LUSH It's Raining Men

4.3

Honey, Rosehip, Lotus flowers, Tiger Lily Infusion, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Water, Perfume, Propylene Glycol, Sweet Wild Orange Oil, Bergamot Oil, Titanium Dioxide, *Limonene, *Linalool, Benzyl Benzoate, Methylparaben *occurs naturally in essential oils

on 7/27/2015 9:28:00 AM

The (closest thing to a) liquid version of my fave Lush soap Honey I Washed the Kids. The scent of this is Absolutely Divine. I cannot stop smelling myself when I use this! You literally will smell good enough to eat/lick post-wash. ;)
Apart from being incredibly moisturizing, this makes my skin so soft and supple. Makes for a good shaving gel, too.
Possibly my only gripe is it is a bit pricey, but I sure hope Lush does not discontinue this as I'll be repurchasing forever!

on 5/18/2015 9:42:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Everyone keeps raving about the smell of this shower gel and I can't understand why! The scent smells like honey, but it has some other disgusting scent to it, I can't pin point what it smells like but it smells nasty at first. Maybe this is how real honey smells, I don't know, but the scent isn't that sweet to begin with.

When it comes to moisture, I don't think this is a very moisturizing shower gel. My skin doesn't necessarily need a lot of moisture, even though I need a more moisturizing shower gel in the fall and winter. I also noticed that it makes my skin kind of itchy, but when I'm done in the shower it stops. Weird!

On the other hand, this stuff makes my skin SO. INCREDIBLY. SOFT. It's seriously insane! This is also why it gets four lippies! No shower gel or soap or scrub or lotion has ever made my skin feel as soft as this shower gel has. If I use it with a loofah, my skin gets even softer! It lathers really well and I feel really clean after I've used it. It smells really bad in the shower in my opinion, but once I'm out of the shower and my skin has dried, it smells lovely! A sweet honey scent which doesn't linger for too long, it's not overpowering at all. Just a soothing honey smell.

Still not sure if I will repurchase it, mainly because of the smell. I really don't like it and I never look forward to using it in the shower. I'll see what happens when it gets empty!

☆ MY SKIN, BODY ☆
Normal, acne on my back and shoulders. Very dry hands. My legs tend to get slightly dry in the winter.

on 4/28/2015 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

good neutral scent very sweet like honey lasts ages! so healthy for your skin with natural antibacterials etc love

Not only does it have an amazinggg scent, (honey caramel and a few floral notes) but it does a great job at cleansing my skin and the scent does linger for a bit after i'm done showering. It also lathers up very nicely and it does last for quite a long time, my bottle is the 280g and i've had it for a few weeks and it looks like i've barely used it! Unlike most soaps, this one doesn't strip all the moisture off my skin and doesn't make me feel really squeaky clean. It's moisturising and hydrating and i do love this shower gel very much :)

on 1/14/2015 10:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

The scent is fantastic, and this shower gel never irritates my mild psoriasis!
I would of gave it 5 stars if the product didn't have parabens in it, lathered better, and wasn't so ridiculously priced, but there's nothing like this scent out there, so it's worth it! A great thing about this shower gel is that the scent lingers on your skin, definitely a plus for me!

on 8/30/2014 7:06:00 AM

Lots of love for this shower gel - the smell is lovely, if a little subtle. I prefer it that way though. Both my partner and I feel it's helping to clear up some of our skin issues (I have bacne that has eased up considerably since I started using this)

on 6/11/2014 10:54:00 PM

This is the second shower gel I tried from LUSH. I won't lie, I mostly bought it for the name. Now every time I see the bottle in the shower, I have its namesake song stuck in my head.

First off, the smell: it does resemble honey, but it's more sugary. To my nose, it has a definite caramel/butterscotch leaning. I usually do not like products that smell food-y. This one is alright; not my favorite smell. Some days, the smell turns me off and I avoid using it. Other times, I find it cozy and nostalgic. I definitely recommend sniffing this in the store before purchasing, because I think for most people, it would be a "love it or hate it" sort of smell.

The shower gel itself is nice. It's a slightly thin, pearlescent gel that lathers up well, especially when used with a loofah. It's not particularly moisturizing in my experience, but it's also not drying. It rinses off easily and my skin just feels clean and soft. The smell doesn't linger on the skin - I can only smell it very faintly on my skin for a couple of minutes after I get out of the shower, and after that, nothing.

Overall I don't have any complaints. The scent is distinctive and will definitely be a matter of taste (as I mentioned before, I'm wishy-washy about it). The product performs well, although as is usual with LUSH, it's quite expensive for a shower gel.

on 6/2/2014 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I do like this but I would choose the similar Flying Fox as the smell stays with you longer. This is sweet like honey!

on 5/26/2014 11:41:00 PM

This smells great but it performs like any other shower gel so I don't think it's worth the price. I also wish the carmelly smell was stronger/lasted longer.

on 5/25/2014 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I generally have a problem with odd and quirky names for cosmetic products and it goes without saying that the same applies to this one. However, the product itself is great! It smells delicious, lathers well and the smell even lingers a bit after showering. Another pro is that it actually moisturizes.

The smell can be compared with the Honey I Washed The Kids soap bar but unlike the bar the gel lathers well as I mentioned before, it doesn't have a drying effect on the skin and the smell slightly lingers. I do have to take one lippie of for the price though because it's way too high.

Will repurchase!