December 20, 2014 | 1334 users online

Lips - Make Up For Ever - Aqua Cream 9

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2012 5:40:00 PM More reviews by CiaraAinsley

Pros

-extremely pigmented!
-extremely long wearing!
-little goes a long, long way- therefore it's a good value.

Cons

-big chunks of silver glitter. I bought this as a basic coral pigment... silver glitter is NOT what I was bargaining for.
-I find the texture a bit stiff and difficult to blend. Put it on before foundation so you don't smudge your whole face when you rub it whilst trying to sheer it out OR mix with Vaseline/moisturizer to make it much more creamy and easy to work with. Unlike the previous reviewer, I found mixing with lip balm or patting it in a thin, sheer layer on the lips worked well.

Bottom line- if you are looking for the same thing I was- a basic coral pigment to use for lips, cheeks, color correction, etc. the glitter would preclude its being at all useful. However- I still use it very often! Mixed with moisturizer/Vaseline/lip balm it's still a lovely cheek and lip color. I even put it on my temple area, the hollows of my cheeks, and bridge of my nose for a very natural blushing look.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2011 2:39:00 PM More reviews by hazakaza

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this color and this product overall. However, don't expect to put it on your lips--I honestly find that on the lips, it is incredibly dry and it looks very bizarre and chalky, like there's too much white in it. It covers up my fairly pigmented lips and makes them actually lighter in color than they are. Not to mention the fact that this product is incredibly drying--and I say this as a person who loves stiffer, dryer, matte lipsticks. Applied very, very sheerly, it goes patchy; applied with lip balm, it collects in the creases of my lips and shows up every imperfection. I'm fairly certain it's unusable as a lip product, so don't expect that from this one.

But I still love this product a LOT, because it's possibly the best blush I've ever used. It's pigmented, holds onto my oily skin FOREVER, blends out nice and sheer before locking down, and really brightens up my face in a fantastic way. I'm somewhere around an NW25-30, with a lot of yellow in my complexion and a bit of redness in my cheeks that I cover up with foundation. I do NOT like glitter, and this does have a little bit of it, but not so much that I turn into a glitterbomb when it's blended. I hate shiny face and shiny cheeks, and this is my new favorite blush.

Also: it's not listed as eye-safe, but I have given it a try on my eyelids. The color is very bright but, again, can be blended out, and it wears very well both over primer and under eyeshadow. Honestly, I adore this stuff, and I'm definitely going to buy more.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/27/2011 6:18:00 AM More reviews by mistylovesnikras

I was initially elated when I saw the gorgeous vibrant coral shade of this Aqua cream. It was my first time with an Aqua Cream and I had been hearing great things about them all year. So, I opened the jar which was much more smaller in person than I imagined. I envisioned them being something like the size of a MAC paint pot or something but the jar is smaller. However, I can tell that one of these will last you a long, long time because such little amount is needed to get the job done. Okay back to my horror..there was GLITTER in it. Flakes of glitter. Now, 9 is according to their website one of the creams formulated for lips and cheeks. So why, why MUFE..WHY would you ever think it was a good idea to throw glitter in a lip product. This is not a Cher music video for crying out loud! I would like to say it got better from there but it only got worse. These are formulated for lips if you are longing for your childhood days of playing in tempra paint. These are very, very dry on the lips. I will say that if you apply lip balm either under or over these, that will save the product. Honestly, if this had no damn glitter in it I would love it, kiss it, and sleep with it near my pillow because the color is simply stunning. I hate it when good concepts go bad and this seems to be the case with this shade.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No