December 21, 2014 | 952 users online

Fragrances - Pacifica - Persian Rose Solid Perfume

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2014 11:07:00 AM More reviews by Kalya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted to like this solid perfume. Sadly, the rose scent was not Persian at all - just some cheap rose scent found in household cleaning brands and incense sticks - cloyingly sweet and sharp. The perfume was very strong when applied- the types that may cause headaches. The Aura Cacia Rose essential oil smells so much better and has that delicate rose aroma.

Update : this product IS causing headaches. The most awful, nasty headaches I have ever experienced. 👿 The rose perfume is disgusting. Roses never smell like that. I am going to email the company customer service.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2014 1:23:00 AM More reviews by fatkittykitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am a rose lover and when it comes to rose perfumes, I am particular and hard to please - my rose perfumes/scents must smell natural, strong, and single note. I saw this perfume in Whole Foods many times, but I turned up my nose at it, assuming it would be predictable and hippie-ish. Finally I tried it - on cold sniff it just smelled like lemon, but I sprayed and: wow!

This isn't single note exactly, but I actually like it very much. To me this is a strong citrus rose fragrance - I get a lot of lemon from it. I do love rose varieties with that particular type of citrusy scent, so this is lovely and evocative to me. I'm actually surprised that the fruity sweetness of the perfume works so well for me. Usually I loathe fruity scents, but this not overwhelming, fake or cloying. It enhances the rose, doesn't compete with it. The perfume doesn't have any synthetic quality at all, which is impressive because natural rose is just so damn hard to get right in a perfume. I like to layer it with Jo Malone Red Roses. I just love how natural it smells.

I have the roll on and the body butter. When you first roll it on you get this weird wintergreen whiff but then the lovely lemony rose blooms. Sadly staying power is an issue, however, for the absolutely fantastic price, I won't complain. If it cost more then it would be more of an issue. I absolutely love this scent and have added it to my rose repertoire.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2013 12:35:00 PM More reviews by feemia99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a nice, wearable rose. I have the roller ball version. I'm wearing it now on my right wrist and Tea Rose by Perfumer's Workshop on my left. To me Persian Rose is softer and a bit more creamy than Tea Rose. It can stand alone, but it would be nice layered with something like amber or sandalwood to give it depth.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2012 11:43:00 PM More reviews by sugarfreepersonality

I love this c: favorite fragrance from Pacifica. I have both the spray bottle and the solid tin. In the morning, I spray the perfume into my hair and sometimes on the pulse points of my body- but this can be strong if you apply too much, so generally I'll only spray it in my hair and maybe on the collar of my shirt.
BUT, I take this solid with me and it's very convenient. When I know the spray is starting to fade, or when I just want to reinforce it, I rub the solid on the ends of my hair, behind my ear, and in the hair behind my ear. That's the key! It lasts so much longer that way.

If you visit Pacifica's site, there's a whole page explaining how to get more lasting power out of their perfume. The only thing I dislike about this particular solid is that the consistency seems a bit gritty compared to their other solids; a very fine, sandy sort of texture, but I'm convinced I somehow caused that myself. My friend has the solid of this, too, and hers is perfectly smooth.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2012 5:12:00 PM More reviews by DuchessofGrapes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was surprised at the low reviews of this fragrance. It might not be my absolute favorite (actually probably the least favorite of my regular fragrances) but I still really love it. It's a very sweet rose. Not powdery, not grassy. I use this scent for March. It's perfect for the rainy, cool first days of spring. I will admit that when I first saw this, I expected a bit more of a spicy or exotic rose when it said Persian on it, but I'm still very happy that I bought it. I'm a big fan of violet, and I can totally smell it in here. The packaging is super adorable, even though I put this in my homemade soap, body lotion, and hair conditioner. The staying power is not that great, but I find that layering it helps a lot. So obviously this is not a scent for everyone, but if you are a rose fan, I would definitely recommend taking a look. It's a very classic, yet fresh.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/9/2011 2:15:00 AM More reviews by greenclover

This is a certain kind of rose - it is not a delicate, powdery rose, it is not a citrusy rose. It is not a green or watery rose. This is pretty much the scent of natural rose oil - w/ a bit of something woody in the background. (mostly rose though) It reminds me of the scent of rose-scented notebooks or rose scented rosary beads you can get from the vatican. The drydown is SLIGHTLY incensey (really just slightly) and reminds me a bit of the scent of rose incense sticks.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/13/2011 9:50:00 PM More reviews by anae555

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Persian rose. I dont know whats Persian about this. Its straight up rose to me. Or maybe rose soap. To me its just boring and old. It does have decent staying power. But dont even bother with this unless rose is your thing. This is all rose, all the time.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2011 7:24:00 PM More reviews by IPLaw7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This smells very natural and fresh. You can smell the freshly cut rose and the candied citrusy/cherry fruit; my coworker told me she smelled faint marzipan. Love it.