August 30, 2014 | 1134 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - It's Raining Men

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2014 7:06:00 AM More reviews by nicolewo

Lots of love for this shower gel - the smell is lovely, if a little subtle. I prefer it that way though. Both my partner and I feel it's helping to clear up some of our skin issues (I have bacne that has eased up considerably since I started using this)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2014 10:54:00 PM More reviews by DJCupcakes

This is the second shower gel I tried from LUSH. I won't lie, I mostly bought it for the name. Now every time I see the bottle in the shower, I have its namesake song stuck in my head.

First off, the smell: it does resemble honey, but it's more sugary. To my nose, it has a definite caramel/butterscotch leaning. I usually do not like products that smell food-y. This one is alright; not my favorite smell. Some days, the smell turns me off and I avoid using it. Other times, I find it cozy and nostalgic. I definitely recommend sniffing this in the store before purchasing, because I think for most people, it would be a "love it or hate it" sort of smell.

The shower gel itself is nice. It's a slightly thin, pearlescent gel that lathers up well, especially when used with a loofah. It's not particularly moisturizing in my experience, but it's also not drying. It rinses off easily and my skin just feels clean and soft. The smell doesn't linger on the skin - I can only smell it very faintly on my skin for a couple of minutes after I get out of the shower, and after that, nothing.

Overall I don't have any complaints. The scent is distinctive and will definitely be a matter of taste (as I mentioned before, I'm wishy-washy about it). The product performs well, although as is usual with LUSH, it's quite expensive for a shower gel.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2014 5:18:00 PM More reviews by madelinekay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I do like this but I would choose the similar Flying Fox as the smell stays with you longer. This is sweet like honey!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2014 11:41:00 PM More reviews by KaiteKins

This smells great but it performs like any other shower gel so I don't think it's worth the price. I also wish the carmelly smell was stronger/lasted longer.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2014 1:50:00 PM More reviews by woodenshoe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I generally have a problem with odd and quirky names for cosmetic products and it goes without saying that the same applies to this one. However, the product itself is great! It smells delicious, lathers well and the smell even lingers a bit after showering. Another pro is that it actually moisturizes.

The smell can be compared with the Honey I Washed The Kids soap bar but unlike the bar the gel lathers well as I mentioned before, it doesn't have a drying effect on the skin and the smell slightly lingers. I do have to take one lippie of for the price though because it's way too high.

Will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2014 11:52:00 AM More reviews by markeesi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've always liked gourmand scents and this pleases me very much. The scent is quite strong as others have mentioned, but after rinsing it's lighter (definitely still noticeable). I find the last drops nicest to use as the honey seems to sink to the bottom of the bottle. Honey scent is not at all artificial. I don't think it's hydrating on my skin, which at times can be very very dry (especially during freezing Northern Europe winters), but it does seem to prevent further drying. I would always still moisturize after this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2014 5:48:00 AM More reviews by alee094

there's really nothing more that I could say that hasn't already been said.

1) this shower gel smells AMAZING. it smells like how I'd imagine The Land of Milk and Honey to smell like. It's not just sweet, it also smells almost creamy.

2) the scent lingers but isn't overpowering

3) it lathers very well even without a loofah

4) it's very moisturising and it leaves my skin feeling soft.

5) it is a bit pricey but just for the scent alone, it's worth it.

I will definitely be repurchasing, the largest size!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2014 4:31:00 PM More reviews by polivv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this shower gel. I got a 100ml bottle as a gift, used it up, and have since purchased it myself. The only negative thing I have to say about it is that for 100ml, at 4.50 pounds it's a bit pricey, but the larger sizes work out to a better value and last a long time.

It's very moisturizing, which I love, as the skin on my body is quite dry. A lot of the time I don't even feel the need to apply moisturizer after having showered with this. A little goes a long way, it's easy to pour out too much. It lathers up very well and very quickly and feels a little creamy, yet cleansing and pampering on the skin. I believe that is because of all the honey in it.

The scent: I love the scent. I was a bit apprehensive at first because when you pour it out it's quite strong, (not as strong as Imperial Leather scents, mind you) but once you rinse off, a very pleasant, milder version of it lingers on the skin and it just smells delicious, like honey or a sweet delicious pastry. Did not dry me out at all, on the contrary. No bad reaction whatsoever either.

Normally I steer clear of heavily scented shower gels, but because this is mostly made of natural ingredients and is so moisturizing, which my skin badly needs, I went back to it as soon as I used up the first bottle. Other than the slightly steep price, I have only good things to say about this, and strongly recommend it to those out there with dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2014 5:52:00 PM More reviews by Bclancy

Another LUSH product that I bought for the ingredients and performance, even though I didn't care for the smell. I just got the 3.3 ounce in case I ended up hating the smell. I am not usually a fan of sweet fragrances or for that matter food-ey scents either. I don't like my lotions or body washes to smell like something I want to eat. Especially candy. Yuck. The thought of a toffee smelling body wash was a huge turn off. But it has the most moisturizing ingredients of all LUSH's shower gels. The first ingredient is honey(!) so I picked it over Flying Fox and Olive Branch, both of which I liked the scent of more. Well you can certainly tell it has lots of honey. It lathers, but not as much as a typical shower gel IMO. That is fine with me as long as it leaves my skin soft and not dry. And it certainly accomplishes this. My skin feels super smooth after using. I can even get away without using lotion. And the smell really isn't too sweet. It's more sophisticated than I expected. After I get out of the shower, it's more like a light honey smell than toffee. And I love honey :) may actually buy the full size when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2014 12:47:00 PM More reviews by LemurLover95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Pros: . The smell is heavenly . A tiny bit goes a long way as the lather is incredible. Using a 250ml bottle every day for six weeks and I still have enough for at least two more weeks . Very moisturising and cleans your body very well . Cleans hair surprisingly well . Soothes razor rash like a dream Cons: . The price! £9 for a 250ml bottle! . Smell isn't strong when washed off