Physicians Formula Eye Booster 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner + Serum

4.4

WATER. ETHYLHEXYL ACRYLATE/METHYL METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER. BUTYLENE GLYCOL. SD ALCOHOL 40. BEHENETH-30. AMMONIUM ACRYLATES/METHYL STYRENE/STYRENE COPOLYMER. GLYCERIN. MYRISTOYL PENTAPEPTIDE-17. 1,2-HEXANEDIOL. ACRYLATES/OCTYLACRYLAMIDE COPOLYMER. CAPRYLYL GLYCOL. ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN. PENTYLENE GLYCOL. POLYGLYCERYL-3 DISILOXANE DIMETHICONE. PHENOXYETHANOL. SODIUM HYDROXIDE. DISODIUM EDTA. BLACK 2.

on 7/7/2015 6:18:00 PM

I am one of those people who obsessively researches makeup before I buy. I am relatively new to makeup and have tried many different types of liners: pencil, gel pencil, felt tip, liquid brush, gel pot, etc. etc. I decided a pen-type would be the best, and narrowed my choices down to three top-rated ones: Stila Stay All Day, Kat Von D Tattoo Liner, and this PF 2-in-1 Eye Booster Eyeliner and Serum. I've swatched the first two in Sephora and they are pretty nice. But since they are pricey, I thought I'd try the PF one first since it's drugstore. When I uncapped the pen (which is a beautiful, elegant, slim silver), I gasped a little because I did not expect such a fine, precise brush tip. Looked just like the high end ones. The package says to shake a little before applying, which I did, and then set about doing a wing. I was so shocked that it drew such a black, solid, thin, thin line. No skipping, no dragging. The perfect amount of product comes out. I did my wings in about 30 seconds for each eye. Wham bam. I have not had the experience others say they have had with the pen drying up after the first eye. I applied at about 10 a.m. and by 10 p.m., it still looked exactly the same. Maybe a tiny bit of fading at the outermost corners because of my eyes tearing or whatnot. But not very noticeable unless I pull up my lids and go inspecting with a magnifying glass, which no one except yourself would! Also drew a swatch on the back of my hand, let it dry, and it took several rounds of hand washing before it finally came off. I didn't have a problem removing with Sonia Kashuk eye makeup remover. My waterproof mascara gives me a harder time with removal than this PF eyeliner. Don't know if I ever will get around to trying the high end ones because this one fulfills all my needs.

on 7/6/2015 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have oily hooded eyelids and this eyeliner is one of the few that can handle the wear. I tested this without an eye primer and this eyeliner still managed to hang on without giving me raccoon eyes.

CONS:
price is much more expensive compared to other drugstore brands
black is not the blackest

PROS:
long lasting
thin and precise applicator
smear proof

on 7/2/2015 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Bought this liner after reading all the rave reviews. I was new to makeup at the time and found it really easy to use.When I started out I just did ultra thin liner, which the pen did really well. It can make really precise lines if you want it to. This liner was really black and pigmented, UNTIL i used it on my mother's very oily lids and it stopped working, I had to run it back and forth on the back of my hand to get it working again. I personally havent had this problem though.

It doesn't smudge or transfer which is a godsend for my hooded eyes. It does flake a teeny bit, and I find that the color fades at the end of the day. It removes really easily too. I would not buy it again just because I am looking for something more long lasting and flake/fade proof. Still, it's a great liner from the drugstore and very easy to use.

on 7/2/2015 11:19:00 AM

I cannot say how many of these I have purchased. I always have a backup or two- whenever there is a sale at Ulta or something I will pick one of these up. My favorite color is ultra black. I've tried all three colors and brown was my least favorite; it was not a blackened brown but a true medium brown. Definitely not dark enough for my liking. I wear contacts and these do not run into my eyes and create that oily film, which is a huge issue with me with eye makeup in general (mostly with liners). I love the packaging and I love the tip and I love the formula. It is by far the easiest liner to draw a precise thin line or do a wing easily. When I first started using this I was not using any lash growth products and this liner alone, used consistently over a period of about a month really did make a difference in my lashes. It wasn't as dramatic as the results I got with actual lash growth serums but there was a noticeable improvement.

on 7/2/2015 10:28:00 AM

Only bought it because I wanted a hypoallergenic eyeliner but it's the best eyeliner I've ever used, easy to apply, the tip doesn't dry out easily and it's easy to draw neat flicks. Most importantly for me, I'm allergic to most eyeliners but I can wear this one all day no problems, no redness, itching, nothing.

on 6/6/2015 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I really LOVE this but only in ultra black!! It's very easy to use specially for a precise wingline. I love using this in the morning before work because it's so easy and fast also if I mess up I can easy correct it with a q tip without making my eyeliner look smudgy. I really recommend this specially for beginners with eyeliner or those who are having trouble getting that straight line.

on 6/4/2015 2:15:00 PM

Even though, I have oily skin and allergies, this eyeliner does stay in place, however it can flake if applied on lashes, if you put too little on or if you use a eyelash curler after you apply it. The brush applicator is a bit stiff and requires a very steady hand. I bought the ultra black and it shows up well.

I didn't give it 5 stars because there is a Japanese eyeliner (Canmake Hyper Slim Gel Eyeliner 01) that is my HG, but I can only get it on Amazon.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

HG LINER! This stuff is amazing. It's super pigmented, very precise, does not give you racoon eyes, and helps grow your lashes. My eyes are very watery, and most liners run and transfer to my bottom lash line which smudges everywhere, but not this one! It's on the pricer end for drugstore, but definitely worth it especially if you can find it on sale. Run out and buy this immediately!

Really impressed with this! I have it in the ultra black color. Doing a cat eye is so easy with this. The product itself is a nice dark black color but the packaging is really what makes this easy to use. It's a fine felt tip pen. It's very easy to create a thin line or a thick one depending on the look you want. It is pricey but just watch out for sales and you can snag this for under $10. My only complaint is it claims to be waterproof and it clearly is not. It lasts on me through a normal day but I wouldn't say it's long wearing or anything. Also it has a bogus claim about boosting your eyelashes, which it doesn't. Overall a great product though and I would repurchase.

on 4/29/2015 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I received this for free from someone who didn't want it for whatever reason. The pen is black unlike the one in the photo but still the same product. I first tried it on lower lids but it was awful and just went straight into my eyes. It's not a liner for that, but for upper lids, this is amazing. It's really wet but the felt tip is super fine so you can get really precise. Layering doesn't cause problems because it just blends into and dries evenly. Stays on all day, for about 10+hours for me.

Seriously awesome product that I thought I was going to hate since I don't use liquid liners. Washes off clean with soap or a makeup remover. Not sure about the price, just guessing based on previous experience with PF, it's likely on the expensive side. I will definitely purchase in the future.