November 28, 2014 | 1844 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Remington - T-Studio Pearl Curling Wand

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2014 1:10:00 PM More reviews by pink_daze

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

HG hair product for me. I am incompetent with hair and didn't know how to make nice waves or curls for the life of me until this product came along. I adore it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2014 12:32:00 PM More reviews by youwillneverfindme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Every few years there’s a must have beauty tool—and this one is it. I don’t know what took me so long to buy a conical wand, but believe me when I tell you, there is a real *difference* between the curls (or waves) a conical wand makes, and the ones that a regular iron makes; I’ve always been jealous of those beautiful, perfectly curled, just-out-of-the-magazine, heads of hair walking around NYC, and this was their trick…you cannot achieve this look with a regular iron…trust me, I’ve tried!

Admittedly, I haven’t tried other wands, but I have had other high end irons and straighteners, and can say that the results of this wand, the shiny hair that it leaves, the speed that it curls your hair, the adjustable temp control, the fast heat up etc, are all on par with high end tools. My curls do fall by the end of the day if I don't specially prep my hair, but they fall into gorgeous waves, so I'm fine with that :)

I have hair that’s almost to my inner elbow and went with the larger barrel: 1-1.5 inches and am thrilled with it. Yes, all my hair fits on the wand, from scalp to tip…just wrap tightly. It’ll take a little bit before you get used to how to wrap your hair around it, but once you’ve got it, it’s cake…it takes me maybe 10 minutes to do my whole head. I hold the wand parallel to the floor and wrap medium sections around, hold for a few seconds and release…and I don’t use the included heat-protective glove. The larger the section, the looser the curl. Play around with twisting the hair as you wrap it, or leaving it flat, with curling in different directions, different sizes of sections of hair, and the using the wider end, vs mostly using the thinner end.

My only complaint is the on/off and temp control buttons: They’re set flush and right where I hold the wand, so I frequently hit them while I’m using it.
At $30 (for the smaller barrel) to $40 (for the larger barrel) you really cannot go wrong. Love this so much I bought a couple as gifts!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2014 8:16:00 AM More reviews by Makeupbaby18

I love this curling wand so much! I have thick long hair and it usually takes me forever to get nice curls, but with this it is quick and the curls turn out amazing & they also last all day! However my friend gave me this curling wand and she didn't give me the glove to go with it, so it is very easy to burn myself on, so i need to buy a new one, But if you are looking to buy a curling wand, i reccomend this one!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2014 1:15:00 AM More reviews by kissjacksparrow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have naturally curly hair (3b) and the few curling irons I have tried do nothing for my hair..... this, however, has been revolutionary. I can get natural looking cells that match my natural texture or tight, perfect ringlets depending on how I wrap the hair. I can achieve so much variety! I've had moved a few years now and it still works great, although some of the pink coating has copied away but not right to be an issue yet. I life to use it to touch up 2nd day hair, and I can get 2nd day curls that last much longer then my natural curls. For my hair, this before never seemed remotely possible! I have received this to do many friends with different hair types. 2 have bought it after playing with mine. I badly want the large one now to do looser waves . For the price You really can't go wrong! I've bough many other much more.expensive hair tools and none have have I use a much as this one or worked this well !

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2014 9:49:00 AM More reviews by blackberries

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I cannot curl hair because I become impatient when hair styling takes longer than 10 minutes.
Secondly, my hair does not hold curls because it hates me in general.

With this wand, I actually have curls for the first time in my life!!!! I have it set at temperature 365 (I found 400 to be too hot for my hair) and just go. It burned my finger one time, and lots of reviews say they don't use the annoying glove... for me, I find the glove to be very helpful. I can get very close to the wand with the glove since I have such rookie skills.

There's a learning curve to using it. I took about 10 curling tries (10 days) to finally get it -and no I still can't recreate looks from magazines/celebrities but at least I have curls! SO THERE, STUPID HAIR!

My hair really does not hold curls very well. In the past, I'd layer and layer lots of products for my hair to hold curls. With this wand, I am able to just use two products!! (hair spray and mousse) So I am very happy that I don't have to spend a LOT of time on my hair, I don't have to weigh my hair down with too much product, and this wand curls FAST (20 fast-counting* seconds can create waves, *YOU SEE I am very impatient!)

I am so happy with my purchase! And I'm so glad I didn't have to spend a fortune.

The wand is extremely light (cheap plastic on the handle), the cord is very thin (my $150CAD Chi flat iron has a nice thick cord, my $150CAD hair dryer also has a thick cord. The $40CAD Remington's cord is so narrow I'd have to be careful rolling the cord up when storing!), the cord is also really short, and the stand to keep the wand upright is so short it's almost useless. I lay the curling wand onto my thermal mat (that came with the Chi) so it can roll all it wants without destroying itself.

And the usage of WANDS? I am a total noob in hair styling even though I've attempted styling my hair countless times (just like my cooking skills). Yet I've learned to keep my hair from sliding to the tip (due to gravity and the slippery wand), I've learned to curl every strand taking only 10 minutes (note: not every strand has the same/perfect-size curl when done in 10 minutes, but since my hair doesn't KEEP the curl** anyway, it's fine), and I've learned to curl closer to the roots as well! And I prefer this over the clamp because the clamp creates a fold -which is so ugly.
In conclusion: if I can use this, you can too!

**my 10 minute work creates really nice curls, but in 1 hour my hair loses the curl and becomes wavy. It's still very natural looking and pretty! It's okay I forgive you, hair.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 12:37:00 PM More reviews by katyrenae16

I have thick hair, and it basically refuses to hold a curl. I borrowed this wand from a friend and oh my god I fell in love. This made my hair look so great, my hair held the curls all day long, and so I went out the next day and bought my own.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2014 4:42:00 AM More reviews by eritreanempress

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Black

This is the holy grail of all products for me. This wand is amazing. It creates amazing waves and curls and is so easy to use even for a beginner. I have used pricer wands and nothing compares to this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2014 8:05:00 PM More reviews by rrhoden05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this curling wand. Have had it for over a year..just have to be careful because it does get really hot and will burn ur hand..I don't use the glove..felt like it didn't give much protection and made my hair slippery when trying to wrap it. This thing does give u beautuful curls that last all day and the next day I still have loose curls. Love this thing better then my hot tools curling irons.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2014 12:58:00 AM More reviews by kings20

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

AWESOME CURLER!!!!!! Super easy to use and the curls last even when you sleep on them. I have fine, color treated hair and this wand doesn't damage my hair at all. I love that it's super quick to do my whole head. Just twirl and go. Love it! Can create tight curls to loose beachy waves. Fabulous product and super cheap too.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2013 10:34:00 PM More reviews by vuvie

I have the REMINGTON CI95 PEARL WAND . I love this wand. It curls nicely without singeing the hair even when I do not apply any heat protector.

I love how the curls look after. So pretty and holds the whole day.

Be careful as it is hot and could cause burning on the skin. Use with the glove provided.