July 31, 2014 | 1782 users online

Bronzers - Physicians Formula - Cashmere Wear Ultra Smoothing Bronzer

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2014 10:43:00 AM More reviews by lifeguardem04

I am new to loving Physicians Formula products; however, this product is a fail for me. For the price, I would much rather try some other drug store formula. I bought this mainly as an impulse buy in Target. The product is not pigmented at all - not that I want bronzer to make me look orange - but I barely see any product when I rub, and I mean rub, the brush in the pan. I should know not to stray away from my holy grail bronzer from Smashbox.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2012 7:29:00 PM More reviews by nilorac123321

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really love this!
I'm a paler gal. I'm talking like, NC15 kind of pale.

I was shopping when I came across this little gem.

It's long lasting ( for me ) and isn't orange at all.
It gives a subtle but still noticable kind of look...like..Someone won't look at you and think you're wearing bronzer, they'll think that your skin looks smooth, your complexion looks a tad warmer, and that you have slightly defined cheekbones. Nice, eh?

The texture is soft and buttery, and that packaging is ADORABLE. And a tad bulky, but no more than a benifit blush box.

It does have some shimmer/shine, but nothing overpowering. It's pretty chill on the bling, if you know what I mean.

Overall: Great product! Easy to use, gives me the simple contor-esque look I crave that's hard to get with my ghostly pale skin, and isn't too bad on price! ( I bought mine for $7)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2012 12:30:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I am a blue eyed NW10 (NW20 when tanning from a bottle).

I am reviewing the "Light" version of this product. This is one of the few bronzers, especially drugstore bronzers, that do not look orange on me. In fact, it is one of the few bronzers I can wear at NW10 that are still soft and gentle enough to be able to layer up. PPPs know what I'm talking about - it's nice to be able to layer on a few levels of color rather than have one layer and then have to blend it in. To find this in a bronzer, especially a drug store bronzer, is rare to say the least.

The texture of this bronzer is so nice, as well. Feels almost like a powder-to-cream. The one downside, for me, is the packaging. Like most PF products, the packaging is bulky and gimicky. If they could fix the packaging and add just a touch of shimmer (this is 100% matte bronzer), this might even surpass my HG bronzer, Tarte Park Avenue Princess.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2012 1:02:00 AM More reviews by alibugbug

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

just bought it today and LOVE it!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2012 8:05:00 PM More reviews by Madeleinejane

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is a great bronzer, especially in comparison to my previous ELF bronzer. I am a light medium skin tone and I got this bronzer in light, and it works pretty well on my skin. I'm not that crazy about it, but it works well and does what I want it to do without turning me orange. I apply it with a light hand under my cheekbones, along my temple, and on the bridge of my nose, but I think it might work as an all-over bronzer, but I just use it to contour. I would recommend to anyone with light-ish skin. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2012 9:41:00 PM More reviews by autumnrainbow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love the PF Cashmere bronzer, I have the regular one and I notice they now make a lighter one, I think that one might work better for me since I am pale, but this one works well as long as I apply with a light hand. Sometimes I use the brush included or else a small kabuki, I have a few bronzers but this is probably my favorite. It is shimmery and a great value. I have been using it for nearly a year and you cannot even tell it has been used much. It looks almost like new. Really great product, I would like to try the light one as well, but this one lasts so long I really cannot imagine when I will run out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2012 1:47:00 PM More reviews by Bucephala

I picked this up because it looked like it'd be light enough for me. It is. This is pretty my go-to contouring powder in the winter when I'm very pale. It looks very natural and gives my face just enough dimension. I wouldn't use it as an all-over bronzer though.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2012 11:11:00 AM More reviews by MurphyRants

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this in light and I'm extremely fair and warmed toned, as in I would need an NC 10 if there was one. I wanted this bronzer to contour since finding a color that isn't too dark and orange for me is difficult. This bronzer was so light I couldn't contour with it! I also didn't notice at first but there is a very faint amount of shimmer, too. I think it would work well as an all over bronzer for fair skin due to those reasons but that was not my intended purpose for it (I like rocking my fairness). I remain to give it a 3 since it could probably be used well for what I just described. It's a bit pricey for drugstore but the texture and packaging are very enjoyable making it stand out among drugstore bronzers which are, in my opinion, overwhelmingly awful.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2012 12:49:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am a fan of Physician's Formula bronzers. I used to love the Jungle Fever one, and once it got discontinued I moved over to the Healthy Glow Bronze Organics. Spotted this in Ulta yesterday and wanted to give it a try. I bought it in light bronzer.
This is a very nice bronzer. Great for fair skin, gives a very light, natural looking tan. Not muddy or orange in the least. It really does have a smoothing effect - my face looked so smooth and even after I put this on it was almost a bit unreal.
The powder has great consistency and it lasts well. It doesn't fade or wear off poorly. I have never had a problem with any of this brand's bronzers making me break out or causing me irritation.
I think this is a great nighttime bronzer for fair-skinned girls. It looks a bit too "makeupy" for day but is beautiful for going out or glam looks. I am quite pleased with it.

Update: knocked this down to a 3 overall. I started using it as my every day (it didn't look quite as makeup-y after the first few uses) and the staying power isn't really impressive. It looks way too light (I like a very subtle bronzer, but I still want some color), and it doesn't all go onto the brush at the same level - the lighter colored "braid" in the compact wears down a lot slower than the darker bronzer part. The bronzer part is almost gone but there is still a bunch of braid left - which I guess I can use as highlighter. However, I think based on how poorly this lasted and the price, I will go back to the healthy glow bronzer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2011 6:58:00 PM More reviews by salhon

I use this as a summer blush, and it works great! I am very happy with this.