Guerlain Terracotta 4 Seasons Bronzing Powder

4.3

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: TITANIUM DIOXIDE 1.5 % OTHER INGREDIENTS: TALC - NYLON-12 - LAUROYL LYSINE - MAGNESIUM MYRISTATE - BORON NITRIDE - OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE - MICA - DIMETHICONE - ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE - HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE - PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAETHYLHEXANOATE - ZINC STEARATE - GOLD - SERINE - STEARIC ACID - PARFUM (FRAGRANCE) - ALLANTOIN - CAPRYLYL GLYCOL - PENTYLENE GLYCOL - TOCOPHERYL ACETATE - ALUMINA - PANTHENOL - SORBIC ACID - TOCOPHERYL LINOLEATE - ANOGEISSUS LEIOCARPUS BARK EXTRACT - SODIUM HYALURONATE - LIMONENE - BENZYL SALICYLATE - LINALOOL - ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE - CITRONELLOL - HEXYL CINNAMAL - CINNAMYL ALCOHOL - GERANIOL - EUGENOL - BENZYL ALCOHOL - [+/- CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE) - CI 77163 (BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE) - CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES)

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is my second pan of this bronzer. For reference my skintone runs in the NC45 range and I picked up the shade range in Ebony.

I absolutely love this bronzing palette. It definitely is matte and deoxidize orange or red on me. And the blush shade is a much toned down version of NARS Exhibit A blush. It definitely gives a nice finish to an all over bronzy look when using the blush. Its worth every single pricey penny. Another thing that I love about this bronzer is that the pigmentation is intense....a little goes a long way so there is no need to pack it on. And in true Guerlain fashion this is fragranced as well so if you are sensitive to fragrance being on your skin you might want to pass on this but it does quickly dissipate once applied.

on 6/4/2015 6:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

As a naturally tan(MAC NC42) woman, bronzer is a daily staple in my routine and Ive gone through many. I have several but 4 seasons is my favorite. I think the concept of using this the whole year long with different shades is genius. All of the shades are matte. I use shade Brunettes 05 which is the second darkest one, the darkest one being Ebony 08. Most of Guerlain's bronzers are divided by blonde&brunette which the blonde shades have more pink and brunette shades have more yellow. The Ebony08 shade has very deep shades of chocolate and one section that is a vibrant coral/red shade. I was contemplating on buying this too since it would make a great contour/sculpting+blush compact. Guerlain has shades for the fair&lighter of skin AND for deep&darker skin tones(Thank you Guerlain!!!!). All the bronzers are so smooth, pigmented and buttery; one compact will last a very long time and will apply like new, even if your a bronzer junkie like I am. It is perfumed and but doesnt bother me. This is the most expensive bronzer I own and I do not regret it! Guerlain in my humble opinion, makes the best bronzers and if your going to invest in one, the 4 seasons is the most versatile&realistic one.

on 1/26/2015 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

The packaging, the look, the smell, the texture - all is great. However after just few days it broke me out. Guerlain, I love you, but lot of your products are not for sensitive skin.

on 1/11/2015 3:23:00 AM

Guerlain bronzers are lovely but spendy. I have a few of the Guerlain bronzers and really like using this one in 01 Blondes especially in the summertime when I have some tan going on, this is one of my go-to bronzers to blend my still fair and only very slightly tanned face to my summer tan as it blends and buffs in beautifully giving a really natural looking bronzed skin look on me and lasts all day.

I find this bronzer a little too dark to use in winter so usually swap over to 01 Blondes in the Terracotta Light Sheer Bronzing Powder (mosaic pan), this one has less pigmentation and more of a sheen when applied than Terracotta 4 Seasons.

This compact has 10g of powder, good pigmentation and is a good selection of shades for my NC 15 yellow under toned skin. I only need to apply this minimally with the brush tapped off for a beautiful sun kissed look, this product also works for contouring and blends in well when buffed into the skin.

I have been using this with a big kabuki, fluffy slanted brush, tulip shaped kabuki and lately have really been enjoying using this product with the Jane iredale Handi Brush.

on 8/25/2014 4:44:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

Absolutely beautiful product.

I'm NC30, using 03 Brunette. The lightest quad almost matches my skintone. The texture is not powdery or dry, looks very skin like, very natural. I would say this is worth buying for mature ladies. I love the flexiblity of being able to customize how dark i want it to be.

The packaging is gorgeous, i don't think i need to go further. The only thing i did not like is the strong old lady fragrance. Ughhh... i can't stand the smell.

on 8/12/2014 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I thought this bronzer was Just Okay, and Just Okay won't cut it with a $76 price tag. Staying power is average at best. I didn't think the Brunettes 02 color was anything special on my NC30 skin. I'll stick with Nars Laguna (which never fails me) or Bobbi Brown.

on 8/8/2014 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I AM SO DISAPPOINTED. This is sooooo pricey but the product is poorly pigmented. I have to swirl my brush around 5-6 times before I get that nice sculpted cheekbones. This sucks. Never gonna buy this again, it also irritates the skin because of the heavy fragrance.

on 6/30/2014 1:01:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

I have bought this in a rush in Nude color. I have a fair skin and light hair.. I do not tan, so I was worried that if I have selected any other shade it would make my face look darker compared to the rest of my body. Well, this one is definitely very light. I almost wish it was more bronze, as I can barely see bronzing effect even after a number of applications.
When I grabbed it at the store, I did not check the price and was a little shocked after I saw how much it was :( It is honestly way too much to pay almost $100 for any bronzer/blush/powder even in luxury brands. It doesn't even include a brush for this price!!! So overall, I will not be buying Guerlain bronzers again.

on 6/20/2014 3:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Guerlain 4 seasons bronzers now comes in 6 different shades:

-nude 00: a pale shade that includes a pink blush. This shade was apparently created with fair skin Asian ladies in mind, where obvious tanning is not popular.

-natural blondes 02: a light pink tone shade with very little contrast between the four shades. (I don't get this one, why buy the more expensive 4 seasons, if most of the shades swatches the same).

-Natural brunettes 03: A soft yellow tone bronzer

-Moyen blondes 04: a darker more contrasted version of natural blondes (former 01)

-Moyen brunettes 05: a darker more contrasted version of of natural brunettes (former 02)

-Ebony 06: this one also contains a blush shade, this time bright red, and is for deeper skin tones.

If your skin is yellow tone and you pick up one of the two pink shades you will look orange. Yellow + pink = orange. Same thing if you are very pink and pick up one of the yellow bronzers.

I'm about an NC15 and I picked up the shade 03 natural brunettes and it is absolutely gorgeous! It is smooth and feels buttery. I've seen some women use this as a contour and it looked horrible. Bronzers are made to add warmth and this one is definitely quite warm. To contour you need a cooler shade.

The shades are contrasted enough to use them separately. I use this with quite a dense brush, because the bronzer is very buildable . I use the darker shade where the sun hits first and the paler shades lower. The effect is soft enough to be able to use this very lightly all over with a soft brush, but the best way to use it is on the high points of the face.

This blush is definitely expensive, but if you can afford it is very beautiful. It looks satiny on the skin and it doesn't look flat like some bronzers can (hello hoola!).

I took off one lippie because of the heavy fragrance and the fact that the darker shades hardened a bit on the surface.

on 5/22/2014 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I love this bronzer. I bought shade 00 (nude). It is a dream to apply. I thought it may be too light but it is very buildable and I like the pink tinge to it when you swirl all the sections . I think the packaging is sturdy and pleasing to the eye. I think this is a great bronzer for use all year round. It is very expensive but it has not disappointed so far . Will definitely buy again now I'm hooked !