbiexo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used this brush about a few times before it started to become unusable. The first time I used it I loved it. I had never used another foundation brush, just usually sponges, and I liked it. It was kind of hard to blend with and left streaks on my face no matter how much I blended. I wasn't very rough with the brush and I washed it with brush cleanser, yet for some reason the ends got extremely dry and had like split ends. It came to a point where it hurt my face to use it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2010 10:38:00 PM More reviews by PinkBerryPrincess

I think this is a great brush, but what do I know, I've never used another foundation brush. It doesn't absorb foundation, so you aren't wasting as much as you would with a sponge. It's definitely a good looking brush.I use it with SB Healthy FX oil-free foundation, MUFE HD Photo Finish foundation, MUFE Mat Velvet. Sometimes its leaves streaks, but maybe it's my technique. It leaves streaks whether the brush is clean or dirty. I find it hard to clean, especially the inside bristles. Once you use it, it will never be like new. I used to wash it with Clinique brush cleaner, but I would have to use so much of it. A makeup artist in an Allure magazine article recommended using dish soap for synthetic bristles and baby shampoo for animal hair bristles. Anyway, I would buy this again, but only as a replacement.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2010 7:46:00 AM More reviews by iqaganda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My sis sent me this from USA so I have no idea how much this costs. Also, I have the travel version of this brush it's very useful. Actually, I don't use this as a Foundation Brush since it's small. I use this for applying my eye concealer instead and it works very well for me! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2009 3:44:00 PM More reviews by carmenners

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation brush! Since I don't really wear cream/liquid foundation (oily skin sucks), I use this brush to blend in my concealer, and I really like it. I would repurchase this brush!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2009 4:48:00 PM More reviews by AthleticTrainer

This was the first foundation brush that I ever purchased and it is still going strong today! This brush has synthetic hairs, as do most foundation brushes of this type. It is a paddle-type foundation brush. When washing the brush, I do not experience any bristles that fall out or splay out when the brush dries. The brush applies foundation and blends it easily into the skin. I apply foundation in small downward strokes, or by using long strokes in vertical and horizontal motions to blend when I'm in a hurry. I have really bad acne scarring on my cheeks, so sometimes I use this brush to apply concealer to large areas. It works wonderfully for that also. Another use for this brush is to apply cream/gel blush. It picks up just enough and blends out the blush to a healthy flush without streaks. I also use this brush to apply my foundation primer. By using this brush to apply my primer, it eliminates any possible streaking of the foundation. It's available at your local Smashbox counter, Sephora, Ulta, or online at smashbox.com for $34.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2009 1:44:00 AM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This brush is a keeper. I got it in a kit and normally pass on foundation brushes. I have used other foundation brushes from other brands and been disappointed. Had the kit's directions not said to use it, I probably would not have touched it. This brush is great. It is soft and very easy to clean. Dries quickly. I have found it a very multi-purpose brush. I can use it to apply concealer, foundation, and the photo op brightener. Very good buy. Would advise to anyone especially if you are not a big fan of brushes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2009 12:28:00 PM More reviews by zoomusicgrrrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

A lovely foundation brush - the best I've used. The bristles are soft and fine textured, and it has far fewer than some of those awkward thick brushes I've tried. I find it much easier to get smooth, even coverage with a less densely bristled brush like this - even though it's marginally more time consuming to apply foundation with wispy little strokes.
It's also good looking (er, for a brush, that is!), with a sleek red shiny handle that's of a convenient length and diameter.
Plus, I bought the brush on sale - what's not to love?!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2009 12:22:00 AM More reviews by Jbluver

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is THE ONLY high-end makeup brush I have. In fact, the only GOOD brush I have. However, I REALLY REALLY like this brush! I have used/borrowed some other high-end brushes, but I really do like this one. It IS expensive at $34, but it is definitely worth it. I use it for my foundation (obviously) and the brush is EXTREMELY soft and applies very nicely. It is a little bit difficult to clean w/ soap and water, but it may just be my method that makes it tricky. Occasionally it can apply streaky, but overall if you take care of it, it will be phenomenal!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2009 2:02:00 PM More reviews by Cosmeticjunkie87

I really like the idea of the foundation brush... This helps my make-up og on smoothly and I like it alot. Sometimes, it separates a bit and goes on streaky. But all in all i like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2009 6:30:00 PM More reviews by amarinesluv

I got this as a x-mas present in a starter box set and I love it!! I use it to blend my concealer as well as my foundation, its super soft and easy to clean. Also, it hasn't shed one bit. I probably wouldn't of bought it though, but I do recommend it.