September 22, 2014 | 2193 users online

Lips - New York Color - Smooch Proof Lip Stain (All)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2014 1:35:00 AM More reviews by kthatch2009

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love it! I got Persistent Pink and Champagne through Amazon. This is the first lip stain I feel confident about for my wedding. I have only tried the Champagne so far, but it is the perfect color for me. It has that sultry, deep red without being too bright or vivid. It is drying, as one would expect from a stain, so my next step is to get a good gloss to go over it, but even with my dry, cracked lips I have right now, it still looked good. Can't say the same for all stains. I have no doubt this will survive the many kisses I expect to give, hahaha. I will try the Persistent pink once this one is fully gone. Oh, and it smells like apples!!!! Who doesn't want that?!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2014 2:45:00 PM More reviews by Mummykel25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is pretty much as close as I'm going to get to a HG red lip product imo, I have the shade rock on ruby and its a perfect cool toned red for my skin tone! most reds make me look like a traffic light or a corpse :/ the application can take some time and concentration but its worth it for the lasting power, lasts me most of a night out I have to touch up the centre sometimes after drinking alot because it isn't water proof so the colour does transfer a little, other than that the price is a bargain and I love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2014 3:26:00 PM More reviews by eyesopen33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in 497 Rock On Ruby, and I love it. It is the perfect red shade for my coloring, and I love how it stays on most of the day. It looks like my lips are stained from a popscicle or something. I love this shade. The only thing that I wish is that the pen wasn't so dry. It feels like there isn't that much product in the pen, so I am thinking these won't last too long, but not sure of that yet. The pen just feels kind of dry, and so I have to apply it with the pen and then go over that with a q-tip to get even application. That is my only gripe. But other than that, I love Rock On Ruby.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2014 3:38:00 PM More reviews by akneil

Picked this up in 495 Endless Spice. It is a great MLBB stain. Really lovely under lipgloss, stays well even while eating or drinking, and super inexpensive. What more could you want?
I'd suggest exfoliating your lips before hand so that it applies smooth and not patchy.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2014 11:43:00 AM More reviews by MadchenRogue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

despite the reviews, i purchaed one: persistent pink. it is a gorgeous color. a beatiful neutral pink with no blue undertones. i didn't mind the packagind at all. in fact i like how you can be precise with the application...but this is where the positives end. issue one -peeling. this formula made my lips peel..more than usual. 2nd issue-performance. after 3 hours the dye is 100% gone. no my lips but better. absolutely nothing. for what i payed roughly 5$.... i was better off buying another jordana llipstain. at half the price of nyc they perform better, lasts all day (8+ hrs) and my lips dont get as chapped as nyc. will finish product but wont repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/27/2014 12:42:00 AM More reviews by DrGMart

I don't know why I keep insisting on trying these marker lip stains, but I love lip stains so darn much. I got two - 498 Berry long time, and 493 Champagne Stain. The berry one is basically a deep berry stain, the champagne is a corally-pink. The crazy thing is that the lighter champagne one actually seems to be more pigmented than the berry, and it shows up more on my lips! These aren't that great, but they are on the better end of the spectrum of marker stains. They're patchy, kinda hard to apply, don't last crazy long. Five bucks, wouldn't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2014 10:42:00 AM More reviews by Xbeckygx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought the coralicious (506) lip stain a few weeks ago, just because I wanted a bit of a brighter lip colour to cheer me up with all these cold, rainy days in the UK. It's pretty cheap, at just 3.99 in Superdrug. And, I have to say, this product does stay on all day without budging. You have to be careful not to smudge it right after application, but once it's on, it's not going anywhere. It has a pretty good pigmentation too. I've had quite a few compliments on it when I've worn it, which I think speaks for itself. I wasn't crazy about the packaging, which was like a marker pen, as I thought it was a bit difficult to control, but it was manageable. It smells great, but I didn't really like the taste. I also found it a little bit drying, I don't know if anybody else experienced this? Easily fixed with a good lip balm though. But I would probably repurchase as the colour and pigmentation was nice, it's so cheap, and it really does stay on all day.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2014 11:45:00 AM More reviews by ixSNOWBUNNYx3

This product is actually pretty cool, I do have to admit, even with my love hate relationship with NYC products.

I really needed a color that would stay and last the whole day without it budging at all, and I'd have to say, this really covers it! It doesn't move, or transfer, as long as you let the product settle into your lips. The stain smells amazing, and it's really easy to open and use. I bought the color champagne stain on a drugstore haul last month for about 5 dollars Canadian.

I've noticed that it does tend to bleed a bit, so it may be a good idea to work fast, and be consistent in how much you put on. The stain is like a marker, and I've noticed that if you store the stain tip facing down, you actually get better color, and better product flow.

I took a lippie off because I didn't really like the marker tip, I found it hard to control at times...

Overall, a great product, great range of colors, and I probably will go back for more!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 11:38:00 PM More reviews by beautyflower

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ok, so most of NYC's products haven't really worked out for me, but this!!! I picked it up on a sale at Walmart and I do no regret it, I would have bought it full price! This is nice, opaque and full on color! I put it on and later on washed myself and rubbed my face... the color was still there! (not full on but goodly stained!!!) I couldn't ask more for this lipstain, it's better than any others I've tried! 16h ??? Maybe if you don't eat, but if you do, GIRL this will last you a full day!!!!!!!!!!!! Plus, it doesn't bleed and the color doesn't comes off blotchy, it fades nicely as it goes off.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2014 6:32:00 AM More reviews by lushblush

I love this! It makes my lips shiny and colourful and it lasts a little while too. It is very pigmented and reminds me of revlon lip butters! I will repurchase! (It smells lush too)