October 30, 2014 | 1115 users online

Liquid - New York Color - Skin Matching Foundation

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2014 1:25:00 AM More reviews by Marchoiness88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had lovedddddd this foundation. It matched my tan skin perfectly, kept my tzone matte and I got about 7-8 hours of wear out of it, much longer if I set it with my Coty Airspun powder. The only friggin thing to mess up the relationship between me and this foundation was the breakout. I broke out in these tiny little bumps all over my face after about a week of use. I didn't change my skincare regime so I'm sure it wasn't that and I gave it chances after my face cleared up. So sad, I really wanted this to work but, it didnt

rated 1 of 5 on 7/14/2014 10:35:00 PM More reviews by cbaker6653

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the worst drugstore foundation I've ever used. I accidentally grabbed this when reaching for the BB cream (someone put it back in the wrong spot). I bought shade "Light to Medium." It goes on more like a moisturizer. The color just smears around on my face until it eventually disappears completely. I'm left with ZERO coverage and MAJOR shine. Yet somehow, when I look at my fingertips, it looks like all of the pigment in the makeup is stuck to my fingers instead of my face.

Don't waste your money! Will NEVER repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2014 1:55:00 PM More reviews by Annisty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

While this isn't the best foundation I've ever tried, it isn't the worst either. It is pretty cheap so remember you do get what you pay for most of the time. I have been wearing shade "686 Light." I find it does match my color pretty well. It is darker in the tube and then lightens as I blend it onto my face. It does oxidize sometimes though leaving the color a little yellow. It has a bit thicker consistency so you do need to work a little more to blend it. I use a flat kabuki and buff it really well. It gives a medium coverage and leaves a fairly matte texture. I think this would be good for someone just getting into make up to help them explore foundation options.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/2/2014 8:00:00 PM More reviews by tiffanyblu88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is probably the worst foundation I have every used. I applied it with clean fingertips and it started to go on smoothly. As I worked the product over the rest of my face, it seemed to be drying quickly. Once my whole face was evenly and lightly covered, it started to flake off. Soon there were just little patches that were still stuck to my skin so I had to remove it all completely and start again with something new. I don't know how they haven't discontinued this product and I most certainly will not purchase it in the future.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2014 11:30:00 PM More reviews by beautyflower

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is by far the worst foundation I've ever used! It does not ''adapt'' to your skintone, unless you choose the right color, and even then, it oxydizes!!!! I know it's cheap, but what's the point? I'd rather pay the same amount for WNW's foundation or pay more for a great one! Not only it's hard to blend, blotchy and weird, it broke me out like C.R.A.Z.Y !!!! When you try to blend it on your skin, it kinds of ball up, making it really ugly and horrible looking. I keep it for Youtube reviews, but this is horrible! Right after I put it on (for a NYC full face on Youtube) I took a bath for removing it... I wouldn't go in publc with that! By the way, it doesn't last (I had the courage to put it for whole days) that much, kind of fades with blotchiness.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2014 11:18:00 PM More reviews by Sabrina67

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Horrid. I bought two tubes of this on sale at Target. I threw them both out. As other reviewers have stated, it 'balls' up when you try to smooth it out over your face. It turns orangey in no time flat. I am shocked that NYC even allows this stuff to be sold as part of their collection. Don't waste your money, no matter how cheap you can buy this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2013 4:08:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

Disastrous, horrid foundation. I would give this is a "0" rating if I could. Very liquid-y, spills right out of tube and then slides around on your face, never drying but somehow bits will pill up and roll off while feeling wet. Hard to blend and gets patchy and orange. Like another review said, imagine trying to smear coloured baby oil on your skin. No wonder it never sets. . .

To add insult to injury - the fragrance is so strong!! I hate the smell, it's like baby powder-y deodorant, feminine hygiene products and bathroom cleaner. And very cloying too. . I can smell it an hour later even though the foundation has long since disappeared off my face. I usually keep foundations that aren't great on their own to mix with other products and create something decent, but with this one it's impossible. It's now sitting where it belongs. . . .in the bin.

For a dollar difference, you can get the WnW Coverall Foundation which I love, and is highly rated on MUA - and has a smooth, silky easy to blend texture, no strong perfumes and the quality is comparable to a good high end medium coverage foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/20/2013 12:17:00 PM More reviews by BunkysPrincess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

As with their primer.this is a greasy mess on my face.When combined with the smooth skin primer,it feels like you have baby oil on your face I have been using this product for 2 weeks and am highly disappointed ...In myself for trying to save money by using this product!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/18/2013 4:43:00 AM More reviews by Xxcassx

This is Terrible! I paid $7 for it. Price is not worth it. It drys super fast. I don't even have time to blend it all in before it drys and PEELS off! It only stays on for maybe an hour. I am the second lightest shade. I notice after about 15 mins of it on my face it makes my face look orangey! It goes on very thin/light. Not good if you need to cover acne. It's more like a tinted moisturizer

rated 1 of 5 on 10/29/2013 9:33:00 PM More reviews by babybunnyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

If I could give this a 0, I really would. It is quite possibly the worst foundation in the history of foundation. I really gave it a chance, I was quite hopeful but my hopes were quickly squashed. The makeup applied okay at first but as it dried it started completely rubbing off like some kind of plastic. It was pretty weird. Made my face look patchy and muddy. And as for skin matching...HA! absolutely laughable. I guess you get what you pay for. At least they were being realistic (kind of) with the price. $3.99. But in all honesty I wouldn't take it if they gave it away for free. It would simply end up in the trash again.