Guerlain Terracotta 4 Seasons Bronzing Powder

4.3

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: TITANIUM DIOXIDE 1.5 % OTHER INGREDIENTS: TALC - NYLON-12 - LAUROYL LYSINE - MAGNESIUM MYRISTATE - BORON NITRIDE - OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE - MICA - DIMETHICONE - ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE - HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE - PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAETHYLHEXANOATE - ZINC STEARATE - GOLD - SERINE - STEARIC ACID - PARFUM (FRAGRANCE) - ALLANTOIN - CAPRYLYL GLYCOL - PENTYLENE GLYCOL - TOCOPHERYL ACETATE - ALUMINA - PANTHENOL - SORBIC ACID - TOCOPHERYL LINOLEATE - ANOGEISSUS LEIOCARPUS BARK EXTRACT - SODIUM HYALURONATE - LIMONENE - BENZYL SALICYLATE - LINALOOL - ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE - CITRONELLOL - HEXYL CINNAMAL - CINNAMYL ALCOHOL - GERANIOL - EUGENOL - BENZYL ALCOHOL - [+/- CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE) - CI 77163 (BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE) - CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES)

I picked this up a couple of months back and have been using almost daily. I was at a loss as to which color to purchase so I went with 00 Nude since the others seemed a bit orangish in the pan. I have a hard time with finding bronzes that do not oxidize on me and really wanted more of a healthy glow than a faked baked tan.

This one is perfect, the colors do not oxidize and the warm pink adds just enough glow. I have purchased other Guerlain bronzes in the past and wasn't happy with the outcome when applied, I was hesitant to fork over close to $80 to purchase this one but am so glad that I did and will definitely repurchase.

I cannot believe I paid so much for this bronzer. I think at one point it had been hyped up somewhere, and I fell for it. I do love the color on me, I have 00 Nude, and it looks really lovely on my cool toned NW10-13 skin. That is, when you can actually get it out of the pan. I agree with the reviewer below, even using a fresh, clean brush the product “seals” over after two uses. Even if I double dip my brush back into the pan during use, there isn’t a reason why it should form a crust over the product… I always apply it to my freshly powdered face, so it’s not as if there is tons of oil contaminating the powder. I own plenty of other powder face products that do not do this, even if I use my dirtier brushes in them. Huge thumbs down from me, especially at the price point. I shouldn’t have to rub off the surface of such a pricey product after 2 uses. Shame, because I would go as far to say this is my absolute favorite shade of bronzer to bring a very natural warmth to my face.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This was a real disappointment for me. I flustered and fluffed about spending this much on a bronzer and finally did and I wish I didn't.
I have the brunette shade. Nice packaging (don't worry you're paying for it!), nice scent, but really disappointing product.
The shade felt a bit orangey for my liking. Really had to work for colour pay off. Then to my horror it seems to seal itself over! So I scraped the top layer off (how annoying to have to do this to a product of this price) and within two uses, again! So angry and upset I spent money on this. Being in AUS, we can't return it if we're not happy so it's sitting in my cabinet. I want to throw it off the balcony that's how upset I am but it was too expensive.
Not happy Guerlain

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I'm so happy that I finaaaally went out and bought this product! I'm a Nw20 in Mac, and I got this in 4 seasons 03 natural brunettes . I literally tried on almost all of their bronzers in the different colors to find the one that truly matched my skin, and Im so happy I did that because with some of the others I almost looked a little dirty or muddy :p It looks beautiful once you've applied it but let me tell you it is even prettier after some minutes or so, its like it sinks into your skin and blends in with your complexion, you just literally look like you've been sunkissed, I love love love it!! <3

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is my second pan of this bronzer. For reference my skintone runs in the NC45 range and I picked up the shade range in Ebony.

I absolutely love this bronzing palette. It definitely is matte and deoxidize orange or red on me. And the blush shade is a much toned down version of NARS Exhibit A blush. It definitely gives a nice finish to an all over bronzy look when using the blush. Its worth every single pricey penny. Another thing that I love about this bronzer is that the pigmentation is intense....a little goes a long way so there is no need to pack it on. And in true Guerlain fashion this is fragranced as well so if you are sensitive to fragrance being on your skin you might want to pass on this but it does quickly dissipate once applied.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

As a naturally tan(MAC NC42) woman, bronzer is a daily staple in my routine and Ive gone through many. I have several but 4 seasons is my favorite. I think the concept of using this the whole year long with different shades is genius. All of the shades are matte. I use shade Brunettes 05 which is the second darkest one, the darkest one being Ebony 08. Most of Guerlain's bronzers are divided by blonde&brunette which the blonde shades have more pink and brunette shades have more yellow. The Ebony08 shade has very deep shades of chocolate and one section that is a vibrant coral/red shade. I was contemplating on buying this too since it would make a great contour/sculpting+blush compact. Guerlain has shades for the fair&lighter of skin AND for deep&darker skin tones(Thank you Guerlain!!!!). All the bronzers are so smooth, pigmented and buttery; one compact will last a very long time and will apply like new, even if your a bronzer junkie like I am. It is perfumed and but doesnt bother me. This is the most expensive bronzer I own and I do not regret it! Guerlain in my humble opinion, makes the best bronzers and if your going to invest in one, the 4 seasons is the most versatile&realistic one.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

The packaging, the look, the smell, the texture - all is great. However after just few days it broke me out. Guerlain, I love you, but lot of your products are not for sensitive skin.

Guerlain bronzers are lovely but spendy. I have a few of the Guerlain bronzers and really like using this one in 01 Blondes especially in the summertime when I have some tan going on, this is one of my go-to bronzers to blend my still fair and only very slightly tanned face to my summer tan as it blends and buffs in beautifully giving a really natural looking bronzed skin look on me and lasts all day.

I find this bronzer a little too dark to use in winter so usually swap over to 01 Blondes in the Terracotta Light Sheer Bronzing Powder (mosaic pan), this one has less pigmentation and more of a sheen when applied than Terracotta 4 Seasons.

This compact has 10g of powder, good pigmentation and is a good selection of shades for my NC 15 yellow under toned skin. I only need to apply this minimally with the brush tapped off for a beautiful sun kissed look, this product also works for contouring and blends in well when buffed into the skin.

I have been using this with a big kabuki, fluffy slanted brush, tulip shaped kabuki and lately have really been enjoying using this product with the Jane iredale Handi Brush.

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

Absolutely beautiful product.

I'm NC30, using 03 Brunette. The lightest quad almost matches my skintone. The texture is not powdery or dry, looks very skin like, very natural. I would say this is worth buying for mature ladies. I love the flexiblity of being able to customize how dark i want it to be.

The packaging is gorgeous, i don't think i need to go further. The only thing i did not like is the strong old lady fragrance. Ughhh... i can't stand the smell.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I thought this bronzer was Just Okay, and Just Okay won't cut it with a $76 price tag. Staying power is average at best. I didn't think the Brunettes 02 color was anything special on my NC30 skin. I'll stick with Nars Laguna (which never fails me) or Bobbi Brown.