Remington T-Studio Pearl Curling Wand

4.6

on 7/31/2015 6:47:00 AM

I got this one in the oval shape (medium metallic pink colour) because I wanted to see what oval curls would look like. I knew from the first curls that this was a great curling iron!

I wanted a curling iron that could achieve big waves/curls for each day before I go out, just as if I used hair rollers.

I had this since a few weeks ago and have gotten so many compliments! I have naturally frizzy hair that requires high heat to be able to style via hair styling tools, so I wasn't sure if this product would be able to do the job. It curls beautifully even without pre-straightening my hair when previous curling irons were not able to do this, and the curls stay for a long time without having to add gel/mousse/etc.

For the cons, I wish they would've made a clamp instead of making it a wand, because although they provide a glove for (temporary) heat protection, I still don't like placing my fingers that close to something that's around 360 degrees. Also wish they would have made the cord longer as it can easily be too short, especially if I'm curling the upper part of my hair and I'm holding the curler up. If they redesign this curling iron, they need to change the buttons' location, because when I'm curling my hair, it's easy to accidentally change the temperature.

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

I love this curling wand. It helps me to achieve beachy waves with it. Fast and easy.

on 6/3/2015 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely LOVE and highly recommend this baby! I have very fine straight Asian hair that refuses to hold a curl and I am totally incompetent with regular curling irons. I bought the 1/2-1", and it has been a godsend. All I do is spray on some heat protectant, brush, and curl away. I am still a bit clumsy with It, and it takes me about 15 mins (hair is currently medium length) to do my whole head. The curls last until I was my hair (which is everyday, but I'm sure it can last longer) without any additional styling products. The only thing I add is texturizing powder for additional volume. Seriously...if I can use this, anyone can! The only thing I don't like is the pink, but for the affordable price and amazing results, I can live with it.

on 5/15/2015 3:13:00 PM

Had mine since 2011 & it still works great. This is inexpensive & is fantastic to use on synthetic hair aka heat safe synthetic extensions & wigs. Glad I purchased this!

on 12/23/2014 9:17:00 AM

HG curler for me! I use it every time I curl my hair and I love it! No complaints here. Great price too.

on 12/23/2014 3:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Great buy!! I got it for under $30 and it works fantastic. I bought it after reading many reviews and it is something I would definitely rebuy

on 12/14/2014 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I love this. I grabbed this and the dryer during our employee weekend (extra discount) and I'm soooo glad I did. I previously had a super old Revlon big barrel and the curls never stayed. I was interested in getting a clampless, thinking of bubble wand, but I heard the curls came out a little nicer with a regular wand. The reviews for this were great so I picked it up. I love how smooth the barrel is, it's easy to use and the temp is easy to adjust. It gets HOT so I like that I can have it less hot if I want to. I did my kids hair that way and it worked perfectly. I also like the glove, just a way to keep my clumsy arse safe lol. It's easy to use and the curls come out nicely. I did such a half-butt job just to test it out and it still came out awesome. I don't like hairsprays at ALL so I used no product but it still lasted for a few days, and I have stubborn hair. I was worried about it being tapered that it would look weird but it doesn't. They fall out nicely over time so a few days later I still had nice waves which was awesome.

on 11/27/2014 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

HG hair product for me. I am incompetent with hair and didn't know how to make nice waves or curls for the life of me until this product came along. I adore it!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Every few years there’s a must have beauty tool—and this one is it. I don’t know what took me so long to buy a conical wand, but believe me when I tell you, there is a real *difference* between the curls (or waves) a conical wand makes, and the ones that a regular iron makes; I’ve always been jealous of those beautiful, perfectly curled, just-out-of-the-magazine, heads of hair walking around NYC, and this was their trick…you cannot achieve this look with a regular iron…trust me, I’ve tried!

Admittedly, I haven’t tried other wands, but I have had other high end irons and straighteners, and can say that the results of this wand, the shiny hair that it leaves, the speed that it curls your hair, the adjustable temp control, the fast heat up etc, are all on par with high end tools. My curls do fall by the end of the day if I don't specially prep my hair, but they fall into gorgeous waves, so I'm fine with that :)

I have hair that’s almost to my inner elbow and went with the larger barrel: 1-1.5 inches and am thrilled with it. Yes, all my hair fits on the wand, from scalp to tip…just wrap tightly. It’ll take a little bit before you get used to how to wrap your hair around it, but once you’ve got it, it’s cake…it takes me maybe 10 minutes to do my whole head. I hold the wand parallel to the floor and wrap medium sections around, hold for a few seconds and release…and I don’t use the included heat-protective glove. The larger the section, the looser the curl. Play around with twisting the hair as you wrap it, or leaving it flat, with curling in different directions, different sizes of sections of hair, and the using the wider end, vs mostly using the thinner end.

My only complaint is the on/off and temp control buttons: They’re set flush and right where I hold the wand, so I frequently hit them while I’m using it.
At $30 (for the smaller barrel) to $40 (for the larger barrel) you really cannot go wrong. Love this so much I bought a couple as gifts!

on 7/29/2014 8:16:00 AM

I love this curling wand so much! I have thick long hair and it usually takes me forever to get nice curls, but with this it is quick and the curls turn out amazing & they also last all day! However my friend gave me this curling wand and she didn't give me the glove to go with it, so it is very easy to burn myself on, so i need to buy a new one, But if you are looking to buy a curling wand, i reccomend this one!

Popular Hair Styling Tools