September 2, 2014 | 1835 users online

Conditioner - GVP Conditioner: Compare to Paul Mitchell The Conditioner

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2011 4:54:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love the GVP Tea tree shampoo. As I have very dry hair, this condtioner just was not moisturizing enough for me, although I do not think it is a bad conditioner for other hair types. I liked the minty smell of this but did not notice as much of a minty tingle like I get from the matching shampoo. Because my hair is like straw I alternate between the GVP Paul MItchell tea tree oil treament and the GVP Paul Mitchell super strong treatment. The price is so insanely low that this is definitely worth a try.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2011 11:11:00 PM More reviews by tricyclesinskirts

Unlike the previous reviewer, I find this product incredible, and I am extremely excited about finally finding a leave-in that works on my coarse, dry hair. After failures with it's a 10, miracle 7, and countless sprays, this one is my HG. After realizing the damage I was doing to my hair with protein overload, I had to part ways with potion 9, and this is by far the best I've tried. If my in-shower conditioner is lacking, GVP PM picks up the slack, bringing my curls back to life. A drop or two of argan oil (I use pure argan oil I got at whole foods, and macadamia nut oil is also good,) mixed in with the PM is particularly amazing. Even the fact that it looks oddly like toothpaste coming out of the bottle is completely irrelevant when a product is effective as this one. One of the most indispensable products in my arsenal, definite repurchase, and a very holy HG.

ETA: just to clarify, this is a leave-in conditioner. Sally's carries GVP versions of paul mitchell's tea tree line, both the shampoo and conditioner, which I believe the reviewer below me I referring to when she is saying this product has a "minty smell"--the GVP paul mitchell "the conditioner" is essentially unscented, unlike it's tea tree counterparts. Hate to see people reviewing the wrong product and bringing the rating down. It's not that difficult to get it right.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2011 12:31:00 PM More reviews by ThisGirl0

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I got this conditioner about a couple of years ago. I purchased it after I started highlighting/bleaching my hair. Even with a regular or a deep conditioner in the shower, my hair still needed something extra after I towel dry becuase it gets tangled easily.
I have never used the Paul Mitchell version of this product so I don't know exactly how well it compares. But this is an overall a good product. It comes it a big 16oz bottle for about $5 at Sally's. The product is blue in the bottle and looks pretty much like a gel. I apply it to hair after towel drying and it makes my hair much more manageable and softer. I can comb through a lot easier. Doesn't do anything else extra special, just makes hair softer and a tiny bit smoother.
The scent is very light but nothing special and it doesn't linger.

I like this but since it is such a big bottle and I don't use a ton of it (about a quarter amount each time), it's lasted me years and I am still only about half way though the bottle. Don't know whether or not I wil repurchase since I expect this will last probably for another couple of years. I'd also rather give this a 3.5 but since I can't I'll give it a 3... it's decent but nothing to get overly excited about.