October 24, 2014 | 1620 users online

Moisturizers - Proclaim - Natural 7 Oil With Argan Oil

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2014 2:11:00 AM More reviews by makeupjunkie11786

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a great multitasking product for a decent price. (about $8.00 at Sally's) It comes in a convenient spray bottle and has a whopping 8 oz so it will last you quite a while..the scent is very pleasant kind of buttery and nutty not sure how to explain it but not overpowering. I love that its 100%vegan and therefore has no silicones. I like to use it as a moisturizer on the very dry patchy parts that I get on my skin in the winter time it helps to smooth out and soothe the irritation and its awesome as a cuticle oil you can just smooth it on and not need to tediously apply with a brush like most other ones. You can add a few drops to your bath or smooth on skin after you shave use it as a hot oil or pre shampoo treatment as others call it. I like to use about 2 pumps rub it in my palms and smooth it out through the ends of my hair to seal in moisture add shine and defrizz when my hair is damp. I find it funny however that although it's mostly advertised as "ARGAN OIL" that it is one of the least ingredients in this oil. there is more of olive sunflower,jojoba, castor and grapeseed oil in it than argan but no complaints because they are all great at moisturizing naturally and effectively! I have dense hair that's more thinner than thick so I find that a tiny bit goes a long way but the same goes for most of the uses for this oil, so like I said it's gonna last you forever. I am trying to stay away from silicones and go on a more natural route with my hair products so this multitasker is a major bonus and is of Great value in my opinion. I am kind of browsing around with natural oils right now to see what works best for me but so far I have no complaints on this product as long as you remember to use it lightly to avoid looking like a greaseball. So all in all I am happy with this product and for all it does I do believe that I will be repurchasing when I run out

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2013 11:30:00 PM More reviews by rinstarangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This has transformed my hair after only two nights! I put it in my hair before bed - 5 squirts throughout my shoulder length hair (my hair is fine but I have a lot of it). Then I shampoo and condition like normal in the morning. My hair was so dry and frizzy and I was ready to chop it off because I was frustrated with how blah it looked. Now it looks healthy with minimal frizz and it has life to it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2012 10:41:00 PM More reviews by angelfrat

I was introduced to Argan Oil from the Josie Maran line. I tried the argan oil every day as a moisturizer and absolutely loved what it did to my face. When I ran out I decided to look for a cheaper version and found Proclaim on the Sally Beauty website. I was a little skeptical at first because it was so much cheaper then the Josie Maran which is like $90 for 4floz. But I am so happy I did. I get the same results at a great low price. I love the way the oil just leaves my skin feeling soft and moisturized. I use this everyday in the morning and a night as a facial moisturize, a little nervous to put it in my hair since my hair tends to get oily fast. I just can't say enough great things about this product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2012 5:52:00 PM More reviews by gommiebears

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had this bottle for over a year and I just recently made it to the bottom. I use this oil as a preshampoo/hot oil treatment. It works better for me in the winter due to the indoor heating and lack of humidity making my fine 4a/b/c porous dry hair pretty brittle. And the oil blend kind of acts like buffer to prevent my shampoos from stripping my hair of all of its oils. I also like to use this on my cuticles because it helps me grow out the damage to my nails (working in retails sucks) and makes my nails stronger. I also use this in the winter as a lotion booster because I have some lotions that are just too watery to be used on its own in the cooler months. Since this contains sunflower oil, and sunflower oils contains ceramides that helps keep your hair stronger and moisturized and reduces breakage and all that literature. Since I am almost out, I will wait for a sale to stock up.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2012 2:52:00 PM More reviews by aliskey62389

I bought this oil at Sally's fairly cheap and I think it is a great moisturizer for cuticles, skin and hair. I tend to use it more as a moisture treatment for my hair because I haven't quite figured out how to use the oil on my hair daily without it looking greasy :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2012 8:45:00 PM More reviews by chiodancrgrl23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff makes my hair so soft. I really only use it on the ends of my hair and it makes my ends feel great. The bottle will last a very long time but I felt the urge to go out to buy another - this oil is that good!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2011 8:52:00 PM More reviews by jenettd

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this on sale at Sally's for 3.99. I use on my hair and face at night. It keeps my face clear and my hair soft. I make sure I put enough on my ends and when I wake up my ends are very soft. And I haven't broken out from using this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2011 8:15:00 AM More reviews by lexijojohnson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I just bought this yesterday and I am impressed thus far (I will update my review after using this for a while). First, the price - I was able to get it this week at Sally Beauty for $3.99. I was lucky to get the last one! This works as a hair product, but also as a skin and nail product. I have SUPER dry cuticles. They crack and bleed, and even if I bump them on something they crack open. It is embarrassing, and I always have to have bandaids with me. Also, I am on a new med for my skin (spironolcatone) that is a diuretic, so I'm using the restroom more often and having to wash my hands a lot more and that is drying my hands out like crazy. So, I'm using this on my hair, my cuticles, and my hands. I used this on just the pony tail portion of my hair, concentrating on the ends. For my hair, I just put it on the parts just discussed, and then wrapped my pony tail around to make a bun at the top and slept with it like this. My hair feels a bit softer this morning, not so straw-like! I had tried to use the One N Only Argan Oil and it broke me out a bit. I think the difference in this one is the ingredients, and the intended use. In the One N Only version, the first ingredient is Dimethicone. In this one it is Sunflower Seed oil. It also has castor oil, grape seed oil, sesame seed oil, and olive oil. What I also like about this one is that it isn't too greasy. The oil dries fast enough, but your skin still feels treated. I may venture using this on my face at some point, if I get brave! I have sensitive skin, but maybe these kinda of oils is just what my skin needs. The spray nozzle is good, too, because you can better control how much product you are using. EDIT: If you use this for your hair - be careful with how much you use! Perhaps that goes without saying, but I got excited and too carried away! For my really long,layered, thick, coarse hair I used maybe 5 sprays the first time. It doesn't seem like much is coming out - but my hair was so oddly visibly greasy. I just used two this last time, and it is OK, but I think I may even take it down to 1 spray.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2011 9:39:00 AM More reviews by jkonstan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great body oil. I love how it feels and the smell and will definitely repurchase. The only thing I'm not crazy about is the pump, it's a little hard to use but I can put into another container.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2011 10:16:00 AM More reviews by Sanzibar

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I prefer body oils to body lotion but I have some requirements for them. This one meets them all. It softens my skin, absorbs easily, does not leave my skin feeling greasy, and has a light but pleasant scent. I apply it daily after my shower but I've used it long enough now, I have skipped a day and my skin still felt soft. I like that this oil is light enough, I can apply my scented body lotion over it and it still works with my skin. My skin is looking better overall and my nails are in very good shape compared to how they were. The k.p. on my upper arms has not disappeared but I do think the bumps are smaller and not as red.
It comes in a bottle with a pump spray which is more convenient than the flip tops most oils come with. I may spray a little on my body but I usually just spray it into my palm and apply all over. I haven't tried it in my hair yet. I will definitely buy it again.

5/3/11 UPDATE: I've now used this in my hair several times and I love it. Like any oil, you only want to use a very small amount and I don't use on my roots. I can use it as a leave in conditioner in wet hair. On dry hair, I rub a small amount between my palms and rub lightly over my hair, concentrating on the ends to control the frizziness and dryness. It leaves my hair shiny and soft. This is really a great, economical product with many uses.