November 25, 2014 | 1856 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dr. Bronner's - Organic Shikakai Baby Hand/Body Soap

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2014 5:23:00 PM More reviews by e4emoke

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just love it. It's creamy and doesn't dry my skin.
I love it, I am using it for more than 1 year.
I don;t want to buy other only this. The problem is it's a bit too expensive, but I have the big bottle (710ml) for almost 5 months and it's finished now.
I think it's a good buy.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/14/2013 1:30:00 AM More reviews by Bebe1963

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It leaves a sticky uncomfortable feeling and quite drying for the skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2013 1:14:00 PM More reviews by riotkitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my basic bathroom hand soap but I have found so many other uses for it. Its a great makeup brush wash and I have found that it works just as well as the Beauty Cleanser on Beauty Blenders. Its a great body wash, too. Its ok as a shampoo as long as you use some kind of acid rinse after like apple cider vinegar or lemon juice. Sometimes I'll use it if I want my hair to look much more curly, but it always seems to leave my hair feeling a bit gummy. Its not very good as a face wash either, I think it may have caused breakouts.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2012 11:27:00 AM More reviews by Metafax

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Dr. Bronners has always helped my oily skin out, but the normal variety began to irritate me after prolonged use (redness, from the peppermint) so I switched to this variety and the difference is very noticeable. Although it is 'unscented' I found its ingredients to smell very pleasant, and it was much more gentle than the normal Dr. Bronner's castille soap, gentle enough to (if your skin isn't sensitive!) use on my face. I haven't tried to use it as a shampoo or anything else.

However, while the packaging is nice and you get quite a lot of it in one bottle, it's still somewhat expensive. There are probably cheaper alternatives that get the job done just as well. But if you are a fan of Dr. Bronner or are going for the organic label (or to support Bronner's excellent labor policies) then by all means knock yourself out.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2012 2:53:00 PM More reviews by foryoursmile

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

A nice no frills or scented soap I love to use on my hands or in the shower for a body wash, lathers nicely. Seems like this bottle will last me forever too. Took a lippie off for the bottle likes to leak sometimes. =/

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2011 10:50:00 AM More reviews by zernelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

After falling in love with the Dr. Bronner's Shaving Soap Gel, I decided to try this product as a body wash. I am very disappointed. The only good thing is that it doesn't have added fragrance (though it does have the same sweet scent reminiscent of molasses, brown sugar, and vanilla that the shaving soap has), and it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. It initially lathers well, but if I don't use at least four pumps of product on my washcloth, the lather disappears before I've finished soaping up my body. And it leaves my skin with that dry, tight feeling that soap can leave (though my favorite bar soap--Kiss My Face In the Pink soap--doesn't do this).

My biggest complaint about this product, though, is the packaging. I often dislike pump packaging because it can be wasteful, but this pump is particularly bad. When I still had 3 ounces of product left in the bottom of the container, the pump stopped bringing it up. I transfered the remaining soap to a small squeeze bottle, but I hate having to do that to avoid wasting 1/4 of the bottle. Even if I loved the product, I wouldn't repurchase simply because the packaging is so bad.

Ingredients: Organic White Grape Juice, Organic Sucrose, Organic Coconut Oil, Potassium Hydroxide, Organic Olive Oil, Organic Shikakai Powder, Organic Hemp Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil, Citric Acid, Tocopherol. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2011 11:25:00 AM More reviews by Kelly9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is for the hand/body soap in the opaque pump--not your usual tiny-text covered, famous castile liquid soap. I haven't even considered this pump soap before, as I already have 5 bottles of castile circulating through my home for scrubbing tubs, washing hands, making counter spray, etc.

While I love their traditional castille, it was not good in my hair, and not good on my very dry skin. Then I saw this skikakai formula on their website, and read how it was supposed to be good for hair, too. With a sensitive, itchy scalp, and two kids with sensitive skin, I thought I'd give this a try.

The pump is nice. Doesn't clog in the pump. Handy at sinks or on the edge of the tub. The soap itself is brown and slightly runny. It has a strange soap-and-molasses odor, but it doesn't stick around after bathing. I can only guess the smell is from the shikakai herb (which is supposed to be excellent for skin and hair according to herbal hair care websites). It lathers well, has a soft feel on skin, doesn't leave a tacky residue, and most importantly, makes my family's hair very soft! I tried using the Dr. B conditioner (not good, not good.) but find this to give me better results without any conditioner at all. Note: this is soap, and not tear free. If you will be using this on children, just keep out of eyes.

This product nearly fulfills my fantasy of having just one bottle in the shower that does everything for me and my kids. But, I simply cannot use this on my face daily. It makes my face red and tight feeling. But I love it everywhere else.

Fans of cleaning the house with traditional Dr. B's castille: I wouldn't recommend it with this one for cleaning.

Ingredients from Dr. B website: Organic White Grape Juice, Organic Sucrose*, Organic Coconut Oil*, Potassium Hydroxide**, Organic Olive Oil*, Organic Shikakai Powder, Organic Hemp Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil, Citric Acid, Tocopherol (** None remains after converting oils to fatty acids and glycerin)