Guerlain Meteorites Illuminating and Mattifying Pressed Powder Compact

3.5

Talc, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Nylon-12, Magnesium Myristate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Bis-Behenyl/Isotearyl/Phytosteryl Dimer Dilinoleyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Dimethicone, Boron Nitride, Silica, Lauroyl Lysine, Isopropyl Isostearate, Diphenyl Dimethicone/Vinyl DiphenylDimethicone/Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Parfum (Fragrance), Caprylyl Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Sorbic Acid, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Benzoate, Linalool, Benzyl Alcohol, Limonene, Amyl Cinnamal, Tocopherol, Butypheny lMethylpropional, Geraniol, [+/- Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 15850 (Red 6, Red 7 Lake), CI 15985 (Yellow 6 Lake), CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI45410 (Red 28 Lake), CI 73360 (Red 30 Lake), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet)].

on 5/26/2014 2:38:00 AM

I've been the happy owner of this powder for about a year and a half, I don't use it everyday but find myself reaching for it often and it's a great light weight travel companion. Though it was very spendy for the small size - I paid $70.50 NZD and for only 7g of product in a plastic compact I should have given myself a slapping with my CC - but that's a makeup obsession for you and it is one of my favourite brands as I find Guerlain hardly ever disappoints.

For my NC15 skin I picked (01) Teint Rose and this is a good match - I don't get any oxidation with this over foundations but do have a little trouble with BB cream - so use another powder lightly first, then apply this lightly as a finishing powder over the top and it's fine.

This powder is so finely milled, it is easily touched up throughout the day and will not look cakey, It's fine enough to set under eye concealer too. It gives a really smooth healthy finish - definately not matte but not glowy either - more of a soft focus look which I love.

My favourite way to apply this powder is in small areas at a time with a small fluffy brush. We used this powder for my sisters wedding and touched up her makeup throughout the day and night using a dry beauty Blender - it was fantastic - actually reminds me I must try this with my makeup tomorrow :)

I hit pan on this today and as much as the price pains me I know I probably will end up getting another one.

on 3/21/2014 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

I really like this powder. It offers the face such a glow. I am around a c7 or nc45 so it doesn't offer much color but it does match my gold undertones unlike other products i have combination skin in the heat and it still offers matte coverage. Not surprised they I love another guerlain! I wish it came in more shades and was larger.

on 1/24/2014 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I stumbled across this powder by coincidence when hunting for the Meteorites Perles in Tient Rose. Price was less than I expected. I combined this powder with the Meteorites in Medium, shade was darker and I had to balance it. I loved how flawless my skin looks with this powder. It also lasted all day. I wore the Shiseido Skin Protection under it with the Guerlain primer. Love love love

on 1/18/2014 11:08:00 PM

I'm not sure if I'd buy this product again... I dont really like the scent but I am rather sensitive to scents, so maybe it isnt that bad. Its a very delicate powder and I love the way it goes on. My FAVORITE thing about this powder is that it minimizes my pores... and the immediate finish is gorgeous. I have combination skin but since age 30 I'm very oily in certain areas and very dry in others. I have the 03, which I believe is the darkest shade (Mila Kunis complexion). I didn't notice any oxidation. I just recently bought their primer so I am going to give it a try again. It doesnt last long for any type of oil control at all, unless you are only slightly oily. Illuminating, YES. Mattifying, NOT REALLY. Since it's not the best at controlling oil, I find myself reapplying and using more. I'm not a reapplying kind of person. I want to get great products and be done for the day, unless I'm going out to do something at night.

I wish that the compact was better- bigger, easier to open. The puff I dont love but just use it anyway. After I noticed I was going through it so quickly due to reapplying, I kind of stopped using it. I got the Urban Decay- DeSlick. That is pretty good for a compact, but my overall favorite for keeping makeup in place and long term mattifying is the Tarte Amazonian Clay powder (I think thats the name), but that unfortunately doesnt come in a compact...

on 9/18/2013 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I agree with kolbaska's review - am in my early twenties. This in the beige dore shade made my pores look weird, texture was NOT smooth, and around my mouth and eye areas I seemed to suddenly have wrinkles- i can assure you I do not, am in my early 20s. I made a girl compare my face- half of it had the shiseido compact powder, half had this guerlain...she said hands down the shi side looked better. Waste of $$ imo.

on 9/10/2013 11:03:00 PM

Ooh boy, is this expensive for what you get. But, the product is wonderful and the compact itself is beautiful. I ordered this online, and I have to admit that I was a tad disappointed when I opened this package. The compact itself is itty bitty--it fits in the palm of hand. And, it feels like plastic. Plastic, Guerlain? Plastic for nearly $60? I'm glad it's gorgeous plastic at least.

When I opened the box from Sephora, the first thing I did upon taking the compact out of the velvety thing it came in was unceremoniously trip and drop the whole shebang onto my hardwood floor. I just knew that something as flimsy-feeling as this compact was going to shatter on impact. However, much to my surprise both packaging and contents survived. The powder is soft and finely milled. It smells very perfumey and flowery, but I like it. It reminds me of a YSL perfume I used to wear when I was younger and wanted to appear to be older. It's a sophisticated scent, but if you hate fragranced products you might want to skip this because the smell lingers. I use it only on my t-zone to control oil. It does that very well without caking up and looking gross as the day wears on. As a matter of fact, despite my love for my Dior compact, this far surpasses it because the powder melts into your skin much like a foundation would. I don't know how the good people at Guerlain managed that, but this property is worth the price of purchase even without the artsy case. I would buy this again. Like!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

I purchased this product in Teinte Beige (NW25-30ish for reference). I have inherently dry skin and this powder does not cake up or flake off on me-kudos to Guerlain! I love the texture. I use this as a touch up powder.

I really like the finish of this powder. While it is billed as both "mattifying" and "illuminating", I find applied lightly it is not inherently "bone dry" matte but is subtley illuminating. I occasionally get the late day t-zone shiney, and this product dispenses with it quickly.

As with all products Guerlain, it smells amazing. The compact is quite attractive.

My only question to Guerlain is for a luxe brand at this price point for just a little bit of product, what on earth is up with the flimsy spongey thing masquerading as a "poof" that you include? Just no no no. At this price point, you need a real "poof".

on 12/23/2012 2:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Cheap plastic packaging
Oxidized after just an hour .emphasized dry areas around my mouth
Too bad, since the initial finish was gorgeous. Left my skin luminous and glowingly translucent
Oh well

on 10/26/2012 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Well, I think I have figured this product out. It is not for people with oily skin. It sounds like it oxides and turns darker without really controlling the oil. Since it is billed as both illuminating and mattifying, this is baffling. It really does not mattify at all. I think if you have normal or somewhat dry skin, this powder would work out well for you. It is not a foundation and does nothing to cover anything. What is does do, at least for me, is give a soft focus look to the skin with a very subtle glow. No sparkle, no glitter, no frost. Just a nice soft glow from within look. I swirl it on lightly on top of my BB cream or my liquid foundation. It is a nice pick me up for my face when I don't have time to redo the whole makeup thing as the day wears on. With only three colors available, there is not a lot of choice to match to different skin colors. I have 02 which is the beige( slightly yellow toned) color. I am NC 20. If you skin is not on the oily side and you use this as a finishing powder or last step, the effect is really beautiful. It is nice around the eye area as well for a nice brightening and softening look. It is so finely milled that it does not settle into lines. Use with a light hand and a soft brush. Guerlain powders are really special and beautiful products. Just don't expect this to do the work of more intense products. It really is a last step kind of thing. The compact is pretty if lightweight. Since this is a product that I would carry with me when I am going to be out all day and need a quick makeup refresher, I do worry that it might not withstand the dreaded handbag jumble. It comes with a nice velvety pouch but still, it is a bit flimsy for a Guerlain product. I do appreciate that it is not going to add yet more weight to my purse. It is very pricey for only .23 ounces however and I would have expected something more substantial. Having said all of this, I do have to admit that if I lost this compact or broke it, I would rebuy it because I just love the diffused look it gives to my mature skin in both daylight and evening. A winner for me.

on 8/9/2012 3:11:00 AM

I love the texture and finish of this powder. Non-drying but helps control my oiliness while giving a subtle glow at the same time. Great for setting my foundation.This is the Guerlain product that I see myself repurchasing, though I believe that some of their products are not a must-have unless you want to spend your dollars. Packaging is lighter than the normal Guerlain packagings, but I like the flower design (matching the Meteorites container lid design) & the velvet pouch that protects the compact from scratching. The price is of course probably not worth it for some people, but if you wanna treat urself to a finely milled luxurious powder, i recommend this one.