July 30, 2014 | 2004 users online

Polishes - China Glaze - hey sailor

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2013 10:32:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I had a mani /pedi yesterday and I brought my own color into the salon... it was this shade!

since August, I started on my plum/blackberry/noir nails and I really felt I wanted a slight change.. charged up, bright and sexy.

this is all of that and more. a gorgeous red with no blue/fuschia tones, smooth application, quick dry and great shine.

I have worn this in spring/summer and it's got good lasting power -- a week tops without major chipping.. so I assume this time it will be the same.

love the shade/texture.. a very 50's red.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2013 9:06:00 PM More reviews by flagpoling

Definitely, definitely one of my favorite shades of red! I'm usually not one to actively seek red nail polish (the color is a bit daring), but after a bit of necessary enabling and prodding from friends, I ended up taking this one home.

The Good:
1. A beautiful, classy shade of red that is both bright/youthful and confident/sexy. Not the edgiest, but eye-catching and cute nonetheless.
2. The bottle cap is easy to grab onto when spreading the polish, fits snug in your fingers for good control.
3. The consistency of the polish is nice and liquidy and application is smooth and simple.
4. It is very affordable for the quality!
5. Two thin coats, or one thick one is able to get the job done. The polish is on the more opaque side.

The Bad:
1. A little prone to chipping (compared to, say, OPI or Deborah Lippman). I had on both top and base coat and two layers of this, and was very sad when I found my nails chipped after a weekend of light chores/handling a few dishes.
2. The brush itself is thin, so it's difficult to get your nails painted in three neat strokes. (But thankfully, the polish dries on the slower side/doesn't streak as quickly so a few extra strokes is not the end of the world!)
3. The nail polish takes forever and a day to dry. I waited four hours for two medium layers to air-dry and when I poked them, they still weren't solid. The next time I painted them, I did one coat one day, then waited the next morning for my next coat + top coat. This time the second coat dried much faster.

Overall, great everyday product! Was very happy to find this. While I wouldn't depend on this one for all my Red Polish occasions in the future, I would certainly feel something lacking if I didn't have it in my collection for emotional support. :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2013 9:11:00 AM More reviews by nurfitras

OHHH this is my favorite bright red color out of every red polishes! Great formula and very great opacity, I just need 1 coat and it's puuuurrrfect! China Glaze also has this quite thin brush so it really helps to color your side nails neatly. Totally recommend this for those girls who want to be stunning and sexy at the same time.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2012 4:53:00 PM More reviews by PattyTheK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this red. I've only had it on for about four days and everyone wants to know what color it is and where did I get it! I don't usually wear red nail polish, but this may be my go-to red from now on.

For the past 3 years I have worn nothing but french manicures (they go with everything!) but recently I have been addicted looking at OPI, Essie and China Glaze colors and dare I say been trying out new, bold colors.

China Glaze is probably the best nail polish you can get for $5.00 and I can compare it to OPI. I have not been too impressed with Essie but maybe it's because I'm not picking out flattering colors or getting bad bottles.

This color is a good, blue-red but on the bright side. No glimmer or frost, but not exactly cream either. It's a great balance of an everyday color to a night on the town color.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2012 1:15:00 PM More reviews by nadienadie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Hey Sailor is a bright, in your face red. The colour that is sexy, feminine and will always get a man's attention!
Jelly to kinda opaque, ok formula. Three coats needed. Reasonable dry time. The trick is to let each coat dry before applying another. I like to wear this when I am feeling good and confident about myself. I also like to wear this when my nails are in good condition to give this wonderful polish justice.
If you want a medium sexy red, then Hey Sailor ticks all the right boxes!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2012 6:43:00 PM More reviews by SPRINGRAINE

A one-coater! I didn't see that coming while I eye-balled this at Sally's. In my experience, true one-coaters are rare, but the couple I own happen to be by China Glaze. Color-wise, this is a very pretty, warmish red shade. I think it looks very classy (although not wildly inventive). The beautiful application is really what sells me on this shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2011 5:40:00 PM More reviews by lemonwasher

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

Really nice warm red colour!

It goes on smoothly and the brush is easy to use. Lasted a couple of days without topcoat.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2011 6:09:00 PM More reviews by Chester99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Hey Sailor is a bright warm-toned red that shouts "look at me". It's very pigmented, almost a one-coater but I did two just to be sure. Application was very easy. And it is such a pretty shade!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2011 7:54:00 PM More reviews by londonhermit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a bright warmed tone cream finish red. The application was smooth and the consistency of the polish was great. I could have used one coat but I did two out of habit.