November 27, 2014 | 1283 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Boots - Expert Instant Matte

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2014 5:23:00 AM More reviews by troo12

I don't understand it.... I've tried applying it in so many different ways. Under and over makeup. Under and over moisturizer. But I can't find a way to make a difference. It just seems to leave a white powder residue.... So many people have had positive responses, so I wonder if it's my doing something wrong...

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2012 11:45:00 AM More reviews by Leslie2877

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This did absolutely nothing. I put in on thinking that my face would be matte, but it looks exactly the same. If you are looking for a really good matte product, try Medi-Matte. That's what I should have purchased instead of this. I'm taking it back.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2012 6:06:00 PM More reviews by PeachFuzzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

The bottle sucks and is small for what you pay for. However, I do see a difference in my oily skin. It looks much more in tact as the day wears on. It is very watery. I apply it by dripping it into my palm and taking my elf flat top brush and patting it into my oily areas. I found that putting it on after I have put my foundation and powder on works best. I suggest to pat into your skin instead of smearing it as if it were a lotion.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/18/2012 3:15:00 PM More reviews by aferrar1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I donít know why I keep trying other products besides MoM, but itís like an addiction I guess!

I found this product online and picked it at Target (6 bucks I believe). Wow that is a small bottle. I guess you donít need much each time, but I was surprised how small it was!

So youíre supposed to shake well before use, then apply to your hand I guess? Well it is so watery, itís really a mess (and a waste of product!). I tried it for a while Ė just dousing it onto my fingers, then onto my T zone. It seems okay at first, but I donít think it has any lasting power whatsoever.

Maybe itís just me though, the other reviews are really great, so who knows!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2012 10:38:00 AM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I bought this a while back. It's a really small container for what you pay. I tried it and didn't seem to see a difference. It seems like others are loving this so I'd suggest you still try it or Milk of Magnesia. Others love it but I'm just "meh" hence the 3.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2012 7:58:00 AM More reviews by lovelycristi

I love this product. it literally does instantly matte your face. I have very oily skin. my only issue is it is very watery! and most of it drips off your fingers before you get it to your face. but i just put mine into an old travel size urban decay de slick bottle and spray it on my face. they both contain 15 ml. but honestly i see WAY better results with the boots brand!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2011 6:32:00 PM More reviews by MiaMore84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

When i first bought this i was scared... it was soooo small and the applicator bottle was terrible, consistency like water. BUT it did a fairly decent job at controlling my oily T-zone. I only applied to my t-zone - usually using small drops and kind of patting w/my fingers to the area before and sometimes after my regular moisturizer. I still get a tad bit oily but not nearly as much as before. Now I only have to blot once or twice a day vs like five. I think I'll try the shine control lotion next.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2011 4:05:00 PM More reviews by isshevital

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was very confused and skeptical when this came out onto my finger looking like water. I thought it would be a thin cream like most other primers. The wateryness of it is actually a little annoying, because combined with the kind of dropper bottle that they have it in, it's difficult to get a precise amount. If you get too much it just drips right off your finger and is wasted.

Anyway, I use this on basically my whole face except for my cheeks, and it's cool to see the difference of how my makeup applies so much more smooth and even on the areas it's been applied. In terms of keeping me shine-free... well, it doesn't, but it definitely reduces the amount of oil I have to deal with. Usually I have to use 2 blotter sheets but this keeps it down to one, with room leftover to spare! My face still gets a little shiny but I don't think it looks bad, just kind of glowy or dewy.

Overall this isn't a miracle product but it was cheap-ish (about 6 dollars) and does about as much as I would expect. The real test of whether or not I will repurchase will be how long it takes me to go through the (teeny-tiny!) bottle.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/16/2011 9:00:00 PM More reviews by care4critters

I bought this based on all the 5 star reviews but honestly I don't see what the big deal is. I've been using for about three weeks, applied over moisturizer and under foundation but by the end of the day my foundation and powder have melted off and my skin is just as oily as ever. Maybe I have unusually oily skin, IDK. Also purchased the matching moisturizer in hopes that would help but I can't tell a difference. I blot all day long and by lunch my T-zone has lost all traces of makeup. I use oil-free everything and was hoping for a bit of relief, but so far I haven't found any product that does much good.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2011 11:27:00 PM More reviews by taj76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Can anyone tell where I might get this from?? I'm in Australia. Happy to buy online from OS. Help please!!!! :)