July 24, 2014 | 1804 users online

Lipstick - Gabriel - Gabriel Color Lipstick

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2014 5:14:00 PM More reviews by lalelilolu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in "Tea Rose", which is a bright pink, just like a beautiful pink rose. As far as the spectrum of pink goes, I would say that this color leans closer to red than it does to fuschia / purple. But, it is unequivocally PINK and could never pass as a red. It has a cool tone to it. Coverage is opaque, matte, a little drying but not horribly so. I always wear lipstick on top of lip balm anyway and often add a coat of lip balm inbetween applications, so a lipstick would have to be extremely drying for it to bother me.

Tea Rose is a very "now" color, a bright almost electric pink, sort of unusual to find in the natural brands. It has a dark enough pigment that it's really flattering to my olive-toned skin / brown eyes / black hair.

I am not an expert on toxicity in skincare and cosmetics, but I try to read and research as much as I can and make an educated decision on what products to use. On the EWG "Skin Deep" toxicity database, Gabriel lipstick (every shade) was given a 4 rating, which makes it a "medium" level of hazard. It was stated as having retinyl palmitate as a harmful ingredient, but I haven't seen that ingredient listed in any of the searches I've done specifically for "Tea Rose." The most potentially harmful ingredient in the Tea Rose formulation appears to be Lecithin, which is given a toxicity rating of 4. Not horrible. I feel safe using this lipstick.

All in all, I would recommend this lipstick for its coverage and consistency. This is a great bright pink for people with medium to dark skintones. Lovely color for spring and summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2012 5:04:00 PM More reviews by Sunkissed101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased the color Salmon, a warm, pretty, orangey, pinky, beautiful salmon color. It looks nice and understated, and brings out all the warm tones in my skin! What I love about it is that it almost has a glossy finish, making your lips look lush, and the packaging is beautiful. I have no problems with this lipstick, except it doesn't last very long at all, so I knocked one lippie off.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2012 11:02:00 PM More reviews by Linatha

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I just bought this in Nude. When I looked at the lipstick bullet, which is dirty pinky lavender color, I wondered how this would color would look like a "nude color" on my lips.

Somehow or another, it was able to transform my reddish pigmented lips into a luscious soft baby pink with glints of lavender/blue. Outstanding. And man does it last.

I paid $17 for it at Whole Foods.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2011 9:29:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

picked one of these up at my local whole foods grocery store. the color I got was copper glaze which looks very red-toned in the tube, but on the lips is a very natural color. it's actually the same exact shade as my all-time favorite NYX lipstick shade in Darling.

Love the color and formula, but it is not long wearing. It's also a bit pricey to be sold in a grocery store. I think I paid around $13.00 for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2011 4:51:00 AM More reviews by Jesangel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have 3 of Gabriel Cosmetics lipsticks : Taupe, Nude, and Sheer Pink.

Each formula is different.

Taupe: Is a matte warm neutral light beige color. It can get dry as the day goes on.. I wear it with lipgloss, and the consistency of that combined is perfect.

Nude: Is a cooler neutral matte beige, with a shimmery bluish opalescent undertone to it.. It's more moisture filled than Taupe.

Sheer Pink: is a cool bright pink, very moisture filled, with a slight shimmer in no particular hue.. it smells of roses. I love this alot. I will wear it lightly dabbed on as a lip-stain.. and it stays on for hours like that..

All are all natural.

The only thing is the price has gone up, some places sell it for like $30 a tube.