Almay Get Up and Grow

3.5

Aqua (Water), Paraffin, Stearic Acid, Cera Alba ((Beeswax) Cire D'Abeille), Isododecane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Hydrogenated Polycyclopentadiene, C30-45 Alkyl Dimethicone, Cera Carnauba ((Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax) Cire de Carnauba), Trisiloxane, Triethanolamine, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Bis-Vinyl Dimethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, Hydrogenated Olive Oil Stearyl Esters, Isosteareth-200 Linoleate, Acacia Senegal Gum, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein/PVP Crosspolymer, Phytantriol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Nylon-6, Simethicone, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Black 2 (CI 77266), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499).

on 5/17/2015 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I love this brush!! Great size, great shape. I use it for some of my other mascaras when their brushes are bad.

That's the only reason I keep it though. It's super flaky and doesn't really *do* much. After a few coats it looks okay, but it can't hold a curl and it comes off in flakes throughout the day.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have Almay Get Up & Grow Mascara in Blackest Black & it cost $6. This is a great everyday mascara that defined & lengthened my eyelashes without clumping. It's not at all dramatic, but not so subtle that you can't tell I have anything ona natural effect. If you're a diva in everyday life, you won't like this! It's definitely your daytime/everyday mascara. The brush was a little hard for me to use at first because of how big it is. By that I don't mean the bristles are long. It's an inch long & shaped something like an hourglass. The brush & the formula work well together & I like this product a lot. Finally, something I took note of is how easy it came off at the end of the night. I used a makeup removing wipe & all the product came off quickly & painlessly. I highly recommend.

on 12/27/2014 6:59:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This is good quality mascara which gave my lashes a nice fan effect, decent volume and length, but nothing over the top. I like the packaging and the brush, although I found the formula to be too dry. After two weeks, this already became difficult to apply due to the dryness of the formula which is why I'm only giving it 3 lippies.

I follow BeautyBroadcast on YouTube, and she likes this product. I'm all for drugstore items and generally have good luck with Almay, so I was happy to try this one.

Thankfully, no irritating smell and it doesn't make my lashes crunchy. I tend to like thicker formulas and fluffy brushes so this was good but.they way it is packaged does not allow the excess mascara to come off the wand very well. Then, after a month maybe, it starts to get really bad and when you pull the applicator wand out, there are clumps of mascara. At this point, the formula seemed to make my lashes stick together like spider lashes.

The wand itself doesn't do much for lift/curl. It did make my lashes look fuller/thicker but then after a month, the formula inside the tube started to get thick and clumpy. Will not buy again, now testing out IT cosmetics mascara instead.

on 11/18/2014 11:51:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

This mascara is great for everyday. Everything I dislike about mascara doesnt exist with this mascara!

I have problem with my lashes being dry and falling off when removing mascara so thats why I stopped wearing mascara until I found this. I also have problem with waterproof mascara when I try to remove it because no matter what I always wake up with panda eyes.

It also claims to make lashes stronger and healthier while using it which is something I wish all mascara has.

Formula: It is on the drier side and thick.
- Very light classic mascara scent
- It is waterproof
- anti-breakage pro-vitamin formula defends against damage for healthy, stronger lashes
- Doesnt flake and seperates lashes very well
- Leaves lashes soft
-Isnt sticky and uncomfortable to wear

Wand: Very dense fibre brush. The brush is longer at the base near the wand which is good for reaching into the sides of the lashes.

Lasting power: Last all day
- I can remove the mascara completely with cleansing water but takes a little effort.

Curl your lashes and apply one nice coat and youre good to go for an everyday look.

Tip: Wipe the mascara wand so there isnt excess mascara and let each layer dry before applying more or it can start to look thick and clumpy.

on 11/7/2014 10:47:00 AM

This isn't the worlds greatest mascara, but it is a good mascara. I tend to switch things up a LOT when it comes to mascara, but once mine runs out I can definitely see myself repurchasing this in the future (especially since Almay tends to run really good coupons)

on 9/18/2014 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

this review will be short. i saw this on youtube and she raved about it. i bought it and i have nothing special to say about this mascara except that its nothing special and even though its waterproof it gave me the most horrendous raccoon eyes ever (oily lids gal). returned to ulta!

on 9/13/2014 11:29:00 PM

Nothing life changing about this mascara but it does make you look great. It adds volume and length and is a great staple mascara!

on 6/22/2014 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This mascara really adds fullness. I can't attest to the actual growth of my lashes, but they LOOK like they have more volume and oomph. I apply this after a coat of Maybelline's Lash Discovery (it has a micro brush which I think makes my second coat of mascara, Almay's Get Up and Grow, look amazing).

on 6/6/2014 6:12:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I cannot attest to any "growth" aspects to this mascara as I think that's bunk - it DOES lengthen really nicely, though, so it at least makes you look as though your lashes have grown. It gives a very natural effect - nice separation, no clumping, not much in the volume department but that's fine with me for day wear. I had no eye irritation or smudging or flakies with this. The price is hard to beat, too.

Video Reviews & Tutorials