Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Palette - Comfort Zone

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Dimethicone, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Magnesium Stearate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Nylon-12, Boron Nitride, Caprylyl Glycol, Polyethylene, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Glycerin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Silica, [ /- (MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR): Black 2/CI 77266, Bronze Powder/CI 77400, Carmine/CI 75470, Chromium Oxide Greens/CI 77288, Ferric Ferrocyanide/CI 77510, Iron Oxides/CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Mica, Titanium Dioxide/CI 77891]

These eyeshadows are very pigmented and pretty but I have a hard time with this brands formula. I know everyone loves them but they are sooo soft to me. The spread almost too easily and my oily lids eat it up :( I would have loved for these to work because the price is so unbeatable!

This palette is amazing! Not just for the price of $4.99 but just in general! You get an array of shimmery neutral and green eyeshadows that are all pigmented. There's a sparkly yellow-ivory color, a beautiful metallic rose gold, a slightly shimmery brown, a really dark brown with red sparkles, a gorgeous metallic green-champagne color, a shimmery medium green, a really dark green with gold sparkles (probably the weakest shade but still decent), and the best shade of the palette imo which is the ever so popular duochrome shadow with a red-brown base and has blue shimmer in some angles. I loveeee this last shade, it's ridiculously soft and pigmented. My favorite shades are that one, the green-champagne, and the rose gold because they're just so metallic and smooth in texture. If you don't have this and need some shimmery/metallic eyeshadow, I think this palette is the best bang for your buck.

I absolutely love this palette! I purchased it after reading lots of positive reviews and reviews stating that every shade is a dupe for a mac shadow. I was very impressed right off the bat with the entire palette, the shadows are very soft and intensely pigmented. They are all shimmery, which I like, and I think this helps them blend well with each other. Even if you are a big fan of matte shadows, you could still use this palette for highlights, defining, or just a little pop of color on the lid. I use them on top of my liquid concealer which I use all over my lid and under eye area as I get pretty bad dark circles - this is a necessity to me. I'm not sure if the concealer is working as a primer and helping the colors stay put (the consistency is similar to a primer) as I have never used the shadows without anything underneath, but these colors stay on boldly ALL DAY. Seriously. Even the dark ones (like my personal fave, the beautiful dark green/aubergine two tone in the bottom right corner) stay heavily pigmented, do not smear, and most importantly to me, don't crease. I have deep set eyes and so many eye shadows crease on me, I hate it. So many shadows end up stripey by the end of the day. Not these! None of the colors crease at all, even when I've fallen asleep in them :) I have also used these shadows wet, and WOW, they look even more powerful (especially the rose gold second down on the left, and the definer in the bottom right). The shadows also stand up to a wet brush, and weren't damaged or changed at all by me using them like this. This really is a beautiful palette, great value for money, a nice combination of unusual earth tones and more common neutrals, and you can make quite a variety of looks from it. When I've travelled and taken only one palette with me, I have chosen this palette as I can do something with it for whatever mood I'm in. I highly recommend this, especially for green eyed women as I find it really brings out my greens :)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Comfort Zone is a palette full of neutrals and darks. All of these shades have some shimmer while it is more noticible in some, it isn't too bad in most of the shadows. The beige browbone shade doesn't look shimmery but used as a browbone/highlight shade it has noticible shimmer and I don't like that. It looks too seventies and dated. I'd rather have all of these mattes instead. While I love the formula on these I don't reach for this ever. They are well pigmented and blend well. They do build up somewhat, but aren't quite the quality you'd find in an Urban Decay or Lorac shadow. But this also isn't the price of those either. I have had this for over 2 years and you can still read the imprints in the shadows on every single one. It's not that I don't like this, it's just that I am really fair skinned and with the exception of 3 shades these are all really deep and dramatic on me. I can only use the beige, the mushroom shade next to it and the lightest brown right below the beige color. So out of all 8 pans, only two browbone shades and 1 eyelid shade are really wearable for me. I'd love this palette just like everyone else if I were able to wear most of the colors in this for everyday. This will do a great smokey eye on me though. My favorite shade is the definer shade that looks like a dark cranberry color. It's really deep and dark on me and I use it as a liner/definer sometimes. I just don't reach for the palette. I appreciate that these are labeled with suggested use and when I was a beginner with makeup I really needed and used that guidance. Now, I do what I want with the colors I like, regardless of what they are labeled in the package. This is such an affordable palette and it's still part of the core line of cosmetics. If you are very pale and light like me, this may not work well for you. I think this is best suited to a darker complexion than I have. I would not purchase this again and it simply isn't the best suited for my fair complexion, but the product was great and it's worth buying if the colors are suitable for you. This is a fantastic 8 pan palette overall.

Skin: Other, Olive, Neutral

This is a good staple to have in your beauty nook because the formula is awesome, the colors are pigmented, and the price is unbeatable. The color in the pan translates much different on the lid. If your patient you can find this on sale and not pay the $4.99, but even if you did it would take a while to get through it. The only reason I didn't give it 5 lippies is because there are no matte transitions colors.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Wet n' Wild eye shadows always seem to be a win in my book! This palette was about $4-$5 and you get 8 really nice shadows! I bought it for a friend as well and she seems to like it just as much as I do! The shadows aren't chalky (they're actually kind of creamy and soft) and they're quite pigmented and smooth to apply. Just one swipe on a brush or finger will get you a lot of product, so apply a little at a time!
They're not too glittery and you won't find chunks of glitter in the shadows. I also have a similar Wet n' Wild pallet in Petal Pusher, which is also one of my favorites! It has such nice purple, pinks and brown shadows in it that really compliment each other and bring out brown and green eyes really well! This pallet in Comfort Zone has really nice earthy, natural shadows and it will work well on any eye color. I highly recommend this to beginners because it's a really good palette to experiment with and not to mention, it's a bang for your buck! This palette would be good for any makeup lover who just wants good quality eyeshadows for a good price! You can do so many looks with these shadows! Smokey or natural makeup is definitely achievable with the light to dark range of colors! If I haven't already said it enough in this review, I highly recommend this to anyone :)

I flipping love this palette. The colors are unexpectedly pigmented, creamy, and long-lasting. I originally bought it for the bottom right color, which is a dupe for an Urban Decay shadow, but I ended up loving almost all of the colors. Buy it, it's a fantastic value!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This palette is awesome, I bought it a few years ago and had it tucked away and forgot I had it. I kept hearing people talk about it and review it and remembered that I had it and absolutely fell in love. It's about $5, which is why picked it up without really thinking twice (and subsequently forgot that I had it). There are eight shades and I absolutely love 6/8 of the shades. Keep in mind that you should definitely use a primer with these. The individual colors are so beautiful that I love to use them singularly as a wash of color going just above the crease, rather than doing any sort of contour or multiple color blending- especially with the top 4 colors of the palette.

Top left (white/cream)- It's the lightest color of the pallette, it's a really great highlight shade. It's a little chalky, but if you work with it it's fine. Not my favorite shade of the palette, but I still use it.

Top Right (light grey)- This is my favorite FAVORITE eyeshadow right now, not only on this palette, but of every eyeshadow I own. It's such a nice "pastel" grey with a light golden sheen, and it looks so nice on my super fair skin. I have a dior shadow that is very similar, but I like this one so much more. It's also so smooth and easy to work with.

2nd down left (pink/apricot)- This one is also really nice, it's a dusty rose/apricot pink with the same golden shimmer as the grey one. Also very smooth, and feels super high end.

2nd down right (green)- I don't wear greens often at all, so this shade is pretty neglected, but it doesn't make it any less lovely. The quality feels the same as grey and pink, and once again, shares that golden sheen. It's not an in your face green, it's very olive and muted. As I'm typing this the more I want to introduce it into my routine, even though I don't wear green. It just feels that nice, and it swatched beautifully on my arm.

3rd down left (bronze)- It's a copper penny colored bronze with the perfect amount of shimmer. This one doesn't blend quite as easily as the top 4 shades, but for the price it's fine.

3rd down right (black with gold shimmer)- This one is a miss. It's not very pigmented and doesn't blend well. The payoff of the gold is pretty bad.

Bottom left (black with bronze shimmer)- Same as the last one- it looks almost identical. The shimmer doesn't show up. These two shades are definitely a reminder that this IS wet n wild, not a high end palette.

Bottom right (brown/blue-green duochrome)- This is definitely the star of the palette. It's a beautiful brown with an intense blue-green reflective sheen. I've never used MAC blue-brown, but I've seen this swatched next to it, and it's literally identical. Even when the shimmer wears off the brown is really pretty. The brown is on the reddish side, and I personally really like it. I don't wear it often, but if I want a fun unique color I go to this.

Overall this palette is really great, and such good quality for your money. They last a really long time if you use a primer, and sometimes I like to spray my brush with a setting spray (such as fix +) for even more color payoff and shimmer. The two black shades are a miss for me, but I personally already have so many black shadows that I'm not too bummed about that considering the rest of the palette is so beautiful. Once I run out of the grey shade I'll definitely be repurchasing it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I finally picked this up after hearing so much hype about it, and it's by far the best drugstore palette I've tried! These shades are creamy and super easy to blend. However the green shade isn't as pigmented as the others, and the cream coloured highlight shade is slightly chalkier. But that duo-chrome shade is stunning!

Even without an eyeshadow primer these shadows lasted a solid 10 hours on me before they started getting a little muddy looking. And no creasing at all (I don't have oily lids though). Only thing that would make this palette better would be adding in a matte shade or two.

Definitely makes me want to go out and buy more from Wet n' Wild. And for under $10 Canadian this is a steal!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

THE best drugstore eyeshadow palette out there. The pigmentation is on point and the colours are beautiful. All slightly shimmery, but trust me, I've used the browns in my crease and somehow the shimmer makes your eyes look glowing and not glittery. The pops of green in additional to the beautiful creams and browns make this the ideal palette for brown eyed girls. In particular, this palette is great for yellow toned asian skin like mine because it brings out the warmth of my skin instead of making it look plastic and sallow as a lot of satin shadows do. I recommend using the palette across both columns, green lid with green crease isn't the best combination (looks great in the palette design though). The bottom right definer shade is duochrome, brown with some teal, grey, green and reddish flecks. It's beautiful in the crease, but if you're daring, try it all over the lid for some SERIOUS smokey eye action. The highlight shades are perfect for warm looks.

The packaging is pretty cheap looking, but honestly for the price you pay, I'm just happy that it snaps shut tightly and is sturdy. The transparent front actually makes this palette particularly yummy looking because all the beautiful shadows are on display once you look at it.

The best thing is the fallout for this palette, compared to other drugstore (super glittery) eyeshadows, is basically non-existent, which pleased me greatly since so many drugstore shadows are chunky, glittery and get everywhere. A beautiful palette through and through

Video Reviews & Tutorials