April 18, 2014 | 1810 users online

Liquid - New York Color - Skin Matching Foundation

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2014 1:55:00 PM More reviews by Annisty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

While this isn't the best foundation I've ever tried, it isn't the worst either. It is pretty cheap so remember you do get what you pay for most of the time. I have been wearing shade "686 Light." I find it does match my color pretty well. It is darker in the tube and then lightens as I blend it onto my face. It does oxidize sometimes though leaving the color a little yellow. It has a bit thicker consistency so you do need to work a little more to blend it. I use a flat kabuki and buff it really well. It gives a medium coverage and leaves a fairly matte texture. I think this would be good for someone just getting into make up to help them explore foundation options.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/2/2014 8:00:00 PM More reviews by tiffanyblu88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is probably the worst foundation I have every used. I applied it with clean fingertips and it started to go on smoothly. As I worked the product over the rest of my face, it seemed to be drying quickly. Once my whole face was evenly and lightly covered, it started to flake off. Soon there were just little patches that were still stuck to my skin so I had to remove it all completely and start again with something new. I don't know how they haven't discontinued this product and I most certainly will not purchase it in the future.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2014 11:30:00 PM More reviews by beautyflower

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is by far the worst foundation I've ever used! It does not ''adapt'' to your skintone, unless you choose the right color, and even then, it oxydizes!!!! I know it's cheap, but what's the point? I'd rather pay the same amount for WNW's foundation or pay more for a great one! Not only it's hard to blend, blotchy and weird, it broke me out like C.R.A.Z.Y !!!! When you try to blend it on your skin, it kinds of ball up, making it really ugly and horrible looking. I keep it for Youtube reviews, but this is horrible! Right after I put it on (for a NYC full face on Youtube) I took a bath for removing it... I wouldn't go in publc with that! By the way, it doesn't last (I had the courage to put it for whole days) that much, kind of fades with blotchiness.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2014 11:18:00 PM More reviews by Sabrina67

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Horrid. I bought two tubes of this on sale at Target. I threw them both out. As other reviewers have stated, it 'balls' up when you try to smooth it out over your face. It turns orangey in no time flat. I am shocked that NYC even allows this stuff to be sold as part of their collection. Don't waste your money, no matter how cheap you can buy this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2013 4:08:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

Disastrous, horrid foundation. I would give this is a "0" rating if I could. Very liquid-y, spills right out of tube and then slides around on your face, never drying but somehow bits will pill up and roll off while feeling wet. Hard to blend and gets patchy and orange. Like another review said, imagine trying to smear coloured baby oil on your skin. No wonder it never sets. . .

To add insult to injury - the fragrance is so strong!! I hate the smell, it's like baby powder-y deodorant, feminine hygiene products and bathroom cleaner. And very cloying too. . I can smell it an hour later even though the foundation has long since disappeared off my face. I usually keep foundations that aren't great on their own to mix with other products and create something decent, but with this one it's impossible. It's now sitting where it belongs. . . .in the bin.

For a dollar difference, you can get the WnW Coverall Foundation which I love, and is highly rated on MUA - and has a smooth, silky easy to blend texture, no strong perfumes and the quality is comparable to a good high end medium coverage foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/20/2013 12:17:00 PM More reviews by BunkysPrincess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

As with their primer.this is a greasy mess on my face.When combined with the smooth skin primer,it feels like you have baby oil on your face I have been using this product for 2 weeks and am highly disappointed ...In myself for trying to save money by using this product!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/18/2013 4:43:00 AM More reviews by Xxcassx

This is Terrible! I paid $7 for it. Price is not worth it. It drys super fast. I don't even have time to blend it all in before it drys and PEELS off! It only stays on for maybe an hour. I am the second lightest shade. I notice after about 15 mins of it on my face it makes my face look orangey! It goes on very thin/light. Not good if you need to cover acne. It's more like a tinted moisturizer

rated 1 of 5 on 10/29/2013 9:33:00 PM More reviews by babybunnyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

If I could give this a 0, I really would. It is quite possibly the worst foundation in the history of foundation. I really gave it a chance, I was quite hopeful but my hopes were quickly squashed. The makeup applied okay at first but as it dried it started completely rubbing off like some kind of plastic. It was pretty weird. Made my face look patchy and muddy. And as for skin matching...HA! absolutely laughable. I guess you get what you pay for. At least they were being realistic (kind of) with the price. $3.99. But in all honesty I wouldn't take it if they gave it away for free. It would simply end up in the trash again.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/4/2013 9:15:00 PM More reviews by gwenwalls

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff broke me out like crazy! I've initially liked a lot of their products, but I think now there's a reason for the cheap price -- they are terrible!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2013 7:58:00 PM More reviews by dbc202

So, I went to Walmart to go get some concealer when I saw this foundation. I was thinking "Wow, it's cheap maybe I'll get it" So I bought it, it was no more than 4$ which I like because I hate spending money especially on makeup. I went home and only used it about 2 months later, I got the lightest shade that they were selling which was "687 Light To Medium" and it's still a bit too dark. I find the foundation a bit too liquidy for my tasting so it takes forever to properly blend but its fine if you put less than I did. The foundation doesn't smell too bad and it gives a reasonable amount of coverage for the price. Although I especially did not like the not having packaging part I hate the thought that someone could have used it and also I don't like that this product contains parabens but as it is a cheap product and most products have parabens in it anyways I can't really complain. Overall I give it a 3/5 and I would not buy it again.