Make Up For Ever Rouge Artiste Intense #22

4.8

on 9/10/2011 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

The perfect nude lipstick for my complexion!.. I feel like I have 18 nude lipsticks that are a half a shade off from eachother, but this one is a favorite! :) Great texture and coverage... I happen to use Sephora's lipliner in "Cute Caramel" for this particular lipstick... With a smokey eye, you can't go wrong. :)

on 5/2/2011 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this lipstick... I actually got mine in #20 (pearly rust) but I haven't written enough reviews to do my own yet so I'm tacking this on to #22. The quality is outstanding - great staying power, lovely color and feels matte but not dry. Can't wait to try another hue!

on 3/16/2011 11:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

This is a nice 'true' nude, maybe leaning a bit orange-y though.

It has very good coverage (they advertise this that apparently it is 50% more pigmented than other lipsticks or something, and I have to say that it is probably the most pigmented lipstick I own), and it glides on smooth and creamy. It does accentuate lines/sink into cracks and will draw attention to any dryness though (but what opaque lipstick doesn't?) Reminds me of the MAC cremesheen formula, but more opaque and more drying.

Unfortunately, I think this lipstick does have the potential to wash you out - especially against my NW20 skin, it is pretty much the same colour so I wouldn't wear this lipstick without having any other makeup on.

I am also very unimpressed with the packaging - it's quite light and plastic-y - I expected more considering the price of the product. And IMO, it tastes pretty bad.

But overall definitely pleased with my purchase and would recommend!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is the best lipstick nude that i found so far and it is beautiful my other nude is 18 but i love both

on 1/24/2011 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

As a huge sucker for both MUFE and a good nude lip, I was immediately drawn to #22. On my MUFE HD Foundation #117 skin, it is a gorgeous, satiny nude that doesn't make me look washed out or like I'm wearing concealer, but isn't too dark either. It is creamy, long-wearing, and highly pigmented. I didn't find it to be drying either. It wears for ages on me, even through eating and drinking. It does have a slightly fruity taste but I found it pleasant, not synthetic or sickening. Definitely a new HG nude for me!

Recommended for Medium Skin