August 27, 2014 | 1718 users online

Hair Treatments - Oil Rinse

rated 5.0(1 review)

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2011 11:04:00 PM More reviews by sunshine824

I've seen oil rinses talked about on various hair boards but only recently tried it myself. I don't take any credit for inventing anything so if someone knows who started it, feel free to send me a pm so I can give credit where credit is due.

Oil rinses have *dramatically* changed my hair. I don't have to search high and low for different products now as most products are ok for me as long as I do an oil rinse when I wash.

Here are the steps:
1)Shampoo your hair as usual.
2)Rinse.
3)Apply the oil of your choice to your wet hair - I use coconut oil. Maybe 3 quarters worth applied to my hair in sections(back, front right, front left).
4)Rinse again.
5)Apply generous amount of conditioner - this will help get out the extra oil. Rub it into your hair well.
6)Rinse.
7)Dry and style as usual.

Sometimes if I apply too much oil I'll condition my hair a second time after I've rinsed out the conditioner the first time.

It may be too much for fine, thin hair or hair that is straight and prone to oiliness. But for my curly, naturally dry hair it's AWESOME! Most of the time I don't even need a leave-in conditioner although I may still apply a little something just for hold.<3