August 28, 2014 | 1039 users online

Other - Trader Joe's - Antiplaque Toothpaste with Fennel, Propolis & Myrrh

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2014 3:18:00 AM More reviews by HappyUnicornSmile

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Pros:

1. No animal testing
2. Good ingredients for your body

Cons:

1. Tastes really horrible

I did like this toothpaste, and I would continue using it, but I'm trying out a few different toothpastes right now. It's difficult for me to stick to the same routine for a long time and I enjoy trying new things. I felt really good about putting this in my mouth vs. putting other toothpastes in my mouth that contained some eyebrow-raising ingredients. That's probably the biggest reason why I'm such a fan of this toothpaste. The taste is really bad at first and definitely takes getting used to! But once I got past the taste (after about two weeks or so), all was right with the world again. After I finished a tube of this and tried using Crest, I thought Crest tasted really strong and I could barely stand it. This doesn't have a minty taste to it, and all the mint and burning in the Crest was too much for me. So, I think the biggest reason I hated the taste of this at first was because I was so used to a strong minty sensation and the adjustment was abrupt and caught me way off guard. Utilize your mind over matter techniques and you should be fine. I recommend this to everyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by nanamisan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

great toothpaste, my family has purchased time and time again because it is flouride free. the taste takes some getting used to, my boyfriend will not use because the taste haha. all in all a great product. ive never had an issue with my teeth feeling unclean after use.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2012 3:42:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

not a big fennel fan, but i dont mind it too much. lathered enough for me but didnt leave my teeth feeling very clean. great that its fluoride free and natural and ill finish up the tube, but i can just see my kid spitting this out! he wouldnt be able to handle the taste of it without gagging im sure. is there a mint version of this?!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2012 3:31:00 PM More reviews by tempescape

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

Unfortunately I did not have positive results with this toothpaste. The flavor was o.k but within days of using it my teeth got very sensitive and I had to stop. I don't know what was in it that was causing the sensitivity. I also noticed that it did not give a lasting fresh breath feeling.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2012 12:40:00 AM More reviews by theparsley

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I must admit I did not like this the first time I used it. Once I got used to the taste however, I love it! It's cheap and SLS/fluoride free. Originally I switched to see if SLS/fluoride had anything to do with the acne around my mouth (alas it did not), but I haven't had one mouth sore for months after using this! I was surprised by how much this foams. My mouth is definitely clean. I must caution however that there is no whitening effect with this toothpaste. I noticed my teeth had dulled a little after using this for a few weeks. I make sure to do a weekly peroxide rinse and that seems to have taken care of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2012 5:04:00 AM More reviews by NiteOwlGrl2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I la la la love this stuff. I love the fact as others say there is no fluoride and is all natural. Also it should be noted that I have never had a cavity so I think this stuff works great.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2012 1:49:00 PM More reviews by lexabee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

no flouride, no SLS, all-natural ingredients... my cup of tea.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2011 3:45:00 PM More reviews by skylarkmelody

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

In 2009-2010 when I was in active treatment for Hodgkin's Lymphoma the chemotherapy changed the way a lot of things tasted, including the toothpaste I had been using. I began to dread brushing my teeth because the taste was so intolerable, then my dad picked up some of this toothpaste. Problem solved! It was actually pleasant to use, and it made my teeth feel clean and my breath fresh. My grandpa loves this toothpaste so much he has me bring some with me when I visit him in England.

: )

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2011 5:13:00 PM More reviews by girrl65

I love this! Not only is it half the cost of Tom's of Maine toothpastes (which I also love), it is a really good product! The flavor might take a little getting used to as well as the low-lather if all you have used is Colgate and other mass-market toothpastes with SLS in them. this has NO SLS of any kind and is totally all natural! It doesn't have fluoride in it, which is another thing I like. I have been using toothpaste without fluoride for the last 3 or 4 years and I have impeccable dental health. I think people use fluoride as a substitute for actually brushing regularly and otherwise maintaining good oral hygiene. So, don't let the lack of fluoride in this product put you off from trying it. Its so cheap and effective...and NATURAL that I think everyone should give it a try!