December 21, 2014 | 1186 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Palette - Comfort Zone

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2014 1:46:00 PM More reviews by TRACYWILSON225

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Awesome palette that I got on sale at Walgreen's for $2.50. Great texture and huge color payoff. I wish they would have included a few matte colors instead of all pearlized. I will never pay high dollar for makeup anymore. All of the W&W colors give those other high dollar companies a run for their money.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2014 8:20:00 PM More reviews by budenden01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am really in love with wet n wild especially this pallette! This is my first eyeshadow pallette and i did not made any mistake for choosing this as my first eyeshadow ever.. Now i have lots of wet n wild eyeshadow collection than high end shadows.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2014 11:50:00 AM More reviews by Andie97

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

If you want to have just 1 go to eyeshadow palette, this would be the one to get! This has such beautiful wearable shades, mostly neutrals (beiges, browns, greeens). There are some lovely highlight shades. The shadows are very pigmented, buttery smooth, and have a satin but not glittery finish. The lower right duo-chrome shade is one of the most beautiful and unique eyeshadow shades I have ever used. I got mine in a trio pack, with an eyeliner and a mascara for only $5! The only con is the bulky, unattractive shape of the palette. It's so big and square, it's not really that portable. The shadows do break easily if you drop the palette, so be careful when using and/or traveling. Otherwise, this is the only palette I ever need in makeup bag, and is my daily go-to!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2014 8:27:00 AM More reviews by Divandria

Great Palette on a budget... A must have IMO!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2014 11:30:00 PM More reviews by tannegray

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this for the 3rd time at Walmart today and I'm so happy to have it back in my make up bag! I've tried many different shadows throughout the years and so far this has been my all time favorite pallet. Every shadow is very pigmented and typically lasts 7-8 hours on my lids WITHOUT primer. Definitely the pallet for you if you're looking for a neutral look.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2014 9:52:00 PM More reviews by lilinah

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The colors in this look so nice, and the price was right, so i picked it up, along with a couple other WnW palettes.

Makes my eyes feel like they're on fire!!! I used to have this sort of problem in the 1970s, but haven't for at least 20 years, so it was quite a shock.

And all the other WnW e/s palettes do the same. I won't be buying WnW palettes again, i can't stand the pain.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2014 1:09:00 AM More reviews by loveintheasylum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this from allcosmeticswholesale.com for $5 and was so ready to try it when I got it, because so many reviews from MUAlley-ers and youtube gurus can't be wrong, right? They're not, because all the colors are lovely: Before I begin, these are not matte at all, there's a somewhat metalic sheen to them. Top left: a buttery pale yellow, 2nd left: a peachy bronze, 3rd left: a pale bordering on gold kinda bronze, bottom left: darker bronze with microflecs of red in it. Top right: a pale taupe, 2nd right: sage, 3rd right: a dark smokey sage, and bottom right: a color that was my fav because its unexplainable - a dark, duochrome blueish-green; if you got an imagination like I do, it would remind you of the scales on a mermaid tail, very pretty color. I rubbed them on each finger, and then on my left arm - soft, gorgeous and VERY pigmented; took some elbow grease to get them off. They looked fantastic against my NC 45-50 skin, but uh- on my face was another story. They say earth tones flatter us darker women, but not me. :( If these colors were more deep and richer, I'd look fantastic but I just looked ill and washed out. I made the mistake of trying this pallette when I went out on a date and I was "friendzoned" LOL, albeit I was, I doubt the eyeshadow had anything to do with it. I'm sure it looks amazing on other women, but yeah, no. Not this one, not for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2014 4:26:00 AM More reviews by complete

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think Wet n Wild have come out with some eyeshadows for a great price. I didn't like these only because the colors didn't work for me. They just don't look good on me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2014 2:37:00 PM More reviews by riotkitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

If you want some great inexpensive neutral shimmers try this palette. I would not recommend it for an all in one palette though as there is just too much shimmer. I pair this with my matte neutral Viseart palette and I get polished looks that don't look to flat or blown out by shimmer. Most of the shades in this palette are pretty and wearable. The star of the palette is the definer colore on the right side, a reddish brown with a blue duochrome. I don't have anything like it and its beautiful. Also, the the browbone color on the right reminds me of Urban Decay Verve but not as metallic.

This palette does have some cons though. The reddish dark brown definer color on the left and the greenish/gold speckled crease color on the right look kind of similar when swatched and look really similar on the eye. The top left browbone has a bit of a flakey finish. Its fine as a highlight but not the best. For these reasons I deducted a lippie but even with those cons the palette is still a bargain for what you get.

I tried these shadows with both Nars eye primer and NYX HD eye primer and they looked good and vibrant with both and lasted all day.

The packaging is cheap as expected but the eyeshadows can be depotted and put in a better palette.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2014 9:19:00 PM More reviews by childofthebarricade

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

After I got this palette, I told someone that I felt I'd won the freaking lottery. One side has lovely, warm-toned nude colors that can compete with the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette, and the other side has a slightly riskier row of 4 shadows involving some green, brownish charcoal, and a brown that has a fascinating pearly blue sheen to it. Wet N' Wild has stamped each color with its traditional use as well as diagrammed their uses on the back, making it easier for both newbies to figure out the nudes and those who would like to be a little riskier to learn to apply the others.

I wasted my money a while back on Ulta's in-store line eyeshadows. Their line used to be an affordable, quality step between cheaper drugstore brands and the higher-end brands like Urban Decay, but their formula (for more than just the eyeshadows) must have changed. It's become barely pigmented to the point that I had to toss them. They were useless.

I also was given a massive palette of ELF eyeshadows - somewhere around 150 eyeshadows - and I had the same problem. ELF is a hit or miss brand. (I also had almost half of the eyeshadows break within the packaging by accidentally bumping it with my elbow.) And while their smaller palettes may work better, the failures and losses of the Ulta and ELF eyeshadows left me with almost nothing.

I took a chance on the Wet 'N Wild palette, because it contained the basics that I needed. I was incredibly happy to find that I'd lucked out and bought eyeshadow that was lovely, perfectly creamy, pigmented, and I'd gotten all that for $5.

Now if you'll pardon me, I have to go buy every other palette they've got.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No