November 21, 2014 | 1730 users online

Hair Color - N'Rage - Brilliant Demi-Permanent Hair Color in Crimson Red

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2014 8:43:00 PM More reviews by upinspace

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used this over a lightened caramel color for a dark not so vibrant red. It lasts for a long time and didn't really fade.

HOWEVER... I change my hair a lot. And this color stained my hair so badly and it took a lot of bleaching to get the orange tinge out. It does not come out with color stripper since its vegi based. Also, I hate the packaging because the product is so thick so you can't get most of it out. I had to cut it open, which was a bit messy. Also, this color stained like crazy! Everything was tinged red. (Be aware, it DOES wash out with stain remover so that's a plus)

You would like this if you wanted a red that you could commit to, though. If you like to change it up a lot this is not for you.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2012 9:09:00 PM More reviews by tropicanahana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I'm so sad about this product - i have tried both crimson red and blue black and crimson added a red tint to my hair but lasted only a week, blue black did nothing to my hair (but left my scalp BLUE for a week!). I didn't bleach my hair out, but i lightened the bangs and crown to a dark blonde (from my natural brown/black) and i have had extream sucess with manic panic on the bangs, but nrage did nothing. You really need to have the porous bleached hair because this product is based on staining power (and healthy hair just won't stain!)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2011 7:32:00 PM More reviews by prettyslytherinprincess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

N'Raged is the perfect brand to use. I dyed my hair Crimson Red and it was amazing. It smelled amazing, like bubblegum and the color was so vibrant. I dyed my hair back in May and I just went back to my natural color on Monday, and it was still pretty red. Just not as red as it was then but more of a rose-ish color. I am very pleased with how long it lasted and if I ever decide to dye my hair again, N'Raged will be the brand I use.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2011 2:06:00 PM More reviews by MissRivett

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love the N'Rage brand and would use Crimson Red and Teal religiously when I was able to dye my hair fun colors. Crimson Red is a dark red that almost resembles tomato sauce when using. The smell for all of the dyes is bubble gum since they're a vegetable based dye instead of a chemical. The staying power is definitely a lot better than other dyes, Manic Panic specifically, and if you take care of your hair, the color can last over a month. I always lightened my hair before using the dye, but it's not needed unless you have dark hair. Repurchased the brand many times, but this specific dye only once. It's more orangey than blue based, so it made my skin look real ruddy. Would be great for people with yellow undertones.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2011 3:02:00 PM More reviews by rayjbady

Crimson red is the EXACT shade I have been searching for in all my hair-dyeing days. It does not smell like ammonia.. in fact, it smells like bubble gum. I'm not kidding. I bought this at Sally Beauty, it cost $10 a bottle. Color payoff is perfect. I left it in for an hour, not for the 15 minutes the bottle suggested. I did not bleach the top of my hair, where I applied this color, and it's perfect. (I had bleached the underside for blue, review for that is here too).

Cons: Stains even if you wipe it off, so be sure you're protecting your shower/bathtub/counters/floors etc. Also, it seems to be coming off and my face has been turning pink because my hair touches my face at night. It's not staining my pillows though, so I guess maybe this is just residue from the original dye job :) Try it out and see.