April 16, 2014 | 1583 users online

Scrubs - The Body Shop - Seaweed Pore-Cleansing Facial Exfoliator

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2014 5:56:00 PM More reviews by DoraZ

This isn't a bad exfoliator but it's not the best one I've ever used either. I'm giving it 1 more lippie than I gave the Seaweed Deep Cleansing Facial Wash because I do like to use it in my daily facial routine although I probably won't purchase it once I'm finished with it. I feel like the beads really just move around on the face and don't see much effectiveness unless I use a washrag to wash it off in circular movements to assist in the exfoliation. The Body Shop's website says this is "A soap-free facial scrub that effectively deep cleanses blocked pores and exfoliates to remove dead skin cells, excess oils, impurities and daily grime." Again, like the facial wash in this Seaweed line, I don't feel like this gives you a "deep cleanse" it's more of a milder product which is nice if my face is feeling sensitive. Overall though I think I'll stick to my St. Ive's Apricot Scrubs, they seem to work much better for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 1:56:00 PM More reviews by sugarwhirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

For my skin this is a great scrub. My face really feels so clean after using this. It smells better than you expect considering it's seaweed, and it's a subtle smell which goes after you wash it off. It also doesn't dry out or irritate my skin, even though I use it every day! I have really sensitive skin so this was important for me. Also, it lasts a long time - a little goes a long way.

I use this every day, and I still remember the first time I skipped it for a couple of days and used my old facewash (garnier non-scrub one which I still use) and noticed how gritty my face felt! Would buy again although I've started using the tea-tree one which I think I might prefer (skin feels cleaner, but a bit drier with the tea tree scrub).

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2014 6:59:00 AM More reviews by violetnitez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Although the facial cleanser does not suit me well, but this does!! I love this!! It helps me to clear my acne and blackheads well!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2013 6:46:00 AM More reviews by domokun_nyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used a tube of this and while it does exfoliate adequately, I won't be repurchasing for a couple of reasons. First, the smell is more dirt-like than I'd prefer. The fact that the granules are brown and in a brown-ish gel also puts me in mind of dirty beach sand - not too appealing. It also foams up considerably while scrubbing, such that it has a tendency to go up my nose. For some, the fact that it's a dual product, a cleanser and scrub together, might be a good thing. I prefer separate products because I don't want to use a physical exfoliant every day. Price is not terrible, but still getting up there for a relatively small tube of scrub. Flip top tube works great in the shower. Gave it 3 lippies because it does exfoliate, but I'm not happy with the smell or added foaming cleansing feature.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2013 3:39:00 AM More reviews by lndydhr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have combination/oily skin so it is essential for me to exfoliate once in a while. This product did it just right. It doesn't irritates and left your skin feel silky smooth after using it. It's also not too pricey. Great job Body Shop! I removed one lippy because I hate the seaweed smell. My friends find it refreshing, but its just not for me. BUT, this product is so great that even I can't stand the smell I will buy this product again. And again. And again. And again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2013 6:33:00 PM More reviews by bobbysoxxer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Before using this product, I only moisturised my face. I bought this just over a week ago and my skin has become noticeably softer, I no longer have dry patches when I apply make up and I have fewer blackheads. My face looks better with and without foundation. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2013 10:59:00 AM More reviews by TurtleMoon

There's no denying I like a good face scrub - I tend to find they reach the parts that regular facial cleansers can't. At 9.00GBP this sits nicely in the same band as some regular drugstore scrubs, which I find tend to range between 2.99GBP and 10.00GBP. However, in the case of this one I would say the price reflects the product. It exfoliates effectively without being too scratchy or leaving my skin feeling dry and tight.

Unlike some facial exfoliators this foams up as you use it, which might not appeal to some (it has SLS in it, which I know some people try to avoid in skincare products), but as someone with sensitive skin I can honestly say this has never given me any cause for concern. As mentioned, it doesn't leave my skin feeling dry or tight, but equally it has never left me with breakouts or sore patches.

A 75ml tube of this has easily lasted me 3 months when using it twice a week, so for the price this is pretty good value for money. The smell takes a little getting used to - I can't put my finger on what it smells of, but it's quite earthy in tone which I'm guessing has something to do with the seaweed content - but it certainly wouldn't put me off using it or buying it again when this one finally runs out.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2013 11:42:00 PM More reviews by giggles292

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like this exfoliator and at the moment I use this 2-3x a week. I used to use St Ives, but after reading reviews that stated St Ives can easily break your capillaries and is too rough for your skin I switched over to this exfoliator since it is much gentler. The beads are much softer than St Ives, but are a decent size so you can still feel them on your face. I love the smell and the lathering properties of this since I prefer face washes that lather...it makes me feel like its working. I normally use a clarisonic 2x a day so I tend to have a seperate face wash from an exfoliator; this is gentle enough for me to use on a daily basis so when I go on vacations I just bring this with me and leave the clarisonic at home.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2013 2:14:00 PM More reviews by mysilentface

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of the few products from The Body Shop that's given me positive results. Makes my skin so smooth and I swear my complexion is noticeably brighter and it's not just my mind playing tricks on me. Even though it's made for combo/oily skin, my dry/sensitive skin had zero problems (a good moisturizer probably helps with that). I normally wouldn't mind paying $15 for this, but The Body Shop always has sales going on that you can easily get this for under $10.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2013 8:54:00 AM More reviews by Mriyanti

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i love love love this scrub. i have been using this for years. i am writing this review to help people incase they arent sure.i use this every second or third day during winter time depend on my skin but in summer time i practically use this everyday. i have combination to oily skin and prone to acne but this scrub is great on my skin. it helps lift of the dirt and oil of my face without drying it out. it is just so gentle on skin, so gentle but it does the job.

i just love it