New York Color Smooch Proof Lip Stain (All)

3.8

on 5/20/2015 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

In my opinion these $5 lip stains are undiscovered beauty classics. I have Persistent Pink (bright rosy pink), Endless Spice ( a natural brown-red), and my favorite, Never Ending Nude ( a pinky-red nude color). They all deliver the perfect healthy flush of color to lips and last for a good part of the day. HG!

on 4/11/2015 2:36:00 AM

I bought the Endless Spice, expecting it to be a pinkish nude color, based on the color listed on the display, in store and online. I opened it and the tip was a reddish color; then I tried it and it was completely RED. Super disappointing. I don't like how it goes on either: the applicator is weird and it's hard to get the product on. It was also pretty pricey for NYC. I'm an avid customer of NYC products, and this was just all around disappointing.

on 3/11/2015 6:23:00 PM

I bought this in Rock on Ruby and I have to say the color is gorgeous. It's unusable for me though. I'm a habitual lip licker. One lick and it's just gone with no staining what so ever. If I put balm over it to try and extend its life (I really do love this color), no matter what balm I try, it feathers and wears horribly. Balm also causes it to smudge on things; not really smooch proof when I do that.

I exfoliate my lips regularly and give them a little scrub before I apply any kind of stain. This just doesn't work for me.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Ah, nostalgia. I bought this in Endless Spice years and years ago and just found it in an old purse that I was cleaning out to give away. That was long before I was actually into makeup or knew what I was doing with it, but I remember how much I LOVED this lip product. The color is a great slightly deep (for my fair skin) MLBB shade and I got so many compliments on it back then!

This review is based on my impression of it when I first got it many years ago, but I was pretty impressed when I pulled it out of this purse after so many years & it wasn't dried up at all, though the color did seem to be watery and not very pigmented. I tried it on my lips and there wasn't much color, though what little color there was did cling to my annoying dry patches in the middle of my lower lip. Pretty typical of stains on my lips.

Overall, I used Endless Spice a lot in college and I'm inspired to try these again now that I am more knowledgable about makeup, and because they seem to have decent reviews!

on 11/11/2014 1:31:00 PM

I use nyc lip stain quite often, but it doesn't seem ti be much cheaper in price from maybellune&cover girl,&usually Sundays paper has a valueable coupon for cover girl products.anyway nyc color has some really great products but need to ho down on price especially for woman like me who are on a tight buget.

on 10/20/2014 12:30:00 AM

The product was pretty good at first. But after a few times of it being used it got kinda dry and it didn't work as well as it did before. Now I doesn't even work. I wish the product had more because there isn't that much. Also it didn't really last as long as it said it was supposed to.
The "Rock on Ruby 497" went on smoothly but very dry and it smelled pretty good. After a minute of have product on my lips felt very dry and chapped. If I were you IWOULDN'T get this product. It's cheap but it isn't worth it.

on 9/6/2014 1:35:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I love it! I got Persistent Pink and Champagne through Amazon. This is the first lip stain I feel confident about for my wedding. I have only tried the Champagne so far, but it is the perfect color for me. It has that sultry, deep red without being too bright or vivid. It is drying, as one would expect from a stain, so my next step is to get a good gloss to go over it, but even with my dry, cracked lips I have right now, it still looked good. Can't say the same for all stains. I have no doubt this will survive the many kisses I expect to give, hahaha. I will try the Persistent pink once this one is fully gone. Oh, and it smells like apples!!!! Who doesn't want that?!

on 8/19/2014 2:45:00 PM

This is pretty much as close as I'm going to get to a HG red lip product imo, I have the shade rock on ruby and its a perfect cool toned red for my skin tone! most reds make me look like a traffic light or a corpse :/ the application can take some time and concentration but its worth it for the lasting power, lasts me most of a night out I have to touch up the centre sometimes after drinking alot because it isn't water proof so the colour does transfer a little, other than that the price is a bargain and I love it!

on 7/8/2014 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this in 497 Rock On Ruby, and I love it. It is the perfect red shade for my coloring, and I love how it stays on most of the day. It looks like my lips are stained from a popscicle or something. I love this shade. The only thing that I wish is that the pen wasn't so dry. It feels like there isn't that much product in the pen, so I am thinking these won't last too long, but not sure of that yet. The pen just feels kind of dry, and so I have to apply it with the pen and then go over that with a q-tip to get even application. That is my only gripe. But other than that, I love Rock On Ruby.

on 5/13/2014 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Picked this up in 495 Endless Spice. It is a great MLBB stain. Really lovely under lipgloss, stays well even while eating or drinking, and super inexpensive. What more could you want?
I'd suggest exfoliating your lips before hand so that it applies smooth and not patchy.