October 25, 2014 | 1710 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Philosophy - Hope In A Tinted Moisturizer

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2013 12:20:00 PM More reviews by jmara

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this Tinted Moisturizer yesterday at Ulta, but am considering returning it.

On the positive side, it has a great texture, stays on beautifully, applies very nicely and does not turn yellow on me.

But, and this is a problem, I let the sales associate talk me into Light, which makes me look like a ghost! Very appropriate for next week, I agree, but that's not what I want or need. I guess my search for a non-yellowing foundation continues!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/2/2013 11:42:00 AM More reviews by goodcelt

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I went to Ulta to try this out due to some of the favorable reviews it got. I have my eyes on Clinique's Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturizer. Ulta has a great sale this week and I could get the price down to make it worth my while.

Well, I was disappointed. I had a clean face with moisturizer on already. Chose the lightest color since there were only three. The tube is not a squeezable tube; it has a pump attached. It was kind of awkward. I'd rather it was squeezable. Then, when I applied it, it made my face super light. I am fair, and the medium would have been too dark. One of the reasons I believe it was too light for me is that titanium dioxide is the first ingredient. Even so, it was not moist enough for my skin. I was willing to try it but too much against it for me to buy. Everyone's skin is different and for me, The Clinique tinted moisturizer works so much better.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/17/2013 8:45:00 PM More reviews by BRosa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The shade I got over a year ago was medium to tan, which is too dark for me right now (I'm ~NC35). That's not the issue: the problem is that it's too 'orange'. I have combination skin (oily t-zone, normal to dry cheeks) and this makes my skin very oily in no time. I don't like to use primers under TMs, I see no point in that. I don't like to use a primer to control oil with a TM. I don't like to mix it with other products either because it does has a strong fragrance.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2012 6:55:00 PM More reviews by kvandeman

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Seems average. Not a good choice to use alone for coverage. On top of a little concealer is a nice day look for good skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/30/2012 8:33:00 AM More reviews by Tallywa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i am not into tinted moisturizers in general, but the following cons are mostly pointed at this product in particular
1. they don't stay very well on me
2. they get oily on me. fast.
3. they look somewhat... nonexistent when i put them on, like it has no coverage
4. the color selection is poor, which isn't too bad, since its so sheer, but the undertones look weird on me
5. i can just make my own.

u can say im biased, which i am, but this simply did not work for me. it would probably work for people with dryer skin and less imperfections tho

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2012 11:43:00 PM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This makes my skin look radiant and smooth. Since this product came out, I've seen rave after rave about it, but, even though I am hooked on many Philosophy products, the word "moisturizer" in the name scared me away. I've been on a quest for "tinted" products to even-out my skin tone, mute discolorations, and keep my skin from looking dull, without the sun exposure it loves so much. Most of the tinted moisturizers I tried were bombs for my oily skin and/or provided lousy coverage, and.or caused breakouts and irritation. I'm not going to exaggerate and pretend HIATM controls oil, because it doesn't. However, for a "moisturizer", it has a remarkably matte finish, and it really doesn't seem to add more oil to my face. A little moisture during the hot Arizona summer can't hurt. I wear Medium-Tan, which appears orange for about two seconds, and then it blends beautifully and looks shockingly natural, yet "air-brushed". I LOVE this color. The peachy undertones are fantastic for blending in discoloration, so while others may not like "orange" I hunt for peach/apricot concealers. This works for color correction and brightening. I think this product is perfect for easy daytime wear when I know I'll be indoors a lot or have only incidental sun exposure. I like the coverage of Hope In A Tinted Moisturizer so much, on days spent outdoors I've been wearing this over higher SPF, and, if needed, I use The Present as a buffer in between. This is lovely for a natural, healthy, smooth look. This has a much lighter texture and feel than BB Creams.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2012 11:54:00 PM More reviews by misanders

Another Philosophy product that didn't work for me. There is almost no coverage. I have dry skin, but this made my face shine like a disco ball. Just not for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2012 5:39:00 PM More reviews by sugaryandspicy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is OK, does the job and has nice coverage but nothing to rave about. I think it might be a little expensive for what you get, the packaging is not that great -I often get more product than I intended to get. It smells great, so that's a plus, but overall I would probably not repurchase .

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2011 7:04:00 PM More reviews by bludvls849

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This would work for those with normal or dry skin but I have combo/oily skin and this makes me shine like no other. Decent coverage and colors, but boy howdy does this make me look like a greaseball

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2011 3:25:00 PM More reviews by AsianDiva123

I got very tanned this summer and all my foundation at home are too light for me. I thought I'd get something darker and not too heavy mainly for the summr. This tinted moisturizer turned out to be perfect for that. I got the tan colour and it matches my skin very well. It's not very light and obviously not for those who want heavy coverage. I wear it on its own or mix it with my other foundation. I also like the pump bottle. It's easy to use and no mess. It evens out my skin tone and covers some blemishes reasonably well (as a tinted moisturizer). This is the first philosophy product I've bought and no disappointments. I may try their other products in the future.