November 22, 2014 | 1798 users online

Hair Treatments - Proclaim - Cream Cholesterol

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 12/9/2012 12:30:00 PM More reviews by curlmeup97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Ok , so i bought this big huge tub yesterday at Sally's for roughly $3. & it is HUGE ! So i thought it was a good buy and that it'd last forever. My hair has been way over-processed . . . to where the curl is gone . i used to relax my hair then i bleached it all over to dye it red . then dyed the red auburn and then the auburn black . & the color just goes back to brown . . every time . I thought this cholesterol was gonna help my hair out cause it was dry as all get out ! So i wash my hair with my macadamia oil shampoo & slapped just enough to cover my short hair . I went way over the time on the bucket but i thought it be okay . i washed it out & my hair felt like mush . I ran my fingers throught it and there was soo many loose hairs on my hand . . . i was upset . Maybe it's because i went over the time or something but i will try it once more . If the results are the same . . someone's getting a christmas present ! Soo unsatisfied .

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2011 12:06:00 AM More reviews by VividDreams

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I've played around with this product for about three years now and (for me) it works really well. I've never used a different cholesterol so I have nothing to compare it to. The directions on the back are retarded and the person before me was right no one has the patience for it, so its definitly not an everyday conditioning type thing. I only use this after i get my hair cut, just because thats when it seems like my hair needs more care. I think this stuff would work best for African American hair, because it gives you hair alllooottt of moisture, and its way too much for people with normal or already oily hair. I wash my hair, and then i put this stuff in and leave it in for about 30 mins. Then i rinse it out and then condition it with any normal conditioner. I do this b/c if I don't my hair is way too greasy b/c this will leave a residue, and if i shampoo it it will all wash out and was just a waste of time, but a conditioner is a nice balance. I would never recommend putting this into dry hair, it seems to prevent you from getting more moisture from any other conditioner or product until after you shampoo your hair, and won't mix well when using styling products. uhmm...so anyways:
pros:
cheap
conditions hair
cons:
time consuming
greasy
can't style with it like it says on the container (unless your hair is incredibly dry)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2011 6:26:00 PM More reviews by ThisGirl0

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

OMG, worst product ever! I can't believe how different cholesterols can be. I have long, thick, overprocessed hair that tends to get dry easily. I don't use a regular conditioner because it doesn't do the job, so I tend to use heavier thick/deep conditioners and cholesterols. I typically use the Silk Elements Cholesterol which works well like a regular conditioner; makes my hair soft and detangles easily, but can also be used with heat as a deep conditioner.
Well, I figured why not switch it up and try a different brand just for fun, plus Proclaim was a few bucks cheaper. I got the 10oz tub at Sally's for about $2.
I didn't use it according to directions because it is time consuming for me to wash my hair, towel dry, apply this stuff, and then rinse. I just don't have the patience so I tried using it on wet hair in the shower thinking it would perform just like the other one, but no. This product is very thick and buttery in the tub. It is creamy and absorbs quickly. My hair soaks a handful of this right up, but the results are horrible. This product does not condition at all and leaves my hair even more tangled than before appying this. It makes absolutely no difference in my hair, only causes tangles and messes that I have to fix with leave-in conditioners. Terrible purchase. Will not happen again. Not sure what to do with the remainder of the product since it's completely useless.