January 28, 2015 | 1919 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - It's Raining Men

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2015 2:16:00 AM More reviews by xjesslovesyoux

Not only does it have an amazinggg scent, (honey caramel and a few floral notes) but it does a great job at cleansing my skin and the scent does linger for a bit after i'm done showering. It also lathers up very nicely and it does last for quite a long time, my bottle is the 280g and i've had it for a few weeks and it looks like i've barely used it! Unlike most soaps, this one doesn't strip all the moisture off my skin and doesn't make me feel really squeaky clean. It's moisturising and hydrating and i do love this shower gel very much :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2015 10:10:00 AM More reviews by blairxbianca

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The scent is fantastic, and this shower gel never irritates my mild psoriasis!
I would of gave it 5 stars if the product didn't have parabens in it, lathered better, and wasn't so ridiculously priced, but there's nothing like this scent out there, so it's worth it! A great thing about this shower gel is that the scent lingers on your skin, definitely a plus for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2014 7:06:00 AM More reviews by nicolewo

Lots of love for this shower gel - the smell is lovely, if a little subtle. I prefer it that way though. Both my partner and I feel it's helping to clear up some of our skin issues (I have bacne that has eased up considerably since I started using this)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2014 10:54:00 PM More reviews by DJCupcakes

This is the second shower gel I tried from LUSH. I won't lie, I mostly bought it for the name. Now every time I see the bottle in the shower, I have its namesake song stuck in my head.

First off, the smell: it does resemble honey, but it's more sugary. To my nose, it has a definite caramel/butterscotch leaning. I usually do not like products that smell food-y. This one is alright; not my favorite smell. Some days, the smell turns me off and I avoid using it. Other times, I find it cozy and nostalgic. I definitely recommend sniffing this in the store before purchasing, because I think for most people, it would be a "love it or hate it" sort of smell.

The shower gel itself is nice. It's a slightly thin, pearlescent gel that lathers up well, especially when used with a loofah. It's not particularly moisturizing in my experience, but it's also not drying. It rinses off easily and my skin just feels clean and soft. The smell doesn't linger on the skin - I can only smell it very faintly on my skin for a couple of minutes after I get out of the shower, and after that, nothing.

Overall I don't have any complaints. The scent is distinctive and will definitely be a matter of taste (as I mentioned before, I'm wishy-washy about it). The product performs well, although as is usual with LUSH, it's quite expensive for a shower gel.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2014 5:18:00 PM More reviews by madelinekay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I do like this but I would choose the similar Flying Fox as the smell stays with you longer. This is sweet like honey!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2014 11:41:00 PM More reviews by KaiteKins

This smells great but it performs like any other shower gel so I don't think it's worth the price. I also wish the carmelly smell was stronger/lasted longer.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2014 1:50:00 PM More reviews by woodenshoe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I generally have a problem with odd and quirky names for cosmetic products and it goes without saying that the same applies to this one. However, the product itself is great! It smells delicious, lathers well and the smell even lingers a bit after showering. Another pro is that it actually moisturizes.

The smell can be compared with the Honey I Washed The Kids soap bar but unlike the bar the gel lathers well as I mentioned before, it doesn't have a drying effect on the skin and the smell slightly lingers. I do have to take one lippie of for the price though because it's way too high.

Will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2014 11:52:00 AM More reviews by markeesi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've always liked gourmand scents and this pleases me very much. The scent is quite strong as others have mentioned, but after rinsing it's lighter (definitely still noticeable). I find the last drops nicest to use as the honey seems to sink to the bottom of the bottle. Honey scent is not at all artificial. I don't think it's hydrating on my skin, which at times can be very very dry (especially during freezing Northern Europe winters), but it does seem to prevent further drying. I would always still moisturize after this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2014 5:48:00 AM More reviews by alee094

there's really nothing more that I could say that hasn't already been said.

1) this shower gel smells AMAZING. it smells like how I'd imagine The Land of Milk and Honey to smell like. It's not just sweet, it also smells almost creamy.

2) the scent lingers but isn't overpowering

3) it lathers very well even without a loofah

4) it's very moisturising and it leaves my skin feeling soft.

5) it is a bit pricey but just for the scent alone, it's worth it.

I will definitely be repurchasing, the largest size!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2014 4:31:00 PM More reviews by polivv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this shower gel. I got a 100ml bottle as a gift, used it up, and have since purchased it myself. The only negative thing I have to say about it is that for 100ml, at 4.50 pounds it's a bit pricey, but the larger sizes work out to a better value and last a long time.

It's very moisturizing, which I love, as the skin on my body is quite dry. A lot of the time I don't even feel the need to apply moisturizer after having showered with this. A little goes a long way, it's easy to pour out too much. It lathers up very well and very quickly and feels a little creamy, yet cleansing and pampering on the skin. I believe that is because of all the honey in it.

The scent: I love the scent. I was a bit apprehensive at first because when you pour it out it's quite strong, (not as strong as Imperial Leather scents, mind you) but once you rinse off, a very pleasant, milder version of it lingers on the skin and it just smells delicious, like honey or a sweet delicious pastry. Did not dry me out at all, on the contrary. No bad reaction whatsoever either.

Normally I steer clear of heavily scented shower gels, but because this is mostly made of natural ingredients and is so moisturizing, which my skin badly needs, I went back to it as soon as I used up the first bottle. Other than the slightly steep price, I have only good things to say about this, and strongly recommend it to those out there with dry skin.