Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Pencil Liner - Olive

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

on 3/30/2013 8:56:00 PM

I'm no stranger to Wet n Wild's eyeliners. My mother gifted this to me as an Easter present a few years ago and I found the color interesting. It goes on rich and deep on the lashes, and would make a great, subtle swap of color instead of the typical black or brown. It wouldn't be out of place during daytime wear.

However, Olive in particular has a very dry formula that tugs and skips along the lash line. I had to go over certain patches a few times to get the color to show up. Also, these comes very sharply pointed, so I recommend grinding the point down by rubbing it on the back of your hand before applying. Because of the hassle with application, I wouldn't recommend this shade to sensitive eyes.

However, once I got the line the way I wanted it, it stayed in place largely until I removed it after 8 hours of wear. These have a good color range for drugstore and the price is right for only 99 cents, so it's not a bad line to experiment with, but don't expect higher end quality here.

(Read the full review at peakvolume.blogspot.com)

on 11/11/2011 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love it! I put this on my top lashes, and its a BEAUTIFUL colour! and it looks amazing with my brown eyes! it makes them pop. and the pencil is HUGE!

on 4/5/2011 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I just picked this liner up on sale for less than a buck at Walgreens! I couldn't wait to get it home and try it out. The color is really beautiful and the whole green eyeliner thing is a big trend for Spring 2011.

Unlike most pencils, the application is very smooth, but not at all waxy. And the extra long length of the pencil means I'll probably die before I use it all! In fact, that's my only gripe. The length of the pencil makes it difficult to store and carry easily in a makeup bag. Other than that, it's perfect!!

In terms of the color....if you're a nail polish addict like me, then I'd compare it to Maybelline Khaki Fringe. I uploaded a photo so you can see what it looks like on dark skin. I think the price is normally 99 cents, so definitely worth the price!

This lovely liner is a true gem. Forget that it is a DS brand, I feel like I am applying a HE liner! The texture of Olive is buttery smooth and stays put once set on the waterline for hours. The color is gorgeous and I am really fond of these new liners. Another out of the park hit for the WnW color icon line.