November 26, 2014 | 1727 users online

Loose Powders - Kanebo - Sensai translucent loose powder

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2011 12:49:00 PM More reviews by camilka

This powder is sooo micronized. T-zone stays matte (but still radiant somehow) all day and I cant tell I'm wearing powder if I only use a little. It's translucent so it works on all skin colours, I can use it during winter when I'm white as snow as well as during summer when I'm tanned.
I don't need blotting paper with this powder and I'm very oily otherwise.

I use this over Dior Forever foundation (wich i usually mix with some day cream to lighten up the super coverage) and voila, my crater-like pores are gone and it looks as if I have flawless skin. I totally recommend trying this powder over some Dior Forever if you have terrible skin on nose like I do.

Powder will last forever so make sure to keep the jar clean and never stick fingers or a dirty brush there. I pour a little in the lid, use the included puff then clean the lid before putting it back on.

EDIT: I am rating this lower now since I've found something way better. I've also experienced that the powder looks cakey and dry after a while. Maybe I just had a lucky first month with it. I wont repurchase even though it's a decent powder compared to many others. Expensive.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2011 10:03:00 AM More reviews by dodobat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried numerous times searching for reviews for this item and I was seriously shocked to find that there are so few reviews of this item on google and non on MUA! Anyway I purchased this loose powder after hearing that Beau Nelson uses this on most of the makeovers he does on Kristen Stewart (whos makeup always looks stunning). The Sensai range is not available in my country therefore during my trip to London last year, I popped into Harrods and got myself a tub of this powder; not knowing what to expect. I did try it briefly when I was at the counter but I already had loose powder on that time.

Upon swatching the powder on my hand, it feels extremely finely milled and silky soft to the touch. Ever since purchasing it, I have neglected all my other powders and have only been using this religiously over my foundations or sunscreen. I have used and owned loose powders from many brands including La Mer, La Prairie, Chantecaille, Cle de Peau, Laura Mercier, Anna Sui, Shu Uemura, NARS (to name a few) and at the moment this is by far my favourite of the lot. I would say that this powder is most similar to Cle de Peau's loose powder. It contains zero shimmer but the powder itself lends a glowy finish to the skin and doesn't look flat when applied even with a heavy hand.

Unlike some powders which can leave a powdery look on the face or feel abit draggy when applied with a face brush, this powder buffs on like silk and never disturbs my foundation no matter which foundation I use. I have tried it with all my foundations and it works perfectly well. I can never tell that I am wearing powder. All it does is that it mattifies my face but doesn't totally take away the dewiness from my foundation/sunscreen. I have extremely sensitive and dry dehydrated skin and this powder never felt drying on my skin.

This powder costed me 35pounds at Harrods and it certainly isn't cheap. It contains 20grams of product and is made in Japan. The packaging itself is very elegant; simple see through sturdy plastic jar with a black screw cap. The powder itself is completely translucent and doesn't leave a whitish cast on the skin so I presume it will work well for both fair and dark skins. I cannot comment on how it fares in terms of oil control because I don't have oily skin.

This is how the product is being described on the website:

* Translucent loose powder
* A loose powder for beautiful, natural-looking skin
* Enriched with a high concentration of the revolutionary Weightless Moist Glow Factor, an exquisite feather-light and translucent light-reflecting powder
* Formulated with highly moisturising natural ingredients, Phyto-Squalane and Rice Extract
* The high-quality puff (included) is woven with traditional Japanese craftsmanship for a smooth finish

All in all this is an excellent loose powder that I will recommend to anyone with similar skintype as me. I will definitely repurchase when I run out of this.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No