November 27, 2014 | 967 users online

Treatments (Face) - PaloVia Skin Renewing Laser from Palomar

rated 1 of 5 on 10/23/2013 11:32:00 AM More reviews by loobyloo1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I purchased a PaloVia laser a couple of years ago, and religiously followed the instructions. People would do a double-take when they saw me while I was using this device. The skin around my eyes was red and angry with grid marks from the laser. I returned it, as it wasn't doing my skin any favors.
I was left with serious hyper pigmentation from this device. My dermatologist called it 'laser staining'. Two years later and I am still dealing with the hyper pigmentation.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2012 2:35:00 PM More reviews by eemajin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm 55 and have crows feet, forehead and temple lines, wrinkles forming around the mouth, brown spots, enlarged pores, and crepey neck starting to form. I had a face lift at age 45 which helped a lot with drooping skin at the jowls and neck (best thing I ever did), but didn't help at all with skin texture. Even tho I had that surgery don't think that I am rich, because I am actually far from it, and generally can't afford to see a cosmetic professional. Right now, I don't even have health insurance. I heard about Palovia from Dr Oz, splurged, and bought a used one on ebay.

I have been using it 2 or 3 times a day, on highest setting, for about a month now. Sometimes I give my face a break and use it on my neck, hands, or even on my scaly shins. No noticeable change to hands or shins yet, but definitely see that the pores on my face have shrunk tremendously. Still have the facial wrinkles, and yet I think my face appears firmer. The wrinkles might be slightly diminished. Will continue to use.

One reviews talks about "scabbing". Oh my, no scabbing involved for me. After a couple a weeks I could start to feel a tiny bit of roughness like it wanted to peel. But I couldn't see the roughness nor the peel in the mirror. If anything, I wish I could buy a more powerful unit because I'd really like to zap away those wrinkles.

I find that the battery needs recharging about every 3 or 4 uses, unlike the 8 that others have gotten. Maybe because it was used when I got it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2012 10:50:00 PM More reviews by MissyMe1118

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So far (I am only 4 days in...) things have been just fine. I have had redness, but no pain, and very little dryness. ( I am moisturizing 2x a day.) I started at low and have moved up to medium on my forehead. Yes, I know that it is only approved for around the eye -- but I also did my research and in a clinical setting this depth and power is used for non-ablative resurfacing of the entire face. I know others have reportedly used it that way with good results, so we will see. I am actually tracking my progress on line if you want to check it out my updates (and see my ugly splotches!) Not sure I want to post a whole picture of my face... some one might recognize me! lol! Anyway, it's http://gracieac.wordpress.com/. Good luck!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2012 9:54:00 PM More reviews by Everythingbeautynyc

I bought Palovia skin renewing laser, and it is the absolute #1 skin item that everyone who has any problm with their skin should buy because you can use this thing not only under your eyes but all over your face, including lips. I bought it because its fractal technology and i know the fractal laser gets rid of scars so i bought this because i had an accident and i had surgery my teeth went partially through my inside of my lip it was a deep wound i went to emergency room and i was given anesesthetic and they did stitches and they told me it would heal in two weeks and it didnt heal in two weeks, in fact the stitches on the outside left a scar obvious scar that was white against my pink lip and inside my lip was swollen, and wouldnt go away, so i got the pallovia laser cause i know once we are no longer children our healing takes longer due to the loss of collegen, and the pallovia lager penetrates deeply and gives you the collegen and over time my skin has peeled (you have to give yourself a break when using this for the skin that gets dry to peel and then moisturize and your skin looks good after, anyway i used this on my lip area and it has diminished the scar, and not only that it diminisheed the swelling on the inside, and i can feel that right away after using it, i also use it on my face in areas that show fine lines, or just areas that i want to renew, my forehead lines, or my cheeks the pore size i want the pores to look more tightened in apearance and it works and you dont need mroe then 25 stamps every 8 hours, you can use it twice a day really but i really only reccomend doing it at night and following night you can redo areas you didnt get around to doing, and then over time you will see a big difference in the clarity and skin tone overall appearance of your skin, for me my lip no one can tell anything happened, i can see the scar is diminished. But it would not have healed this way without the palovia laser so i have the palovia laser to thank for helping me with this cause i was so upset even though it was not terribly noticable i felt it everyday, and i saw it evryday and i didnt want to go outside because of it, and then i got Palovia, my best friend. And it helped me from day 1 i could feel it working, and i could see it working in a very short period of time really, but you do have to keep up with it, i still have some scar tissue inside and palovia is still helping me with that, i believe the collagen its putting into my skin is helping the cells to recover from the accident i have also seem improvement in my skin all over, i didnt have terrible skin or anything, but still i notice it looks more perfect after using palovia skin renewing laser. It may appear to be a lot of money 500$ on QVC its 2 payments of 250$ billed to your credit card so you have time to pay it, but its the best 500$ i ever spent in my life. Because there was something bothering me that i didnt even want to leave my house after the accident i had, and i felt so badly about it and the way it appeared, and now it looks like nothing happened at all. even its working internally on the scar tissue inside my lip (i use it on the outside but it penetrates to where it makes a difference on the inside) so its helping a lot, and has helped a lot. As it has been very difficult to have had any accident at all that affects the first thing people see which is your face. And i think anyone can really understand that. So it was very difficult to go through this, but Palovia has given me back the confidence that was taken away..... i think the dr. who did the stitches screwed up majorly i probably should have sued him, but it would have cost me more then the palovia laser, so thats a benefit. I am happy with the results, and i still use it on my face and also on my lip area on the outside where the scar tissue can be felt because it really helps that issue also. So i think for people with acne scars they will most likely benefit from this unit, and see a difference, people with wrinkles will see a difference people who want to perfect their skin tone and clarity or who have fine lines or wrinkles will see a difference but its not always going to be overnight, it takes some time before you will see a difference, and over time your skin will flake off, or get dry and the dead skin cells are removed to show new and fresh skin, so this is a miracle product. I reccomend this to anyone who wants a beautiful complexion or who has any scar or any imperfection they want to remove. This will help, and this will work better then anything else besides if you went to a dr and had the actual fractal or co2 laser resurfacingn thats a much more expensive and dramatic method, which works also but this works the same its just not as abrasive, so you dont have to hide and heal your face for two weeks, you might get some redness but thats easily covered, but your skin is not going to have a reaction the same like at a drs office. The result may take longer with the Pallovia laser but its really worth it, because you dont have any down time or you dont havve to recover while using this. This is gentle on your skin and not abraisive like the lasers at the drs. office. Also you can receive professional results with it, its just not going to happen overnight though ive seem a difference in tone and clarity of my skin overnight or after a few days even. So PALOVIA Its a great invention. Use caution and read the booklet before using it, and of course they say its only for under the eyes fine lines, and i use it for a different purpose all over the face i think you can even use it on the body if you have scars anywhere, but take caution with how your skin reacts to it and use your head and dont over do it, theres always tommorow, its not like you have to be trigger happy with it. You can use it sparringly and see a result too.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/13/2012 10:33:00 PM More reviews by babeshka

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used it for 3 month, hopping that severe dryness, and redness will go away.I used it on high than I switched to low and after 1 month used it 2 times per week.I started to develop broken capillaries which were lightly bleeding.the redness would not go away even after a week I stopped using it. Good thing Nordstrom took it back.I am not sure either my skin is very sensitive or it is normal but I rather be without it.Now after 3 weeks the under eyes skin became normal.I did not get any reduction in wrinkles after all.Never ever again!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2012 12:03:00 PM More reviews by klblash

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Am I the only one who is not satisfied with this product?I have been using it since October and do not see any results except redness and drynes. The salesperson said it might just take longer on me but am beginning to doubt it. I fell as though it draws more attention to my fine lines now.

Please share your thoughts. Thanks!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2011 11:37:00 AM More reviews by thourne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought Palovia 2 weeks ago and am using it on my entire face.

This is the first product I have gotten really excited about for a LONG time, as I've spent SO much money at the doctor's office for treatments, injectables and on skincare... so much on trying new skincare...

Yes, the instructions say it is recommended for the eye area only, but I think that the approval for the eye area is for several reasons:

1. a device to treat the whole face would have to have a larger headpiece

2. a device to treat the whole face would have to allow more than 25 pulses per 8 hours- this 25 pulses prevents the user from over-treating themselves.

3. a decide to treat the whole face would have to be larger, thus more expensive and fewer buyers. A larger device would make contact with certain parts of the face difficult, as the laser will only fire if contact is correct and you see the blue light ring turn on around the top of the laser.

4. by limiting the FDA clearance to the eye area only, they are proving results in one area of the face, which I feel is brilliant marketing. Prove it works around the eye area, while behind the scenes, the company is working on technologies to treat the whole face.

On that note, I have pale skin, starting to show signs of aging- change in texture, some sunspots, fine wrinkles around mouth and eyes and brow, some loss of firmness around the jar area.

I have spent a lot of money on professional treatments and injectables. 5 years ago I had two rounds of Titan laser treatments, which showed good results, but not lasting. I've had 6-10 IPL treatments for melasma and sunspots. I've had 2 IBL (yes, that's IBL, not IPL) treatments for the melasma around my eyes with excellent results.

I've gotten regular botox injections in my forehead and area where you develop crow's feet. I've gotten regular radiesse injections every 6 months for naso-labial folds.

I recently had two rounds of sculptra to fill out hollows in my cheek area.

I own and regularly use the following at-home "GADGETS":

1. Baby Quasar- FANTASTIC device. Eliminated my rosacea, does what it claims. So much that I bought the larger version, the Quasar MD.

2. Nu-Face- mild, non-lasting results. This gives your face a lift, but it wears off. I use it in the morning, it does make my face look more refreshed and fuller.

3. Crystallift - at home microdermabrasion. This is just like what you get at the doctor's office, fraction of the price.

And now I own the Palovia, and just ordered a second one because I am treating my whole face, and I want to treat a different area of my face ever four hours.

In two weeks I have seen definite results- most notably around the eyes and around my mouth (fine lines from a few years of smoking), some acne scarring and discoloration).

Here is my plan for treating my face (my second Palovia will be here on Tuesday):

I've basically divided my face into a series of 12 areas, and will be doing 12 pulses on each side, set on high, with each treatment.

I have not had any adverse effects after using the Palovia on any part of my face. I use it on the high setting. It stings a little, but it completely tolerable for me. I have skin that reddens quickly, but is not sensitive, despite being pale.

You can easily see where each "pass" of the Palovia just was after lifting the laser off your face to move to the next spot- so it prevents you from overlapping and over-treating an area.

Here are the 6 areas I a treating, one with each use (total of 12 areas since I am treating my face on both sides):

1. chin and around mouth, naso-labial folds.

2. eye area starting at nose and moving back to my hairline.

3. center "triangle" of cheek, which for me is from middle of cheekbone, to right above naso-labial folds.

4. Jawline on side of face where I have some loss of firmness

5. lower portion of forehead, starting from between my brows, above browline and down my temples.

6. Upper forehead, which does not take 25 pulses- I am using the remaining pulses to test the Palovia's effects on some scarring that I have on my legs from mole removal, and one spider vein- to see if it diminishes it at all.

Things I like so far:

1. The device is VERY lightweight and does not have to be plugged in to use.

2. The battery charge lasts about 8 uses.

3. Only a tiny amount of the treatment gel is required, and this is the only thing that you need to "replenish" over time

4. It is VERY easy to use, and you quickly learn how to get correct skin contact (Important to note- you have to wipe off the laser head frequently, as it won't light up blue and allow use if it is covered with treatment gel)

5. I do not have any adverse reaction, the slight redness subsides quickly.

6. It costs a fraction of what fraxel treatments cost in the doctor's office

7. It takes only about 3 minutes per treatment.

8. It uses the same technology as the Fraxel non ablative laser, so I feel that with repeat use over time I can achieve similar results, not just wrinkle reduction, but changes in skin texture, pigmentation, scarring, tightening, etc...

I should add that I am doing this in conjuction with use of the Quasar MD red 2-3 times per week, Crystallift microderm 1x a week, and the Obagi prescription skincare regimen, I was my face using Clarisonic AM and PM.

*** I will report back in about a month and share my results ***

19 out of 22 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2011 11:50:00 AM More reviews by devinzgrandma

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Just started using this a week ago. I'm at the red and puffy stage around my eyes, with drying now showing up. While it does sting and I feel slight burning, this sensation goes away after about 15 minutes. All of this is expected and normal according to the manual. I'm looking forward to the end result!

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2011 10:01:00 AM More reviews by bleuday

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I decided to buy this and throttle back on some of skin care purchases: what I pi** away on skin care could easily purchase clinical procedures, but I am always duped into instant gratification.

The bad and the ugly: This product is painful on me. I use the high setting, and you're not supposed to, if it causes discomfort. C'mon, few of us with a real beauty OCD aren't going to floor the gas pedal for results. And boy can it be painful. Not really immediately, but with time, as you keep going over the same treatment areas, there's a lot of pain. And redness. The ugly: the redness and drying. I am very fair, and even on the low setting (first day only), this product caused redness. To be blunt, without any makeup, I am a blotched mess, with major dryness, scaliness, and redness. ***Do not start this regimen if you've an important life event in the next month.*** You don't know how your skin will react, and more than one review I've read talks about the redness and dryness the first month. Redness and dryness. Bigtime. And all that dryness exacerbates the lines you do have, in the beginning. But I pushed through, because I know that with many things .... It. Must. Get. Worse. Before. It. Gets. Better.

Also, note, that even though I have fair skin, I have been doing skin care "stuff" since I was about 11. Was using ZIP in my teens, tearing the facial hair out by the root, without batting an eye. Very little phases me in terms of irritation. I tend to bite the bullet and ignore it. This treatment can be uncomfortable! The Nordies SA I spoke with said she thought it was painful on the first setting. Uh, not so much. So be advised, "no pain, no gain." From a long time pain for beauty practitioner.

The good: I've only been using this 2 weeks, and had to take a couple of days off. The skin underneath that flakes away, OMG, nice and smooth. 2 weeks of use (2x's a day, on different areas, high setting), and I've noticed a significant reduction in my labial fold region, the firmness around my eye area, and the little problem areas around my mouth (my eyes aren't so bad; my big worry-problem area; my mouth, I have a small jaw line, so this creates mouth area issues as I get older).

Will update as I continue using. For now, completely happy and stoked with the results. Have ordered the Baby Quasar Light for comparison, but it may be hard to compare given the results I'm seeing with this direct zapping method.

The company website says that they offer a 2-month return policy via their retail distributors. You have 2 months through most retailers to return the product. (If you go to Nordies, you have forever; no time limit on returns.) It is so worth you taking the chance to see if this product works for you. Ask the retailer you're purchasing from, and double check that you have 2 months, 60 days, to try the product, AS THE PALO VIA WEBSITE CLAIMS (be certain they know that the Palo Via website promises this). I am expecting to save thousands (no exaggeration) in skin care squandering after this treatment.

****First Update****: I used this consistently for the first month, twice a day. 25 zaps around my eyes in the evening, 25 zaps around my mouth in the morning (25 is the maximum, the machine only lets you do 25 at a time, you must then wait 8 hours for another treatment). I skipped about once a week during this four weeks, because the treatment was so darn irritating on me.

I called PaloVia customer service (EXCELLENT CS), and I was told that different people react differently to the laser. For me, this is probably the single worst and most painful and irritating thing I've ever done, and I've done some dumb beauty s**t during my life.

So for myself, this is just over the top. Not the zapping, but the pain and irritation during the course of the weeks. The redness and swelling was very extreme on me. The only thing to give me relief, after the first two weeks, was that I bought a Baby Quasar, and I used the green light( presumably good for after chemical treatment healing), on the treatment areas. This lessened the swelling and pain considerably.

So I finished my first 30 days about 2 weeks ago, and I am amazed, but it has taken this long for the dryness to subside, and I still have faint red marks around my eyes. But I can definitely see that there has been significant resurfacing: the little hollowness and puffiness that has been increasing around my eyes has significantly decreased, and there is a marked improvement in the fine lines.

Moreover, my labial fold area has been significantly smoothed, and that kind of mild puckering on my chin (that begins appearing with a loss of collagen), well, my chin is now smooth, and the small creases have been reduced as well.

I would say at least 5-9 years has been knocked off, easily ... which is great, because I am well over the 40 mark, and the problems start escalating.

I have not been using it at all since the 30 days, because I was so tired of the redness, dryness, and swelling, and I wanted to see what was going on underneath. I am planning on a five day run in a week or two.

Also, for those who are unsure about the investment, I discovered from a friend that QVC has a **90 DAY** return policy on this item .... and PaloVia has a 1 year warranty if you register the product.

17 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2011 6:42:00 PM More reviews by Jossenmacher

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought Palovia on QVC - I am 45 years old with fair skin - alot of crows feet and crepe like skin under my eyes.
This is amazing! I have been using it for 3 weeks - each night I do my eyes - completely the underneath area and crows feet!
I had ALOT of wrinkles and some of my crows feet were very deep! I am blown away by the improvement - I am having trouble finding the wrinkles to treat now. My deepest crows feet and reduced by 2/3's. Don't waste money on expensive creams - but this- it actually works. The texture of my skin is thickening and when my face is relaxed you cannot find any wrinkles. It does hurt when you zap yourself (I use full power) - it does leave a slight dry crust - almost like teeny scabs put together - I am red - but makeup covers all of this!

Fabulous product!! Don't hesitate to try it!

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No